2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2017-2019 Super Duty FORScan Spreadsheet

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 02:27 PM
briangp
Tuned
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
If theres one mod you should ever do in Forscan, its the one to disable the sync 3 DSP.

Why did they ever turn that junk on? It sounds soo much better without it, and I'm subtly impressed how clean the bass is! I played some C-Rap the other day just to hear what it could do and the stuff in my center console was rattling. Far from what I want, but 3 times better than what it was!

Old 05-03-2018, 02:28 PM
briangp
Tuned
Originally Posted by heritagesb

i have not yet gotten it working. It works for a while then when it has to apply the brakes the adaptive cruise gets disabled until the 2 referenced DTCs are cleared manually or the truck is restarted. I think I’m close. I just ordered the cover for the cruise sensor, which was missing from the super duty ACC parts list. Maybe it has some other function too(dispersing signal??).

The f150 forum has some detailed directions. I looked at those and other sites to adapt to super duty. Once you have the bumper off the install is easy to figure out.
I am silently excited to see you finish this mod. Sounds like it's not communicating correctly with the ABS module.

Old 05-03-2018, 02:42 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,198 Likes on 573 Posts
Originally Posted by briangp
If theres one mod you should ever do in Forscan, its the one to disable the sync 3 DSP.

Why did they ever turn that junk on? It sounds soo much better without it, and I'm subtly impressed how clean the bass is! I played some C-Rap the other day just to hear what it could do and the stuff in my center console was rattling. Far from what I want, but 3 times better than what it was!
Brian, I've seen it posted where you could change the amp output from speaker level to line level but must have missed the DSP disable. How is that accomplished?

Old 05-03-2018, 02:50 PM
briangp
Tuned
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Brian, I've seen it posted where you could change the amp output from speaker level to line level but must have missed the DSP disable. How is that accomplished?
That's what I'm referring to. I use DSP as an all encompassing term, technically that's what it is though. Clipping the outputs for bass at higher levels. I really don't understand why they did it though, these speakers seem to handle everything very well!

Old 05-03-2018, 08:58 PM
marobrown
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That's what I'm referring to. I use DSP as an all encompassing term, technically that's what it is though. Clipping the outputs for bass at higher levels. I really don't understand why they did it though, these speakers seem to handle everything very well!
i had missed this earlier post and went back to find Tricon’s post on page 214 but am not completely understanding. Is this mod for an aftermarket sup or a completely stock Sony system with sub?

Old 05-03-2018, 11:28 PM
briangp
Tuned
Originally Posted by marobrown

i had missed this earlier post and went back to find Tricon’s post on page 214 but am not completely understanding. Is this mod for an aftermarket sup or a completely stock Sony system with sub?
It gets rid of the clipping that would normally prevent distortion, but it also gives you full range line out so that you can install a stereo later on....

Old 05-04-2018, 08:37 PM
brandontolentino
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It gets rid of the clipping that would normally prevent distortion, but it also gives you full range line out so that you can install a stereo later on....
Does this work with the 7 speaker non-sony system?

Old 05-05-2018, 06:58 AM
mooch91
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Curious about this as well... I always thought that disabling the DSP offered no benefit unless you were installing an aftermarket system. In fact, other than eliminating the clipping, I thought it would mess up some of the other settings like time alignment in the Sony system.

Are you saying it benefits the Sony system without any upgrades?

DO the built-in EQ controls (bass, mid, treble) still function with the DSP disabled on an OEM system?

Old 05-05-2018, 08:57 AM
briangp
Tuned
If I remember reading correctly it's already disabled on the Sony amp. So many questions I cant really answer. Just do it and see for yourself! It probably won't be everyone's cup of tea....but if you like pop or newer music it sounds really good. There's less bass at low volumes and more bass at higher volumes, the volume is linear.

The only thing I don't like is it sounds like crap on rock/hard rock but I thought it was pretty bad even without the forscan mod.

Overall the mod gives me a little more bass, but it also exposes the limits of the system. I can't stand where the cutoffs are between the tweeters and the door speakers.

Time alignment and EQ still work for me.

Old 05-06-2018, 12:56 AM
Faceplant409
Elder User
I made the usual changes on my 18 tonight but could not change anything in IPC module...
Wanted to change Temps over gauges (726-41-02) and Door chime (720-01-02) but it said "service interrupted.. " with several attempts each.
Did the IPC module change for 18?

Old 05-06-2018, 06:35 AM
System
Prolocutor
What version of the software are you using? The previous version needed a patch to work with the 2018's. Also, what adapter are you using? Some of the cheaper ones can't write to the IPC.

Old 05-06-2018, 07:21 AM
briangp
Tuned
Originally Posted by Faceplant409
I made the usual changes on my 18 tonight but could not change anything in IPC module...
Wanted to change Temps over gauges (726-41-02) and Door chime (720-01-02) but it said "service interrupted.. " with several attempts each.
Restart your laptop, I had those issues towards the end of a long forscan session. A good old fashioned hard reset of everything worked.

Old 05-06-2018, 08:47 AM
Faceplant409
Elder User
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
What version of the software are you using? The previous version needed a patch to work with the 2018's. Also, what adapter are you using? Some of the cheaper ones can't write to the IPC.

Im using the OBDLink MX which I believe is one of the suggested ones. For the 1-2 times a year I’ll use it I shoulda bought a cord...

Come to to think of it the laptop recently updated so I’ll bet Link and forscan need updating...
Ill try a restart first.
Thanks fellas.

Old 05-06-2018, 08:52 AM
System
Prolocutor
Yep, I would start with the latest version of Forscan. The adapter you have is the most stable one so no worries there...

Old 05-06-2018, 12:39 PM
Barbero
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Faceplant409
My 2018 updated just fine, but the module you list isn't the one I used. For Temps over Gauges, I used: Show Temps on Gauges IPC720-07-01 xxxx xEA xxxx. I changed the EA to A5.

Also, after spending what seemed like an hour backing everything up first, then making my changes, I did notice my truck's battery voltage dropped to the point it wouldn't allow me to make any more changes (got error messages). Attaching my trickle charger before performing all these updates would have prevented this error...

Separate issue, I'm still unable to figure out how to keep the 12V power points, front and rear, always on...

Quick Reply: 2017-2019 Super Duty FORScan Spreadsheet