2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2017-2019 Super Duty FORScan Spreadsheet

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 07:33 PM
AK_SuperDuty
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AllGoNShow
Not sure on Halogen but for the LED's and in the aftermarket the switch back kills the white light (fog for us) for the turn signal amber, then 'switchback' the fogs back on when signal is done.

Function, video after with the Chev is a little better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osJ_3ekkp2k
I'm curious on the LED super duty's...what exactly flashes on the front when the blinker is on (I'm at work away from my truck for another week and can't go look) and what happens with the fog lights when the blinker is on, without the mod being done and with the mod being done?

Old 12-27-2016, 07:52 PM
Xwild
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Loving the 4.30 in the 250... Came from a 2010 250 with the 5.4L w/ 3.73. Pulling my snowmobile trailer earned me 8mpg. I pulled it today (with only 150 miles on the odometer) and got 9.5mpg. I think it's a combo of the bigger motor, 4.3 rear, and the larger range of gears for it to choose from. And I've got the torqshift-g tranny.. and damn is it smooth.

Old 12-27-2016, 09:19 PM
klassic
Tuned
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Confirmed the Secure Idle.. that's a great feature for after deleting the double horn honk.
Confirmed Fog Lights Switchback. Sort of cool but I don't know if I'll keep it.
Confirmed Heated/Cooled Seat Icons.. except the listed values didn't work for my Platinum as listed. I had to use "2" to get heated/cooled/steering wheel icons on the screen.

*edit* after the truck being off for a while I went back out and lost the heated wheel but kept the heated/cooled seats. Perhaps the listed values are correct, I went back to the factory value (4) because the screen would default to the home screen everytime it is restarted instead of staying on the screen it was on when shut down.

Old 12-27-2016, 09:49 PM
jRedondox
Cross-Country
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by AK_SuperDuty
I'm curious on the LED super duty's...what exactly flashes on the front when the blinker is on (I'm at work away from my truck for another week and can't go look) and what happens with the fog lights when the blinker is on, without the mod being done and with the mod being done?

can someone post a video with this mod done? I am curious what it does.

Old 12-27-2016, 10:11 PM
dadz34
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Heat/AC icons on the Home Screen worth it? The buttons are just below on mine. Im trying to see the value in this mod. I'm almost never on the Home Screen so I would have to press Home, then select the Heat/AC which is 2x the effort than turning them on below. What am I missing? A picture might be worth a lot of explanation...thanks in advance.

Old 12-27-2016, 10:15 PM
klassic
Tuned
Originally Posted by dadz34
Heat/AC icons on the Home Screen worth it? The buttons are just below on mine. Im trying to see the value in this mod. I'm almost never on the Home Screen so I would have to press Home, then select the Heat/AC which is 2x the effort than turning them on below. What am I missing? A picture might be worth a lot of explanation...thanks in advance.
You are correct.
It's just for fun I guess. It will default to home screen everytime the truck is turned back on.

Old 12-27-2016, 10:18 PM
BigJoeT
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dadz34
on my 15 F150 with the previous gen sync system, the climate screen had empty portions where those buttons were supposed to be, so the screen looked incomplete. From what I read they removed them at some point during the production process. I added them just to make that screen look complete. with the new sync system i dont notice the same issue so probably just your preference whether or not to add them.

Old 12-27-2016, 10:18 PM
klassic
Tuned
Originally Posted by jrdejavux
can someone post a video with this mod done? I am curious what it does.
When you turn on the blinker, the fog light on that side turns off. When the blinker stops the fog light comes back on.

Old 12-28-2016, 01:01 AM
AllGoNShow
Junior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AK_SuperDuty
Blinker itself does not change, only the fog light goes out on the side the blinker is flashing on, to draw more attention to the amber flashing the overwhelming blue LED head/fog lights.

Picture below might help a little, sorry only own a potato-camera. Also a picture of the dash, I am usually on the home screen as it lets me watch everything when I'm on the road.

Attached Images   
Old 12-28-2016, 01:42 AM
AllGoNShow
Junior User
This is from the F150 forum as an add-on to the HB & Fog at the same time
BCM Module:
726-27-01 xxxx xxx0 xxxx - High beams and fogs work *
726-27-01 xxxx x1xx xxxx - High beams and fogs work **
726-27-01 xxxx xxx0 x1xx - High beams and fogs work ***

The following explanations are with switch left in Auto position:
* fogs' on/off status is remembered from previous time with key off/on
** neither hb nor fogs' on/off status from previous time remembered with key off/on
*** both hb & fogs' on/off status remembered from previous time with key off/on
I tried the last option which is "***" and it worked for me, key off/doors open&closed/restart truck kept highs and fogs on if on last.

Old 12-28-2016, 08:08 AM
Tx Hunter
5th Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok, got rid of the double horn honk. Even if I don't change anything else, it was worth it just to fix that!

I'm also interested in the mirror auto fold and reverse mirror tilt-down. I tried those from the F-150 spreadsheet, couldn't get it to work. Anyone have any luck figuring those out?

Even if I can't get the auto fold to work, I'd settle for being able to fold and unfold the mirrors without having accessory power on (like my 2011). I don't always remember to fold (or realize that I need to) until I have turned the truck off.

Old 12-28-2016, 09:14 AM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
This is from the F150 forum as an add-on to the HB & Fog at the same time

I tried the last option which is "***" and it worked for me, key off/doors open&closed/restart truck kept highs and fogs on if on last.
Added the options to restore high beams and/or fog lights as two new features on the spreadsheet.

Old 12-28-2016, 02:07 PM
klassic
Tuned
Now that I went back to factory value for the heated/cooled seat on the screen, I get just the icon to say that the seat is on (heat or cool)up in the left top beside the heated wheel icon and top right for the passenger.
Icon doesn't control the seat heat level.
Screen doesn't default to "home" anymore on restart.
I am almost positive the icons weren't there before I changed the values, or am I crazy.

Its nice to see if it's on or off by glancing at the screen.

Old 12-28-2016, 02:22 PM
AllGoNShow
Junior User
My default and modified value both show the seat is on in the top left or top right, but you need to be on the home screen or climate screen to actually make the adjustment to heat level.

Old 12-28-2016, 02:39 PM
klassic
Tuned
My default and modified value both show the seat is on in the top left or top right, but you need to be on the home screen or climate screen to actually make the adjustment to heat level.
I don't know how I missed those icons before I modified the values. First time I saw them was after the first change I did.

Oh well. Disregard my findings.

Quick Reply: 2017-2019 Super Duty FORScan Spreadsheet