2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Three *worst* features of the new Super Duty

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 09:19 AM
fordmantpw
Cargo Master
Received 443 Likes on 140 Posts
I was just having the discussion with my wife yesterday about USB ports. Being a Job #2 truck, mine will have 4. There are 5 of us. I will likely have my phone plugged into one for Car Play, and that leaves 3 for the other 4. She was worried about that not being enough, but surely they can swap off and keep their devices charged. Worst case, I've got an adapter that plugs into 12V and gives you 2 USB ports from my old truck that we can use, and that should get us more than we need.

Seriously, if having too few USB ports is one of your biggest complaints, then that's a damn fine truck!

Old 03-09-2017, 09:22 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
This sounds like when a few years ago car reviews used to include the number of cupholders.

Old 03-09-2017, 11:44 AM
Kingofwylietx
Fleet Mechanic
Received 70 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by troverman
USB ports are kind of a petty complaint. But fear not, Job 2 trucks now have 4!

I can only imagine needing a USB port to either play music off a phone or to charge a phone. These trucks seat 5-6. Presumably, not all 5-6 devices need a charge at once?
You've never been on a road trip with my family

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but here we go:
1. Waze kills my iphone battery, so it's plugged in to USB to keep from dying, even if it was fully charged at the start of the trip.
2. My wife plays on her phone and iPad to pass time on trips..another port.
3. Both kids need plugging in depending on how long the trip is and they both have iPads to keep them entertained.

That is 4 ports. I prefer the USB ports because that allows us to just use the cords, but I do keep a couple of 12v cigarette style charge cords on hand.

Right now, for trips, I toss a short 120v houshold extension cord w/multiple outlets in the back so the kids can use their home chargers to keep things working. They have iPad 2's...I suppose I could buy both of them new iPads and they would do the whole trip on a single charge...but I don't want to do that.

While we could rotate the charging around, it is convenient to have enough ports for everyone to handle their needs independently. No matter the situation, I'll always make it work.

Old 03-09-2017, 11:56 AM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Have you used one of these before? Quick way to get multiple charge ports.

Old 03-09-2017, 01:26 PM
Kingofwylietx
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick
No, but thanks for posting it. That looks like a simple solution.

Old 03-09-2017, 02:30 PM
REPO.
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kingofwylietx
No, but thanks for posting it. That looks like a simple solution.

And if that isn't enough, maybe look into one of these. LOL! Jk.....

Attached Images  
Old 03-09-2017, 02:54 PM
livkot
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was certain that usb port device was a photoshop or part of an internet meme until I googled it...

Old 03-09-2017, 06:17 PM
reseehc_99
Tuned
Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Kingofwylietx
You've never been on a road trip with my family

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but here we go:
1. Waze kills my iphone battery, so it's plugged in to USB to keep from dying, even if it was fully charged at the start of the trip.
2. My wife plays on her phone and iPad to pass time on trips..another port.
3. Both kids need plugging in depending on how long the trip is and they both have iPads to keep them entertained.

That is 4 ports. I prefer the USB ports because that allows us to just use the cords, but I do keep a couple of 12v cigarette style charge cords on hand.

Right now, for trips, I toss a short 120v houshold extension cord w/multiple outlets in the back so the kids can use their home chargers to keep things working. They have iPad 2's...I suppose I could buy both of them new iPads and they would do the whole trip on a single charge...but I don't want to do that.

While we could rotate the charging around, it is convenient to have enough ports for everyone to handle their needs independently. No matter the situation, I'll always make it work.

This is truly a first world problem. I remember going on road trips as a kid, there was never a coloring book charger in the back seat. For the record this is sarcasm, I have a 7 year old and a baby on the way. I totally understand where you're coming from.

Old 03-09-2017, 06:24 PM
ATC Crazy
Hotshot
Received 2,774 Likes on 1,342 Posts
That guy sounds like a typical lifetime car owner who is trying to review a truck....

Old 03-09-2017, 07:24 PM
The Ace of Spades
More Turbo
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
I compare these to the following:

-truck too tall = my super model girlfriend has ***** that are just too darn big.

-DEF = I'm tired of seeing my super model girlfriend's panties laying on the floor of my bedroom.

-Not enough USB ports = My Super model girlfriend has a toe that is a 1/2" longer than the other 4 toes on her right foot.

​​​​​​​yeah, those complaints were THAT stupid.

Old 03-09-2017, 07:26 PM
Top_Speed1
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
He's a sales representative, wonder what his boss thinks of his strange negative videos?

Old 03-09-2017, 09:44 PM
17 Oaks
Logistics Pro
Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by bridge
So, when I change the DEF should I use synthetic DEF? Does Mobile1 make a good filter? When changing the filter should I pre-fill the new filter with DEF before screwing it on? Can the old DEF be recycled at my local recycling center?

</sarcasm>
You ALWAYS fill the filter, everyone knows that, yes I know the filter goes in upside down but fill it anyhow.

DEF is 32.5% Urea and the remainder is DeIonized water. Now I only buy that top grade of DEF, which I have to order on line. The top grade is made from Urea that actually comes from Virgins and its primo stuff. How good you say, well I am getting 20 extra lbs of torque at each wheel as a result!

So specify when you go to get it that you want only: Unrefined, cold-squatted-Extra Virgin Urea. The brand I have been using is Golden Showers Plus. Makes that 6.7 run like a teenage boy on a date with Suzy Spreadez.

Old 03-09-2017, 10:05 PM
Kingofwylietx
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by 17 Oaks
You ALWAYS fill the filter, everyone knows that, yes I know the filter goes in upside down but fill it anyhow.

DEF is 32.5% Urea and the remainder is DeIonized water. Now I only buy that top grade of DEF, which I have to order on line. The top grade is made from Urea that actually comes from Virgins and its primo stuff. How good you say, well I am getting 20 extra lbs of torque at each wheel as a result!

So specify when you go to get it that you want only: Unrefined, cold-squatted-Extra Virgin Urea. The brand I have been using is Golden Showers Plus. Makes that 6.7 run like a teenage boy on a date with Suzy Spreadez.
Forget that high-end DEF.

I'm installing an adjustable powerband, so I'll ace the Ike! Get it here: Adjustable Powerband - $95.99 : KaleCoAuto.com, Your home for the rare, unusual, and hard to find auto parts.

Next, some cross-drilled brakelines, to really put excitement in my stopping power....Cross Drilled Brake Lines - $72.95 : KaleCoAuto.com, Your home for the rare, unusual, and hard to find auto parts.

Once I've got the going and stopping fixed, I'm putting this lowering kit on the back to get rid of the rake...Lowering Kit - $19.95 : KaleCoAuto.com, Your home for the rare, unusual, and hard to find auto parts.

I'll be styling!

Old 03-10-2017, 01:35 PM
redford
Received 1,582 Likes on 922 Posts
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick

How dare you bring common sense into this discussion!

Old 03-10-2017, 01:48 PM
cecilt
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by redford
How dare you bring common sense into this discussion!

No kidding. I can't comprehend that folks complain about USB ports when all they need is a plug in for the 12v with 2-4 USB ports on it. Or is that not cool enough or doesn't give the truck bragging rights to have only 2 USB ports

With a 110 front and rear as well how many power supplies do you really need.

Quick Reply: Three *worst* features of the new Super Duty