6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Is the 6.7L a "Simple Engine"??

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 06:56 PM
UGA33
Lead Driver

Received 129 Likes on 66 Posts
Old 07-30-2015, 07:04 PM
69cj
Hotshot
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Since I have no intensions of going toe to toe with you ricohman and you appear to have more inside info than anyone else on the thread I would recommend that you save yourself and unload your 2015 while it still has some value. If i have to eat my words I will be more than happy to come back and apologize to you.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:07 PM
CR3999!
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Randy Klauk
Sounds like he's describing my 2004 6.0! most expensive vehicle to keep running I've ever owned.
Heck, my 04 6.0 is the best truck I ever had. I just hope I get as good of service on my new 6.7.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:10 PM
Ricohman
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 69cj
Since I have no intensions of going toe to toe with you ricohman and you appear to have more inside info than anyone else on the thread I would recommend that you save yourself and unload your 2015 while it still has some value. If i have to eat my words I will be more than happy to come back and apologize to you.
Yup. I'm writing the add this evening. But I doubt I can even give the thing away now.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:11 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,201 Likes on 575 Posts
Originally Posted by Ricohman
Yup. I'm writing the add this evening. But I doubt I can even give the thing away now.

I'll take it if your giving it away. When do we meet?

Old 07-30-2015, 07:17 PM
SpartanDieselTech
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The floodgates have opened wide.The things are coming apart.
Anyway the dealer has a sea of them in the lot now. There is absolutely nothing sound about the 6.7.
When I see a crank that has the mass of the average 80 hp. Diesel, it's a problem. Cranks are snapping, no surprise. This lightweight crank will want to spin up faster, a partial byproduct of the horsepower wars directed at 20yr to 40 yr. old market segment.
I see a main and rod bearings with no locking tang, it is a problem. The 6.7 is spinning bearings.
The spindly connecting rods have seemed to hold up well. I was a bit off on the outcome of using a rod that size.
Turbo issues on the early boys was an easy fix but this major stuff is not.
The point is the the catastrophic failures are piling up. We are well beyond whether or not the 6.7 has inherent problems are now manifesting themselves, they do and are.
Bottom line is, somewhere between CAD, the manufacturing in China and the installation in Mexico, there is a very real problem, that is sometimes occurring.
The only time I have used the word mass, is when I have stated the 6.7 crank is lacking enough mass for that engine and there are cranks snapping.
hose of you going through this horrible process of having valves stick and have pistons slam into them and then go through down time while your truck gets eviserated and if for some reason you don't think you should have to take it any more, check your state's lemon law. Get all of your money back. Ide go further but that's me.
This cracking and temporarily seizing valves in their guides is occurring during regeneration process creating heat the valves just cannot handle, just rolling down the road.
It was a gamble setting it up that way to avoid the expense of components, a 9th injector creating the nessasary heat away from the combustion chamber.
And please, anybody attempting a ream, that's fine as frog's hair and all but you better had do it right OR you will create a high end skip/ shake that will be there constantly. The valve will try cocking to the side and not seal properly at mid to high rpms, if you take to much off the guide walls.
It is a pretty fine line opening it up enough to allow for thermal expansion and a normal amount of stem film and not creating a guide that will create the condition that I just mentioned above.
Keep researching and if you can swing the possibilities along with definites like your turbo a WILL blow and it will send trash into your motor go ahead.
I'm not saying you will go thru the wringer but you had better be prepared to. Oh, this boy can leave you stranded.

And on and on it goes....
Makes me think we all got hornswoggled!
dieselnick is obviously about as sharp as a marble, and likely rides around in a Ram with his boyfriend.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:19 PM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by SpartanDieselTech
dieselnick is obviously about as sharp as a marble, and likely rides around in a Ram with his boyfriend.

OMFG, the funniest post I've read in a while! Sorry Doug, you lost the title but there's still time to regain the belt... I already gave Matt my share of reps in the "jackhammer" thread so somebody hit the guy up for me please!

Old 07-30-2015, 07:35 PM
92F350CC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I've seen DieselNick's posts over there.......he's either a troll or just really off the reservation. Major drama queen, that's for sure.

Remember, just because somebody is a mechanic(or says they are) doesn't meant they are a good mechanic.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:36 PM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by 92F350CC
I've seen DieselNick's posts over there.......he's either a troll or just really off the reservation. Major drama queen, that's for sure.

Remember, just because somebody is a mechanic(or says they are) doesn't meant they are a good mechanic.
I read it on the internet so it must be true. I'm a French model by the way....

Old 07-30-2015, 07:36 PM
92F350CC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 69cj
I think Ricoh is mocking DieselNick.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:42 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SpartanDieselTech
You mean the ones affected by the mandatory recall right?

Old 07-30-2015, 07:49 PM
Maxium4x4
Super Moderator
Received 3,426 Likes on 2,110 Posts
Dieselwhat? Oh Nick

Old 07-30-2015, 07:51 PM
System
Prolocutor
Originally Posted by Maxium4x4
Dieselwhat? Oh Nick

Now wait one minute mister. If I made that connection, you'd delete my post and send me a less than pleasant PM.... LOL....

Old 07-30-2015, 07:51 PM
nico963
Fleet Mechanic
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
There is a guy called dieselnick or something like that on the diesel stop forums.
He says he has seen massive amounts of crankshaft, bearing and rod failures. Cranks are snapping in half on a regular basis. Front crankcase cover are busting, heads are cracking, injectors are flying out, valves are hitting the pistons.
He says the flood gates are wide open now and Ford lots are filling with busted unservicable trucks. Soon there will be massive recalls for this dangerous engine.
He also advises nobody should ever own such a thing.
I know exactly who you are talking about.Lately he is running with the 15's regen valve jack hammering issue's.He's also telling guys that so many 6.7's are coming in for the issue that Ford is not writing a service report so the owners can't get the truck lemoned lawed because there's no paper trail.

Old 07-30-2015, 07:53 PM
Maxium4x4
Super Moderator
Received 3,426 Likes on 2,110 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Now wait one minute mister. If I made that connection, you'd delete my post and send me a less than pleasant PM.... LOL....
French model or not I would....

Quick Reply: Is the 6.7L a "Simple Engine"??