2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Hoping to wake up tomorrow and it was just a dream

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 09:36 PM
COTTS4x4
Mountain Pass
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
So no one else wants to know if he shot a gobbler?

Old 03-21-2018, 09:45 PM
BillyE
Fleet Mechanic
Received 202 Likes on 111 Posts
Originally Posted by COTTS4x4
So no one else wants to know if he shot a gobbler?
I think he shot a hen and it’s all an elaborate coverup.

Old 03-21-2018, 09:49 PM
achec
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey if he was lying not saying he is. why would he post online to impress or get sympathy from strangers he will quite possibly never meet?!

hopefully u get back into a truck soon

Old 03-21-2018, 09:52 PM
Hackenbush
Laughing Gas

Received 144 Likes on 90 Posts
Originally Posted by Larrymac52

Tree damage? — there is a white line zapped into the tree from about 10-15 feet up and then splits below that. That is a huge tree— at least a radius of six feet.
Most average oaks would have been split. We hope this one survives but know it might be 6-12 months before we know for sure.
As old and stable as that tree looks, I think you won't see any drastic change for a couple years, But it will go fast after that. Watch for foliage loss during the late summer during it's most stressful period, I'd hate to see that one Lost.

Old 03-21-2018, 11:39 PM
blolmaugh
Junior User
The comment i got from a firefighter when this happened to my work truck....”you should see how the new aluminum ones burn.” I said, “like myself aluminum one behind the fire truck”

I feel for you, hopefully the insurance company is good to you so you can get in a new one...i mean what a reason for fraud,, so you can get the exact same truck. I went thru it and it wasnt my daily driver and it sucks. Good luck.

Old 03-21-2018, 11:59 PM
falconetti
Mountain Pass
Received 10 Likes on 1 Post
I had a car catch fire and even though we believe it was vandalism I dont know that it was ever filed as the cause. Anyway, my point, be prepared for lots of questions and investigators. They grilled my *** for 4 weeks and wouldnt let me move the car from my property. Despite my complaints about kids playing around it. I mean I could care less about them after weeks of interigtion I wanted it gone. second and most important my insurance quotes now range from 12k-20k a year for full coverage, 4 cars. I hope this isnt the case for anyone else but I have determined after 2 years of price shopping to the end of the world that the insurance industry will get "pay back" in that claims paid out to you will simply be rolled back into your premiums. Before the claim I paid about 2-3k a year for 4 cars.

Old 03-22-2018, 12:03 AM
blolmaugh
Junior User
Originally Posted by falconetti
I had a car catch fire and even though we believe it was vandalism I dont know that it was ever filed as the cause. Anyway, my point, be prepared for lots of questions and investigators. They grilled my *** for 4 weeks and wouldnt let me move the car from my property. Despite my complaints about kids playing around it. I mean I could care less about them after weeks of interigtion I wanted it gone. second and most important my insurance quotes now range from 12k-20k a year for full coverage, 4 cars. I hope this isnt the case for anyone else but I have determined after 2 years of price shopping to the end of the world that the insurance industry will get "pay back" in that claims paid out to you will simply be rolled back into your premiums. Before the claim I paid about 2-3k a year for 4 cars.
That’s redonkilious. My premiums on three work vehicles went up 800 a year. The fire department questioned us, auto and work insurance both asked questions to me and driver, and then an investigation that was inconclusive on how it started.

Old 03-22-2018, 12:29 AM
falconetti
Mountain Pass
Received 10 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blolmaugh

That’s redonkilious. My premiums on three work vehicles went up 800 a year. The fire department questioned us, auto and work insurance both asked questions to me and driver, and then an investigation that was inconclusive on how it started.

Geico and progressive are my best options, reject all non required lender coverage and set all deducatbles at $2500 and i can get below 10K a year looks like maybe 6-7k I guess Ill live with it till they get paid back.

Sadly my quote before they factor the claim is about 2K per year normal limits and all

Old 03-22-2018, 12:44 AM
OneCylinder
Senior User
Originally Posted by senix
My insurance Co allows me to insure the extra's that are put on the truck. Thereby, hopefully, saving some of that money you dish out on those extras.

For the Op, don't know if it has been mentioned, but your homeowners insurance maybe the best route here. Check you policy.
Homeowners policies usually don't cover personal property intended for on road use. Baisicly if there's a license plate on it, it's not covered. A trailer might be covered on the policy holders property or at the destination but not while it is on a public road. The homeowners policy (and all policies are different) will cover the lightning damaged tree. It should pay to remove the damaged tree, plant a new tree (of equal value) and replace grass.

Old 03-22-2018, 05:49 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,418 Likes on 1,013 Posts
Originally Posted by OneCylinder
Homeowners policies usually don't cover personal property intended for on road use. Baisicly if there's a license plate on it, it's not covered. A trailer might be covered on the policy holders property or at the destination but not while it is on a public road. The homeowners policy (and all policies are different) will cover the lightning damaged tree. It should pay to remove the damaged tree, plant a new tree (of equal value) and replace grass.
Thanks, Was not sure if that would have been an option or not.

Old 03-22-2018, 07:25 AM
David1986
Laughing Gas
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Bill_The_PA

so asking y someone might take a picture of their brand new rig in front of an amazing tree....really. Maybe he took it in case something happened to it. Y do you have your avatar photo in front of those houses? is that your rig? You hiding a crime. If a bulldozer rode over it right after you snapped the photo should we all assume it’s fraud. Come on folks. That’s not an opinion that’s just piling on.

Besides if this was all an elaborate fraud and he decided to post photos of his truck burning that’s his mistake and would be very stupid. You can’t fix stupid but you can sedate it. Mabbey he thought the photos might be helpful.

I think by him taking the photos down it was a smart idea. Now we can skip by all the looky-loos posts. I don’t think anything else that’s positive will come out of this thread.

To the OP just close down this Thread. Out come the fugazzi folks.
My apologies for replying not knowing all the facts.

Hope the OP gets a new truck!

Old 03-22-2018, 08:14 AM
Buliwyf
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by achec
hey if he was lying not saying he is. why would he post online to impress or get sympathy from strangers he will quite possibly never meet?!

hopefully u get back into a truck soon

In todays age, they'll grill him BECAUSE he's an honest person.

"Oh, you're truck got crushed by Godzilla while parked at church? Not covered."
"Because of Godzilla?"
"No, because you go to Church."

Old 03-22-2018, 08:41 AM
wb6anp
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Buliwyf
In todays age, they'll grill him BECAUSE he's an honest person.

"Oh, you're truck got crushed by Godzilla while parked at church? Not covered."
"Because of Godzilla?"
"No, because you go to Church."
I had a branch fall on a truck several years ago while in my works parking lot, my insurance wouldn't pay, as it was on company property, their insurance would't pay as it was an "act of god"

Old 03-22-2018, 09:38 AM
Buliwyf
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yep, and there's nothing to stop them from continuing to do that stuff.

Old 03-22-2018, 01:11 PM
Blwnsmoke
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Larrymac52
it’s been documented I don’t have gap insurance and will incur a loss. Fraud? I’m not very good at it if I am losing money. Smh
Really sorry for the loss. Not trying to knock you.. just curious why you didn't get gap on such a large purchase? I remember it was about $250 for my truck and a requirement through my CU. With his upside down one starts without a big down payment, it is such a minimal cost for your protection.

Hope it all works out for you so you can get in another one.

Quick Reply: Hoping to wake up tomorrow and it was just a dream