2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

2017-2019 Super Duty FORScan Spreadsheet

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 12:58 PM
jdkluck
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to the F150 community and definitely for sure new to the whole Forscan application and usage.
I was just wondering is there anything special you need to change and do for this to work on a 2018 F150 3.5L ecoboost or not really?
Did not know if codes or parameters or datasets are different based on the vehicle, etc or if it is just get the OBDII dongle, register on the forum, and download software get ID, etc and then you are good to go. Or if there was more to it than just that.

Thanks

Old 03-08-2018, 01:54 PM
Poncho450
Lead Driver
Received 948 Likes on 583 Posts
Originally Posted by jdkluck
New to the F150 community and definitely for sure new to the whole Forscan application and usage.
I was just wondering is there anything special you need to change and do for this to work on a 2018 F150 3.5L ecoboost or not really?
Did not know if codes or parameters or datasets are different based on the vehicle, etc or if it is just get the OBDII dongle, register on the forum, and download software get ID, etc and then you are good to go. Or if there was more to it than just that.

Thanks
You can probably find some answers here, but I think you've inadvertently posted on the F250 forum.

Old 03-08-2018, 02:32 PM
jdkluck
New User
Originally Posted by Poncho450
You can probably find some answers here, but I think you've inadvertently posted on the F250 forum.
Ah yeah you are correct, I didn't realize this was in the 250 forum honestly thought it was in general discussion forum. Totally botched that one up.

Old 03-08-2018, 02:42 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,199 Likes on 573 Posts
Ah yeah you are correct, I didn't realize this was in the 250 forum honestly thought it was in general discussion forum. Totally botched that one up.
Everything you ever wanted to know about Forscan and an F150.

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/forsc...-truck-348987/

and

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...gF1wxIqxY/edit

Old 03-08-2018, 03:20 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,718 Likes on 2,755 Posts
It's OK. Subconsciously you probably want to be driving a Superduty anyhow.

Old 03-08-2018, 04:26 PM
cficare
Cargo Master
Received 330 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by PSM 6.4
Not possible, its a on/off switch.
Above 5 psi oil pressure (gauge in the normal range)
Below 5 psi oil pressure (Gauge at bottom)
Yes, that has already been established. I guess my statement was not abundantly clear to some, so please allow me to rephrase; Knowing it is an on/off switch, I still prefer it operated like a real pressure gauge. You know, where the needle fluctuates up and down (or back and forth) as the pressure changes ... I'd rather have that. Even a digital display of the oil pressure in pounds per square inch would suffice. The existing on/off gauge is sort of misleading ... and besides, 5 PSI ain't much.

Old 03-08-2018, 05:15 PM
Bugbitten
New User
Went well, but....

Backed up modules and made changes. Everything but the double honk worked.

But I didn't notice for a few days that my Sirius Travel Links no longer work. I get "Not available": on subscription info screen.

Oh and now I get an announcement every time I start the truck that I have chosen English.

Any Ideas about these things. I tried Sirius but they were no help.

TIA

Old 03-08-2018, 06:19 PM
wildcard30
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Bugbitten

But I didn't notice for a few days that my Sirius Travel Links no longer work. I get "Not available": on subscription info screen.

Oh and now I get an announcement every time I start the truck that I have chosen English.

TIA
Did you write down what you changed? If nothing else reload your backups and see if it solves your issues.

Old 03-08-2018, 10:46 PM
jdkluck
New User
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Thanks a bunch, that helped a bunch.

Originally Posted by HRTKD
It's OK. Subconsciously you probably want to be driving a Superduty anyhow.
To funny that made me laugh, nice.

Old 03-09-2018, 09:36 AM
Garnie
New User
Originally Posted by cficare
Yes, that has already been established. I guess my statement was not abundantly clear to some, so please allow me to rephrase; Knowing it is an on/off switch, I still prefer it operated like a real pressure gauge. You know, where the needle fluctuates up and down (or back and forth) as the pressure changes ... I'd rather have that. Even a digital display of the oil pressure in pounds per square inch would suffice. The existing on/off gauge is sort of misleading ... and besides, 5 PSI ain't much.
It's been awhile since I ran the FORScan Lite app on my phone, but I seem to remember having an actual oil pressure gauge as one of the many gauges on the screen once. The trucks dash gauge is basically in either of two positions but the phone app gives actual pressure which means there is a proper pressure sender. Ford may be taking anything over a certain reading to be good and displaying a centered needle, and anything under that same certain level as being zero pressure and showing that on the gauge as a low-sitting needle. If you already have an ODB adapter, then install the FORScan DEMO app from your particular app store FIRST to see if it works with your phone, and then buy the Lite app. Good luck.

Old 03-09-2018, 10:09 AM
NorEasterMA
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

TIA
Did you enable the "read texts/enable nav typing while driving" change in your APIM? If so this is likely to have caused those issues. Do you notice a different shape speed limit icon in the Nav screen? Are your radio station frequencies showing multiple decimal places? Basically it changes your APIM to the U.K. settings

Old 03-09-2018, 10:48 AM
Bugbitten
New User
Originally Posted by NorEasterMA
Did you enable the "read texts/enable nav typing while driving" change in your APIM? If so this is likely to have caused those issues. Do you notice a different shape speed limit icon in the Nav screen? Are your radio station frequencies showing multiple decimal places? Basically it changes your APIM to the U.K. settings
Yes and that is exactly what happened! Changed back and everything works. But I would like to have nav unlocked so passenger can use it.

Old 03-09-2018, 04:30 PM
NorEasterMA
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Yes and that is exactly what happened! Changed back and everything works. But I would like to have nav unlocked so passenger can use it.
Nice! Yeah, see I would too but the other headaches are SO not worth it to me...besides Factory Nav is garbage, I use Waze now and will continue to use it when it's integrated in Sync3

Old 03-09-2018, 07:25 PM
cficare
Cargo Master
Received 330 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally Posted by NorEasterMA
Nice! Yeah, see I would too but the other headaches are SO not worth it to me...besides Factory Nav is garbage, I use Waze now and will continue to use it when it's integrated in Sync3
Because of the issues noted, I plan to leave my nav-system alone until such time someone identifies suitable (read that as trouble-free) codes. Please excuse me if I'm touching on plowed ground, but what is so wrong or difficult with using the voice-activated navigation?

Old 03-10-2018, 11:35 AM
Jersey Sierra
New User
Originally Posted by pickerdd
Just in case no one has posted this info, you can use a mac laptop to edit with ForScan. You will need to use Parallels or VM Ware to run a copy of Windows within the virtual machine window and you will need to tell Windows to use Bluetooth on the mac laptop. I use a MacBook pro with the latest High Sierra OS and Parallels running Windows 10. Forscan works great in this setup.
I can't get this same setup to work. The OBDLink MX BT shows up on my mac and connects but disconnects in 2-3 seconds. Won't reconnect unless I delete the device. Running Parallels 12. Any suggestions?

Quick Reply: 2017-2019 Super Duty FORScan Spreadsheet