6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Probably 1 Page - July 2017 G2G

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 08:28 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,095 Likes on 1,628 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Not until the 3rd week in August I think Roy...
Darn......We are going before the G2G.

Old 05-24-2017, 08:14 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Doug won't be denied two years straight...
And if all goes according to plan, we won't be staying in a cabin or hotel room this time either! Our accommodations won't be a nice as some others' here, but will certainly be better than a cabin or hotel room. We are looking forward to having the RV in our yard soon and begin the restoration and repair process to have it completed in time for Mammoth.

Old 05-24-2017, 09:50 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee
And if all goes according to plan, we won't be staying in a cabin or hotel room this time either! Our accommodations won't be a nice as some others' here, but will certainly be better than a cabin or hotel room. We are looking forward to having the RV in our yard soon and begin the restoration and repair process to have it completed in time for Mammoth.
That will be nice for You and Jodi and Doggies.........

Old 05-24-2017, 10:11 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
That will be nice for You and Jodi and Doggies.........
Not sure at this point that Evander and Monkei will come, but Jodi and I will for certain!

Old 05-24-2017, 10:24 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee
Not sure at this point that Evander and Monkei will come, but Jodi and I will for certain!
Ya can't leave the babies behind.........

Old 05-24-2017, 10:25 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
Ya can't leave the babies behind.........
Not certain they wouldn't try to eat the camper while we were exploring caves, museums and factories for the day.

Old 05-27-2017, 12:16 AM
STOF-FORD
Fleet Mechanic
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Here's an FYI for everyone who's coming to the G2G and who may be thinking about disc brakes for their rigs. I've been emailing with Ronald at Performance Trailer Braking. If you're not familiar with them, check out Dave's recent experience over on his "Slippery Slope" thread. I started the conversation as a result of Dave's very positive experience.

I've been trying to find a time and place where Ronald will have one of his mobile installer crews somewhere that we will be as well. As it turns out, he has an installer in Maine for the entire month of July. His schedule is wide open right now as the installer is just holidaying with his family at that time, but would be very happy to book brake installs as well.

I told Ronald I would float this out to folks and see if anyone else is interested. They can come to our campsite and install disc brakes while we are enjoying New England scenery. From the information and photos Dave has posted already on his site, this looks really interesting to us.

Old 05-27-2017, 05:51 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,204 Likes on 578 Posts
Good info Steve. If I wasn't doing the IS deal, I'd jump on it. Are you going to have it done?

Old 05-27-2017, 09:43 AM
STOF-FORD
Fleet Mechanic
Good info Steve. If I wasn't doing the IS deal, I'd jump on it. Are you going to have it done?
We're strongly leaning in that direction, but haven't made a final decision yet. I'm weighing all the considerations....suspension, brakes, cost of each, importance, safety, piece of mind! Brakes come out high on my list.

Old 05-29-2017, 07:30 AM
djousma
Cargo Master
Received 971 Likes on 346 Posts
Originally Posted by STOF-FORD
Here's an FYI for everyone who's coming to the G2G and who may be thinking about disc brakes for their rigs. I've been emailing with Ronald at Performance Trailer Braking. If you're not familiar with them, check out Dave's recent experience over on his "Slippery Slope" thread. I started the conversation as a result of Dave's very positive experience.

I've been trying to find a time and place where Ronald will have one of his mobile installer crews somewhere that we will be as well. As it turns out, he has an installer in Maine for the entire month of July. His schedule is wide open right now as the installer is just holidaying with his family at that time, but would be very happy to book brake installs as well.

I told Ronald I would float this out to folks and see if anyone else is interested. They can come to our campsite and install disc brakes while we are enjoying New England scenery. From the information and photos Dave has posted already on his site, this looks really interesting to us.
Hooe it works out for you Steve. Not sure if you saw my last update in the other thread, but if you do go forward with the install, make sure they install one of these, or they wire in one of your take out magnets. Either way will accomplish the same results.

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories.../T4846000.html

​​​​​​Even though our brake controllers recognize the ehb actuator, on my 2016 it would still pulse the pump every 5 seconds. I'm thinking the 2017s probably are the same, but don't know for sure.

Old 05-29-2017, 09:39 AM
STOF-FORD
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by djousma
Hooe it works out for you Steve. Not sure if you saw my last update in the other thread, but if you do go forward with the install, make sure they install one of these, or they wire in one of your take out magnets. Either way will accomplish the same results.

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories.../T4846000.html

​​​​​​Even though our brake controllers recognize the ehb actuator, on my 2016 it would still pulse the pump every 5 seconds. I'm thinking the 2017s probably are the same, but don't know for sure.
Dave, thanks. Yes,I did see your post on this and took careful note of same.

Old 06-05-2017, 09:55 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
Page 3? Really? Well not anymore. This is our next trip so it's planning time.

Rodney, I know you don't normally camp close to home but any e-z in and out stopover campgrounds along 90 in far western Mass you know of? Say N.Y. state line to Springfield MA? That would put me knocking down about 225 to 300 miles Friday afternoon.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:37 AM
System
Prolocutor
To be honest Scott, I just don't know. I'd be in the same boat as you in looking them up with Google. If you narrow it down, I can tell you if one area is better than another though.

Edit, after some searching, I'd stay here: http://koa.com/campgrounds/northampton/

It's just 15 minutes from us and we know the area well. It's not right off the highway but worth the extra few miles. Text me or all if you need any info.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:00 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
What about the Sturbridge area Rodney? I see there's a Jellystone there. That would give me a 4:15 day and a 5:15 day.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:10 PM
System
Prolocutor
Nothing wrong with it Scott. I just don't know the area as well. I think you'd be fine either way. I'm cheap when on the move and would camp at Walmart for the night....LOL

Quick Reply: Probably 1 Page - July 2017 G2G