October 2017 Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 05:38 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
October 2017 Chat Thread

We made it home yesterday afternoon!!

Friday we went to Epcot for our last day at Disney. It was rainy and not so hot but we were all exhausted by then. You would think that I beat and sent the wife and daughter to work in the salt mines before we went to the parks everyday. It was hot and I was also exhausted by Friday, had bags under my eyes. I never let them know I was tired too. We missed riding a few rides because it was hard getting them moving in the morning. We have a ton of pictures with all kinds of Disney characters.

We left Disney Saturday morning and went to Daytona Beach for the day. It was great to see Daytona again after probibly 20 years. We couldn't drive on the beach because of the high tide. Little man loved the warm water and loved the waves and sand. He really loves being outside and made it clear every time we tried going back to the room. I bought him a bucket and shovel and loved digging in the sand. The wife booked the hotel and it had to be the worst night ever. We had a bunch of loud drunks in the room next to us and we found some cocaine spoons and a drug scale under the bed.

We all had a great time and made some special memories and got some cool souvenirs. I now realized some of the mistakes I made planning. I should have planned a day or two to stay at the Disney resort to rest in between park days. We probably should have went in October on November when it was cooler and no chance of a heat wave. Little man was so good and only really grumpy one day, the day we wanted to get his first hair cut at Disney World and get special mickey ears but it didn't work out. After a 3 hour nap we was back to his normal happy self.

We are now looking forward to the cruise in April as it will be a lot more relaxing.

Old 10-03-2017, 04:12 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ChiefM
We made it home yesterday afternoon!!

Friday we went to Epcot for our last day at Disney. It was rainy and not so hot but we were all exhausted by then. You would think that I beat and sent the wife and daughter to work in the salt mines before we went to the parks everyday. It was hot and I was also exhausted by Friday, had bags under my eyes. I never let them know I was tired too. We missed riding a few rides because it was hard getting them moving in the morning. We have a ton of pictures with all kinds of Disney characters.

We left Disney Saturday morning and went to Daytona Beach for the day. It was great to see Daytona again after probibly 20 years. We couldn't drive on the beach because of the high tide. Little man loved the warm water and loved the waves and sand. He really loves being outside and made it clear every time we tried going back to the room. I bought him a bucket and shovel and loved digging in the sand. The wife booked the hotel and it had to be the worst night ever. We had a bunch of loud drunks in the room next to us and we found some cocaine spoons and a drug scale under the bed.

We all had a great time and made some special memories and got some cool souvenirs. I now realized some of the mistakes I made planning. I should have planned a day or two to stay at the Disney resort to rest in between park days. We probably should have went in October on November when it was cooler and no chance of a heat wave. Little man was so good and only really grumpy one day, the day we wanted to get his first hair cut at Disney World and get special mickey ears but it didn't work out. After a 3 hour nap we was back to his normal happy self.

We are now looking forward to the cruise in April as it will be a lot more relaxing.
glad yall had a great time. I think I would found another room right after I let the cops knoe, even I lost the money for tge room. Make sure you post reviews on Trip Advisor, Yelp, whatever website you wife use to book it.

You will be tired aftet the cruise also

Old 10-03-2017, 11:05 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by hturner12
You will be tired after the cruise also
Good to know that. Can't be as tired as we were, we put pedometers on our phones and it said we walked 42 miles in a week. Plus it was in the middle 90's too. The temps in Georgia are a lot better.

Made top tech again for September and first back to back top tech.

Old 10-03-2017, 11:35 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Good to know that. Can't be as tired as we were, we put pedometers on our phones and it said we walked 42 miles in a week. Plus it was in the middle 90's too. The temps in Georgia are a lot better.

Made top tech again for September and first back to back top tech.-jammin
9 days we will be headed to fl. Have you ever done the drag racing musem?

Old 10-03-2017, 01:04 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I use to live close to there but never visited, we passed it on the way to Disney.

Old 10-03-2017, 01:16 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
I use to live close to there but never visited, we passed it on the way to Disney.
We may go one of the days we stop in Ocala

Old 10-05-2017, 11:04 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
It looks nice from the highway, not sure of the entry price.

Loving the weather at work, not looking forward to the rain on Sunday/ Monday from this incoming front, tropical storm, hurricane, whatever it becomes.

Old 10-05-2017, 11:31 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
It not that expensive. I am watching the storm to see how it affects Cozemel. That our last port

Old 10-05-2017, 08:30 PM
Big_Texxan
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
sup guys.

Huge car show Saturday. My shop is taking 20 cars. Im excited.

Painter and I are good, and rolling on the side work.

Ive been working on a 63 impala since the offrice guy dropped the ball on all my insurance work. So ive decided not to do his job, and let him fall on his face, no harm to me because I can collect a check either way....

Old 10-06-2017, 02:13 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Glad things are going good for you

Old 10-06-2017, 03:31 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Sounds like you are slowly getting rid of the drama at the shop Jacob.
My daughter got her drivers licence yesterday, no more learners.
Now that Disney is over I am looking forward to our cruise in April.

Old 10-06-2017, 03:36 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
I thought she already had it. Week to go to our cruise

Old 10-07-2017, 06:06 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
She had no real reason to get a regular license other than her learners was about to expire. I added oil to my generator last night and I am going to get a special gas can with non ethanol gas and add sta-bil too.

We still have like 5 months till our cruise but I ready to try something new. Hard to believe that we have been home almost a week now.

Old 10-07-2017, 07:02 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
My oldest grandson can get his learners now. Oldest granddaughter Dec. In Tx they have same type training before the get them. My s9n said did not have to put GS on insurance till he haf regular license.

Old 10-07-2017, 03:03 PM
yankbs 66f100
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys, been awhile. Just looked it up, and didn't realize it's been since May that I even had time to check in. Been working 6 day weeks during most of the last five months, and when off, handling family "jobs". Nothing new with the truck, but drive it around when time permits. Glad to see everyone doing well, having trips, or going on trips. Did get to go to Florida for a few days, and got a real surprise. Saw the Blue Angels doing their practice show, can mark that one off of the bucket list.

Hopefully things will get back to normal real soon.

Quick Reply: October 2017 Chat Thread