Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Peragon or Bakflip?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 10:42 AM
white Buffalo
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bleacht
Because they're a sponsor, is there a discount we get? I've seen it mentioned but not posted anywhere.
Yes there is. Send Peragon a PM and he'll give you the options.

Old 03-19-2016, 03:57 PM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
I just picked up a 2015 F150 and I'm looking at the Peragon cover. I'm looking for more feedback on durability and if it'll freeze up during the winter from snow and ice.
Thank you to the Peragon owners who chimed in with personal experience!

Because they're a sponsor, is there a discount we get? I've seen it mentioned but not posted anywhere.
Yes! We offer a bonus for forum members - I just PM'd you the details.

Old 03-20-2016, 09:24 PM
bleacht
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you everyone for the help. I went and ordered the Peragon, I'll be sure to post pics after the install and my impressions. The anticipation for the cover to arrive is going to eat away at me

Old 03-20-2016, 10:11 PM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Thank you everyone for the help. I went and ordered the Peragon, I'll be sure to post pics after the install and my impressions. The anticipation for the cover to arrive is going to eat away at me
Thank you for your order! We'll speed it on the way to you...with any luck you'll be able to install it next weekend.

Old 03-25-2016, 03:07 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,109 Likes on 1,008 Posts
We expect to see the new photos by Easter afternoon!

Old 03-26-2016, 06:31 PM
bleacht
New User
I'm not sure I'll get to it by then but definitely Monday. I'll post pics, don't you worry!

Old 04-04-2016, 10:09 PM
AK_SuperDuty
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 long bed super duty

Hey peragon, when are you expecting to have a bed cover available for the upcoming 2017 super duty? I'll be ordering my new truck in a couple weeks and I really like the look of your cover. Thanks.

Old 04-04-2016, 11:17 PM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Originally Posted by AK_SuperDuty
Hey peragon, when are you expecting to have a bed cover available for the upcoming 2017 super duty? I'll be ordering my new truck in a couple weeks and I really like the look of your cover. Thanks.
Thank you for considering a Peragon bed cover for your new Super Duty! Unless there is something unusual about the bed design, we typically launch covers for new models 6-8 weeks after they begin arriving on dealer lots. That allows us time to prove out our mounting and fit on the actual production trucks.

Old 04-05-2016, 12:02 AM
AK_SuperDuty
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Peragon
Thank you for considering a Peragon bed cover for your new Super Duty! Unless there is something unusual about the bed design, we typically launch covers for new models 6-8 weeks after they begin arriving on dealer lots. That allows us time to prove out our mounting and fit on the actual production trucks.
Excellent. Thank you for your prompt reply. I'll be in touch with you guys at the end of summer when my truck shows up.

Old 04-16-2016, 08:05 PM
1L243
Laughing Gas
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Email with photos sent to Peragon web site with install issues on 2005 chevy longbed..

Thanks

Old 04-17-2016, 06:17 PM
Peragon
PLATINUM SPONSOR
Originally Posted by 1L243
Email with photos sent to Peragon web site with install issues on 2005 chevy longbed..

Thanks
Our team is on it, thank you for the heads up!

Old 05-12-2016, 09:53 PM
jbriggs
New User
Hello everybody. I'm sorry if this is the wrong place for this question, but most of my question is about the Peragon at this point, so this seems like a fitting place.

I am trying to decide on a Tonneau cover for my 2015 Super Crew F-250.

I was leaning toward the Truxedo lo pro qt or possibly the Deuce until I saw the Peragon. I was interested in the BackFlip for a while until I saw that it blocks the rear window while up which is not something that I am willing to give up. I like the idea of the aluminum instead of a vinyl cover and the having the deadbolt lock, so I am starting to lean more toward the Peragon. I am still undecided about not having the front access that the Deuce would provide vs having the lock and a hard cover. I also didn't want to drill into the side rails, but after watching the install videos I am getting over that feeling.

I mainly want a cover so I can have covered space outside of the cab as the family is growing and putting things in the back seat is not as much of a option since the kid doesn't want to carry stuff on his lap. I tow a TT and will probably have to travel with the dogs (3) in the bed of the truck (in their crates), so being able to remove the cover by rolling it up or opening it an storing it in the bed (or tucked under the rear window like the Peragon does) is a plus. I like the access from both the cab side and tailgate side for every day purposes of storing things while traveling, so that is something I am kicking around too. How do others with Peragon covers handle this situation?

Any Pros and Cons are appreciated. One other question I have right now is: Will the Peragon rails interfere with the bull ring tie downs on the top of my side rails?

Thanks for any answers.

Old 05-13-2016, 06:21 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,229 Likes on 807 Posts
Originally Posted by jbriggs
Hello everybody. I'm sorry if this is the wrong place for this question, but most of my question is about the Peragon at this point, so this seems like a fitting place.

I am trying to decide on a Tonneau cover for my 2015 Super Crew F-250.

I was leaning toward the Truxedo lo pro qt or possibly the Deuce until I saw the Peragon. I was interested in the BackFlip for a while until I saw that it blocks the rear window while up which is not something that I am willing to give up. I like the idea of the aluminum instead of a vinyl cover and the having the deadbolt lock, so I am starting to lean more toward the Peragon. I am still undecided about not having the front access that the Deuce would provide vs having the lock and a hard cover. I also didn't want to drill into the side rails, but after watching the install videos I am getting over that feeling.

I mainly want a cover so I can have covered space outside of the cab as the family is growing and putting things in the back seat is not as much of a option since the kid doesn't want to carry stuff on his lap. I tow a TT and will probably have to travel with the dogs (3) in the bed of the truck (in their crates), so being able to remove the cover by rolling it up or opening it an storing it in the bed (or tucked under the rear window like the Peragon does) is a plus. I like the access from both the cab side and tailgate side for every day purposes of storing things while traveling, so that is something I am kicking around too. How do others with Peragon covers handle this situation?

Any Pros and Cons are appreciated. One other question I have right now is: Will the Peragon rails interfere with the bull ring tie downs on the top of my side rails?

Thanks for any answers.
On the 2009-2014 F-150's, the water proof strip on the side rails does lay over the stake pockets a small bit. Hope this helps a bit. IMHO, the Peragon is the best possible choice for looks, function and security of your goods.

Attached Images    
Old 05-13-2016, 08:08 AM
white Buffalo
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm still able to use the Bull ring tie downs on my pick up when I need to.

I bought a cargo bar with a net for $30 to put in the bed to be able to throw grocery bags or small stuff without having it fly around back there. Works great for me.

Personally I don't think you'll find a cover that will work in every type of situation. But you won't find a better cover than this in my opinion.

Old 05-13-2016, 12:20 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,109 Likes on 1,008 Posts
Originally Posted by white Buffalo
I'm still able to use the Bull ring tie downs on my pick up when I need to.

I bought a cargo bar with a net for $30 to put in the bed to be able to throw grocery bags or small stuff without having it fly around back there. Works great for me.

Personally I don't think you'll find a cover that will work in every type of situation. But you won't find a better cover than this in my opinion.
.................. DITTO!

Quick Reply: Peragon or Bakflip?