2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2017-2019 Super Duty FORScan Spreadsheet

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 07:02 PM
RenoHuskerDu
Cargo Master
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by 99FordGuy
I'm sure it's in the spreadsheet somewhere. It works great.
I searched all three tabs of the googledoc spreadsheet for the string "regen*" and got naught. Maybe it's back up in this thread. I'll search it. I think I'll also start The Regen Thread because the info is buried deep in this one.

Update: It seems that the standard search string wild card "*" doesn't work in our search screens. Not having found the help page for our search screens to be sure, but it is what it is, as we say in Texas. So that's why I didn't find other threads on regen earlier today. Now I see 490 threads that have the string regen in them. Maybe I won't start the 491st regen thread, after all....

The wildcard does however work as usual in goolagdocs, and there is no discussion in the spreadsheet of how to manually regen. Whew.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:10 PM
RenoHuskerDu
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by ExtremeDuty
Here's a boatload of this thread addressing this. Hope it isn't overload but it's all in there. Page 3 migtht be the best source but it's easier to read my cribs than cruise the entire 297 pages like I did.
Hope it helps
P.S. I notice on page 3 that one of the contributors said Auto Regen is at 99%. Again evidence that maybe the 500 mile parameter is not valid.
I ran for about 45 minutes today at 95%, thinking it would kick into regen any moment. No luck. Home again, stuck at 95.
But...How can it regen at 99% if, as previously stated here, it only has 5% granularity??

Old 01-10-2019, 07:48 PM
99FordGuy
Mountain Pass
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RenoHuskerDu
I searched all three tabs of the googledoc spreadsheet for the string "regen*" and got naught. Maybe it's back up in this thread. I'll search it. I think I'll also start The Regen Thread because the info is buried deep in this one.

Update: It seems that the standard search string wild card "*" doesn't work in our search screens. Not having found the help page for our search screens to be sure, but it is what it is, as we say in Texas. So that's why I didn't find other threads on regen earlier today. Now I see 490 threads that have the string regen in them. Maybe I won't start the 491st regen thread, after all....

The wildcard does however work as usual in goolagdocs, and there is no discussion in the spreadsheet of how to manually regen. Whew.

The two things you need to change are on line 61 and line 92 of the spreadsheet. These will give you the dpf screen and auto regen on/off option in your settings menu.

Old 01-10-2019, 08:22 PM
RenoHuskerDu
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by 99FordGuy
The two things you need to change are on line 61 and line 92 of the spreadsheet. These will give you the dpf screen and auto regen on/off option in your settings menu.
Yep, did those last night, it's why I have the DPF screen I posted in the pic above. It is very hard navigating such a long thread to see what folks said a few dozen posts back. Let alone 400 posts back. I should sit down and read this thread top to bottom some day.

Old 01-10-2019, 09:05 PM
ExtremeDuty
Senior User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep, did those last night, it's why I have the DPF screen I posted in the pic above. It is very hard navigating such a long thread to see what folks said a few dozen posts back. Let alone 400 posts back. I should sit down and read this thread top to bottom some day.
Did you happen to open the .doc attachment in my previous post? It's all in there.

Old 01-10-2019, 09:06 PM
Uzumati
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I ran for about 45 minutes today at 95%, thinking it would kick into regen any moment. No luck. Home again, stuck at 95.
But...How can it regen at 99% if, as previously stated here, it only has 5% granularity??

It goes 0-5-10-15........85-90-95-99 regen 95-90-85..........15-10-5-0

Old 01-10-2019, 09:11 PM
ExtremeDuty
Senior User

"It goes 0-5-10-15........85-90-95-99 regen 95-90-85..........15-10-5-0"

Thanks Uz. Me and Reno are loving the reassurance. And waiting with baited breath for the big moment... LOL.

Old 01-10-2019, 10:28 PM
ExtremeDuty
Senior User

In a nutshell from this thread:

Don't bother with the as built on this one. Just go into the IPC module (not as built) and there is a plain English option to enable the auto regen checkbox. (Make sure it is back to the stock hex value in as built first.) Then go into the PCM and select option 3 in the manual regen plain English option as shown on page 249. Again in the PCM, not as built with a hex change but rather a simple menu option.

There are two changes necessary to make the auto regen check box work. The first is in the IPC. Once you turn on the check box in the IPC it will appear but you can't uncheck it yet. The second you do is in the PCM. There is where you select option 3 in the manual regen pop up menu. Once you've written both changes the check box will appear and will be functional.

Manual Regen is initiated via Option 2 only and can only be performed when stationary.

Old 01-10-2019, 10:58 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,693 Likes on 2,750 Posts
If you watch really, really carefully the DPF % may hit 100% but the amount of time it spends at that number is so small that it's easy to miss. Yes, it will spend an unusual amount of time at 99%.

What ExtremeDuty said above is also my understanding. Don't make hex changes to disable the auto regen. Do it in the other module.

Old 01-11-2019, 07:47 AM
Maiden666
Airbus driver
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
When you take everything back to As Built, is it done by each module or is there a global command?

Old 01-11-2019, 01:40 PM
icoburn
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Removing heated steering wheel

I am getting ready to install a custom steering wheel and had to remove the hearing element in the factory wheel. How would I remove the heated steering wheel in Forscan? Thanks.

Old 01-11-2019, 02:44 PM
ExtremeDuty
Senior User

Originally Posted by Maiden666
When you take everything back to As Built, is it done by each module or is there a global command?
Since no one else is chiming in: I'm pretty sure it's one module at a time.
When you open the original/unmodified as-built for a module, select Write All at the bottom of the page. You should see it write and probably ask you to cycle the ignition.
I've saved both original and modified versions on both my laptop and a usb drive.

Old 01-11-2019, 05:19 PM
bryanpwatson
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a quick question for you all, I recently just made some changes to the truck:

NAV mod
Disable horn honk
Heated & Cooled seat on screen
Percentages on gaues
Disable seatbelt chime

I have one issue, since then my rear window wont work anymore... I don't think I did anything wrong but was maybe seeing if anything I did may have caused this to stop working. Truck is less than 2 months old and was working prior. Any help is much appreciated!

Old 01-11-2019, 06:00 PM
RenoHuskerDu
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by ExtremeDuty
Did you happen to open the .doc attachment in my previous post? It's all in there.
Doh. I feel like Mr Potato Head. I completely Pelosi'd it. I'll give it a gander now.

OK, I read it thru. Now I understand how to use the active regen button. Uncheck it to avoid the 500 mile regens Ford does. I just may do that. An active regen today on my truck only took about 12 minutes from 100% down to 35%. Why let Ford do it every 500 miles unless the filter is full? Lots-0-fuel wasted.

Doing a manual regen in the driveway costs 2-4 gallons of fuel, according to those reports.
Tell you what ... I am thinking seriously about doing a full delete on this truck to get around all this DPF malarkey.
That DPF is a big as a freight train and probably weighs 200 lbs.

Old 01-11-2019, 06:03 PM
RenoHuskerDu
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by bryanpwatson
SNIP
I have one issue, since then my rear window wont work anymore... I don't think I did anything wrong but was maybe seeing if anything I did may have caused this to stop working. Truck is less than 2 months old and was working prior. Any help is much appreciated!
Just to clarify, do you mean the power sliding window, or the defroster? There is a recall on the rear defroster not working. FYI

Quick Reply: 2017-2019 Super Duty FORScan Spreadsheet