6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

NEW VIBRATION OR HOPPING TSB

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 07:36 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Big-Foot
Mine starts at ~41-42 mph and is generally gone by 45-46 mph..
I just got a call that the parts are in and I made an appointment for next Monday to get it installed..
Keeping my fingers crossed!
Update ---
I had the part installed and it helped, but does not totally resolve the shaking at 42 mph. I would say that it reduced it by 50%.

One thing I am not happy about is that the device fouls my APM Research BedStep and the step does not totally retract anymore. Looks like crud, but will have to put up with it for now..

Old 10-04-2016, 07:40 PM
bigredtruckmi
Lead Driver
Received 218 Likes on 50 Posts
Can the step be placed on the right side?

Old 10-04-2016, 08:08 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Was a good question..
The bracket that bolts to the frame is a forged aluminum bracket that is biased to fit only on the left side.

Old 10-04-2016, 09:24 PM
goatram
Mountain Pass

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mine was installed today and it does help. I have not taken it out to where the concrete panels on I-5's roadway get my truck to start bouncing bad. It felt smoother. I do have the Bilstien Shocks on my truck as well as a set of 3 leaf overloads that don't make contact till I put anouther 500lbs in the back.

For Zero out of pocket I will take it.

Old 10-05-2016, 01:04 AM
94ruck
Mountain Pass
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Mine was so bad with the stock wheels that my wife thought we had something wrong with the truck. 45-48, 55ish and 65-70 on certain sections of road are bad. My dealer called this morning and will install my dampener on Thursday. I know this is a long heavy truck and 50% better would make me happy. I haven't done the shocks although i have been threatening to for 2 years. if this improves the ride 50%, then I am ordering Bilstiens to help with the bad 50%,lol.

Old 10-05-2016, 02:08 AM
goatram
Mountain Pass

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just Do it. They help.

Old 10-05-2016, 07:03 AM
69cj
Hotshot
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by goatram
Just Do it. They help.
Apparently they are truck biased. Didn't do one bit of good on my 2015.

Old 10-05-2016, 06:25 PM
bigredtruckmi
Lead Driver
Received 218 Likes on 50 Posts
From what has been posted. I would assume the DRW is more prone to the bounce. Ours on our last trip. Wife couldn't read her book and it shook the dogs badly.

Old 10-06-2016, 11:17 AM
94ruck
Mountain Pass
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
well, mine is installed and I don't feel any real improvement. Guess I am next on the Bilstien list. I love this truck and do realize it is a big truck made for pulling BUT I have been driving super duty trucks for 20 years, 2 ccsb, 1 extended cab short bed and 1 extended cab long bed before this and none of them were this rough on the body by a long way. I will say the dealer was obliging and took care of business in no time and I appreciate them. My truck is a single rear wheel....

Old 10-06-2016, 05:31 PM
69cj
Hotshot
Originally Posted by 94ruck
well, mine is installed and I don't feel any real improvement. Guess I am next on the Bilstien list. I love this truck and do realize it is a big truck made for pulling BUT I have been driving super duty trucks for 20 years, 2 ccsb, 1 extended cab short bed and 1 extended cab long bed before this and none of them were this rough on the body by a long way. I will say the dealer was obliging and took care of business in no time and I appreciate them. My truck is a single rear wheel....
My 2005 F-250 long bed did the exact same thing.

Old 10-11-2016, 10:33 AM
Wrighton
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too have the 42-45 mph wheel hop. its more pronounced with rear tires inflated to 80 psi. When I'm not towing my 5th Wheel I air down to 65 from 80 and this lessens the bounce a little. I have changed shocks to the Bilstien 5100, tires balanced and re-balanced with no results. I've had this issue since I drove the truck off the lot new.

I went to the dealer yesterday and asked if the TSB was covered under my extended bumper to bumper warranty and I was told no it wasn't. I politely asked her why Ford knows of the problem, has a fix, and some dealers are honoring warranty, and you are telling me it's not covered. I got the sorry sir, we can order the part for you and you can set up an appointment for the install. Oh, just to have the service advisor drive the truck to confirm the Wheel Hop it will cost $90.00.

Any suggestions from a Forum Ford Service Rep would be appreciated. I have 41,000 miles on my 2012 F350 CC Long Box. Purchased 8 year 100,000 ESP last year.

Old 10-11-2016, 11:02 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
If you brought it into the dealer while it was under the bumper to bumper warranty and told them about the hopping issue, it would be in your Oasis Report and I would think that Ford would be somewhat obligated to cover it. That's why I had this logged for my truck immediately and when the TSB came out it was covered.. Note - my dealer said he would have covered it in or out of warranty, but dealers can differ in policy as well...

Old 10-11-2016, 11:38 AM
69cj
Hotshot
Try another dealer. They are not all created the same.

Old 10-11-2016, 12:32 PM
Wrighton
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Big-Foot
If you brought it into the dealer while it was under the bumper to bumper warranty and told them about the hopping issue, it would be in your Oasis Report and I would think that Ford would be somewhat obligated to cover it. That's why I had this logged for my truck immediately and when the TSB came out it was covered.. Note - my dealer said he would have covered it in or out of warranty, but dealers can differ in policy as well...
I didn't take it to the dealer while it was under the 3/36 bumper to bumper because I thought it was a tire balancing and shock issue. I have extended warranty purchased before the 3/36 expired. I'll try another dealer. Thanks for the feedback.

Old 10-12-2016, 03:23 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bigredtruckmi
Local dealer is doing the TSB listed next week. Parts are on backorder.
Originally Posted by bigredtruckmi
From what has been posted. I would assume the DRW is more prone to the bounce. Ours on our last trip. Wife couldn't read her book and it shook the dogs badly.
Did your dealer get the parts in yet, Dave? If not, let me know your mileage, and I’ll check into available options.

Originally Posted by Wrighton
I too have the 42-45 mph wheel hop. its more pronounced with rear tires inflated to 80 psi. When I'm not towing my 5th Wheel I air down to 65 from 80 and this lessens the bounce a little. I have changed shocks to the Bilstien 5100, tires balanced and re-balanced with no results. I've had this issue since I drove the truck off the lot new.

I went to the dealer yesterday and asked if the TSB was covered under my extended bumper to bumper warranty and I was told no it wasn't. I politely asked her why Ford knows of the problem, has a fix, and some dealers are honoring warranty, and you are telling me it's not covered. I got the sorry sir, we can order the part for you and you can set up an appointment for the install. Oh, just to have the service advisor drive the truck to confirm the Wheel Hop it will cost $90.00.

Any suggestions from a Forum Ford Service Rep would be appreciated. I have 41,000 miles on my 2012 F350 CC Long Box. Purchased 8 year 100,000 ESP last year.
Hey Wrighton,

I’ll look into this. Please send me a PM with your name, phone number, VIN, and which dealer you’re headed to.

Also, for ESP coverage questions, you can reach out to Ford Protect Prior Approval at 800-321-7790 (option 1).

Rachel

Quick Reply: NEW VIBRATION OR HOPPING TSB