2015 + Expedition & Navigator 2015 + Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Expy ordered

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 06:24 PM
johnkn
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Agree on the DVD, plus as my DD I'm probably alone 95% of the time I'm driving my Expedition so no need for the DVD system. Curious that Ford broke out the HD tow package as it was included in many of the lower end packages in previous years. One would think it would be a standard item on something like an Expedition, but I'm sure it's a revenue thing. I don't see the Brunello leather interior either. I had always had a tan leather in my previous Expeditions and really grew to like the Brunello. Oh well, time to switch it up. Another thing for me, I always thought the standard length Expedition had better proportions than the EL, however I thought the long Escalade, Tahoe, etc looked better then the standard length. With the 2018's I'm thinking I like the MAX look better. I need to find a pic of the 2 lengths side by side.

Old 08-28-2017, 06:58 PM
dlcorbett
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Max side
Reg length
this is the best i could fine. I agree that the max looks better proportioned than the reg length. The cut rear doors set it off for me, hides the length a bit and the c pillars width fits it. The rear of the reg length looks a scrunched. Looks way better than the gm long utes, as my wife says, they look like hearses lol. Many people say the ford bit the gms looks but i dnt see it much, gms have rectangular tailights, thicker rear spoiler, squared rear end, square wheel wells and blunt boxy front ends. Expys have tiered front ends(navis are boxed i guess), triangular tailights, slanted rear ends with matching c pillars, blacked out d pillars, and circular wheel wells. Outsode the high belt line, no similarities. Tahoe side
Suburban

Old 08-28-2017, 08:06 PM
YoGeorge
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
A woman in our bicycle club has a black Yukon XL. She and her boyfriend were loading their 8' long tandem bike in the back and the sliding tray came in handy. It's her biz vehicle for her family's funeral home...

Any of these big SUV's in long length are so huge for parallel parking or keeping in a garage...no worse than big pickups, but I'm a city dweller and often need to parallel park downtown. I tend to like the short length in all of these SUV's; I may be biased toward the parking size, but remember wanting a shorty '78 Bronco which is the forerunner to the Expy.... In comparison those were REALLY stubby.

Old 08-28-2017, 09:34 PM
johnkn
Tuned
Thanks for the pics! now I need to find pics of Black Platinum standard and MAX models. Again, as my DD and almost always alone, not sure what I would do with the extra size of the MAX. We'll see........

Old 08-29-2017, 07:11 AM
dlcorbett
Tuned
Theres some black platinum pics on the expedition site.

Old 09-02-2017, 03:42 PM
ranger pat
Cargo Master
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
I see from the 2018 ordering guide that the engine has a 10.1:1 compression ratio. That sounds a lot like premium gas to me. I already have a couple vehicles that require premium and would not want my daily driver to require premium gas. Does anyone know if the 2018 Expedition will burn regular gas?

Old 09-02-2017, 08:49 PM
johnkn
Tuned
Regular..... 10.x:1 is not a high compression motor by today's standards.

Old 09-02-2017, 09:43 PM
ranger pat
Cargo Master
Thanks johnkn, I plan to order a 2018 Expedition next Wednesday when my salesman gets back from vacation.

Old 09-08-2017, 05:10 PM
dlcorbett
Tuned
For you johnkn:
https://youtu.be/Ei9qevP5h8U

So glad i got black myself. The black platinum does look better than the limited but my goodness black just makes anything look good.

Old 09-08-2017, 05:37 PM
YoGeorge
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Nice looking truck. I like black when it's clean but I like trucks that look OK when they're dirty The light interior color looks like it will darken over time with dye transfer from jeans, leather jackets, etc. I'll take silver outside with black inside myself.

Demmer is one of big dealers in the Detroit area and is a great shop if that's who you're buying from. Lots of Ford employee customers.

I've been really tempted by a couple leftover '17's with the big rebates myself.

George

Old 09-08-2017, 06:35 PM
FreeWill
Cross-Country
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dlcorbett
For you johnkn:
https://youtu.be/Ei9qevP5h8U

So glad i got black myself. The black platinum does look better than the limited but my goodness black just makes anything look good.
I think the same thing about white.

Old 09-08-2017, 07:51 PM
dlcorbett
Tuned
White and black are gorgeous colors, but they both show dirt so easily

Old 09-08-2017, 08:18 PM
FreeWill
Cross-Country
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definitely. Here in the Lowcountry it's not too bad. But I do run it through the Bath Buggy once a week or so. Just a $5 touch free car wash.

Old 09-09-2017, 01:03 PM
dlcorbett
Tuned
I was asked this in another forum....which model and trim of the expy did you purchase and why...?

Old 09-20-2017, 08:41 AM
ranger pat
Cargo Master
I ordered a Limited 4x4 on 9/11/17 and already have a VIN with a estimated delivery date of 10/13/17. Can hardly wait. The first dealer I went to wanted to talk about allocations and possibly a late January or February delivery date. It pays to shop around sometimes.

Quick Reply: Expy ordered