1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

To stack or not to stack, that is the question

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 09:44 PM
farmert
Logistics Pro
Received 520 Likes on 253 Posts
I think stacks can look good if done right. I would never install them in a truck with a pickup bed on it. If the truck has a flatbed on it, then it is a different story. On my 85, I installed them at the cab corners, in front of the flatbed, not threw the bed. It is your truck, build it the way you want it.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:13 PM
AKHunter93
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fordpride
Please explain how a 4-6" pipe takes up a foot ?
Okay, I'll revise my statement to "it renders the forward portion of your bed useless."

Feel better now? Splitting hairs because you have nothing useful to add to the discussion. Ridiculous.

Originally Posted by fordpride
This is one thing that's getting bad about Fte. A lot of people on here want to put down something or make fun of someone for doing something to there truck cosmetically. Hate to break it to some of you guys but what you think make be ugly, ridiculous or stupid just might be what someone else likes. Quite distasteful
The OP literally asked "What are your thoughts?"

Would it be better for you if nobody shared their thoughts unless they're in agreement with the OP's, or yours?

If you can't handle a dissenting opinion, then the Internet is the wrong place for you to be.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:46 PM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 126 Likes on 104 Posts
I don't know you Russell but its obvious that you don't know Mike. If you had all the knowledge he has and his ability to help others then you 'might' change your opinion of him. Just depends on if you have an open mind or not!

Old 03-09-2016, 11:06 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
He asked, some told. Ah well, such is life. Don't do it...that's just my opinion. You asked.

Old 03-09-2016, 11:08 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by fordman67
He asked for opinions tho... Do what he wants.. Don't ask if you don't want feedback.

Personally.....well you HAVE seen my ranger so I'm disqualified lol

The video was a "funny" and only that.
Originally Posted by madMatador78
The op can do whatever he wants. I didn't hear anyone being disrespectful. Just sharing opinions. If we can't do that then we may as well stop typing.
Uh yup....

Old 03-09-2016, 11:21 PM
MOOSE_MACHINE
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Done right they look good Imo. And if I had another bed to replace mine when the paint goes on I would probably entertain the idea.

Old 03-09-2016, 11:35 PM
nateairman
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I use my bed. Camper, shell and hauling crap. A hot rod rat machine sure. My daily work machine nah.. They do look good when done right but it seems the 'look good' part changes every few years so it will be like buying the ol' lady shoes.

Old 03-10-2016, 12:38 AM
twigsV10
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
In my opinion it's your truck, do what you want to make it look good in your eyes and if people want to make negative comments about the mods just figure that they are too chicken to do the same to their truck to stray from the trendy look.

For a slightly different example, when I was 18 I had an 88 Ranger with dual 8ft CB whips, literally everyone I knew gave me crap about them and cracked jokes. But fast forwarding to now (I don't have the big antennas anymore) when I meet the same people that gave me crap they now ask why I don't have those awesome CB whips?

Live a little, be a wolf and not a sheep if it's what you want go for it.

Old 03-10-2016, 12:46 AM
BogginDave
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lmao if I was sensitive I wouldn't have asked for any advice. Good feedback. Still on the fence about doing any at all. My wife said she'll leave me for someone that drives a Cummins, so I'll probably keep it as is.

Old 03-10-2016, 12:47 AM
T_F_E
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They are obnoxious, you lose bed space, everything in your bed gets melted or covered in soot... and I still run em

Old 03-10-2016, 07:03 AM
97-psd
Logistics Pro
Received 383 Likes on 274 Posts
Pros: Depending on taste, look really good
Cons: Loud inside the cab, loss of some bed space, hole in the floor of the bed, soot on stuff in the bed.

I don't think anyone here wants you to be surprised by some of the cons of doing this. Pretty much all of which are common sense. But if it is what you want to do then go for it.

Now one truck I do love them on, is the Lil' Red Express Dodge pickups in the 80s. Those were sweet

Old 03-10-2016, 08:23 AM
444dieselrod
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT!!!!!

The red truck is my friends, he now has a crewcab with stacks too, both are 4".

the black truck and the white truck were mine, both had 5" stacks. Black beauty rusted beyond saving but the white truck still lives on in WI.

Old 03-10-2016, 09:03 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by twigsV10
In my opinion it's your truck, do what you want to make it look good in your eyes and if people want to make negative comments about the mods just figure that they are too chicken to do the same to their truck to stray from the trendy look.

For a slightly different example, when I was 18 I had an 88 Ranger with dual 8ft CB whips, literally everyone I knew gave me crap about them and cracked jokes. But fast forwarding to now (I don't have the big antennas anymore) when I meet the same people that gave me crap they now ask why I don't have those awesome CB whips?

Live a little, be a wolf and not a sheep if it's what you want go for it.
Yeah because wanting your stuff to look decent and not stupid makes you a sheep...ok

Old 03-10-2016, 09:04 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by BogginDave
Lmao if I was sensitive I wouldn't have asked for any advice. Good feedback. Still on the fence about doing any at all. My wife said she'll leave me for someone that drives a Cummins, so I'll probably keep it as is.
Good wife...LOL Good on ya for not being sensitive. Do what you want. No one on here is going to gig you for it. But you can sure expect to get an opinion when you ask, as you have seen.

Old 03-10-2016, 09:39 AM
nossliw
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man, this thread is starting to look like a PSN or PSA thread with all the anger.

I have seen a few flat beds that had stacks integrated into the head ache rack that were pretty neat. That's the only time I have liked them though. I will say from the trucks I have driven in that had them the cab resonance is unreal... its anything but quiet inside.

Running stacks will coat whatever is in the bed with soot, your camper or trailer if you tow anything, and prevent any in bed camper or topper.

I guess I have a distaSte for them now as it seems every guy running them is usually hot rodding his dodge driving like an a hole and blacking out the highway out here...oh well

My buddies truck with a single stack I liked....

I thought this one looked sharp...

this one not so much....

Quick Reply: To stack or not to stack, that is the question