Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08+ mirrors wiring up PF/PT using stock parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 06:53 PM
DmanEx3232
5th Wheeling
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Yes, aftermarket Sypco 2008 (not sure I spelled that correct). I cut the 2008 plugs and rewired them for the EX 1999-2004. Here are the previous aftermarkets installed in 2003. Only upgraded cause the driver side was cracked while parked on the street. I can see so much more with the newer style.

Old 05-23-2018, 07:59 PM
mdeering
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey tim got like 2 questions for u about the switch in the dash

Old 05-23-2018, 08:09 PM
Twonky
Mountain Pass
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Favorite mirrors

What are you favorite mirror upgrades? I'm looking for brands and part number if you know them. Does anyone know if both the upper and lower mirrors are heated on the upgrades?

Old 05-24-2018, 08:22 AM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 199 Likes on 107 Posts
From what I've read, only uppers are heated.

Old 05-24-2018, 08:24 AM
Twonky
Mountain Pass
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My current mirrors sar set up that way, but I'd like both mirrors heated.

Old 05-24-2018, 10:39 AM
timf150
Laughing Gas
Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by mdeering
hey tim got like 2 questions for u about the switch in the dash

I keep forgetting up update my FTE membership so my mailbox is full.

Hit me up with your two questions?

Tim M

Old 05-24-2018, 10:49 AM
DmanEx3232
5th Wheeling
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I have to wipe the ice off the corners on my bottoms in the winter. Usually falls right off after the Ex warms up.

I looked for the part# information from the vendor, but they appear to be out of stock on the 2008s. If you like the turn signal in the glass here is the info for your year. I can't tell if these are the same manufacturer as mine. Mine are made by Syppo I have no vibration blurring while driving, and no distortions on the mirrors. Very Happy! Keep researching and checking customer reviews

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-99-07-F...4AAOSwfpRaeUZ9

Old 07-23-2018, 11:21 AM
efiguero
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by timf150
I keep forgetting up update my FTE membership so my mailbox is full.

Hit me up with your two questions?

Tim M

Tim, I have a couple of questions, I would assume you worked out the power folding portion of it, which you said you had issue with initially. What issues did you run into? Also you mentioned the "Relay wiring socket for a 5 pin relay. Relay switch Ford OEM part #8C3Z-14N089-A", I have found the relay, but what is the part number for wiring harness or did you order a mouser plug and make one yourself? If so, do you recall the mouser plug, and pin connectors you used? I just picked up a set of OEM power fold, power telescoping, etc on CL, so will be doing this mod soon. Trying to get all my ducks in a row so I can start sourcing what I need. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Old 07-24-2018, 01:55 PM
timf150
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by efiguero
Tim, I have a couple of questions, I would assume you worked out the power folding portion of it, which you said you had issue with initially. What issues did you run into? Also you mentioned the "Relay wiring socket for a 5 pin relay. Relay switch Ford OEM part #8C3Z-14N089-A", I have found the relay, but what is the part number for wiring harness or did you order a mouser plug and make one yourself? If so, do you recall the mouser plug, and pin connectors you used? I just picked up a set of OEM power fold, power telescoping, etc on CL, so will be doing this mod soon. Trying to get all my ducks in a row so I can start sourcing what I need. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

I had it all hooked up properly but something in the mirrors just didn't get it to power fold properly, I tried to re-sync them but I just couldn't get them both to fold properly. They needed a little bit of help. I believe many of the early models of the mirrors had issues and some of those with issues flooded the used market. I believe I got some of those. I pulled a mirror apart to try and fix it but I wasn't successful.

The wiring harness you can pick up at any automotive store. I didn't get anything special from Ford. Here is one on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Automotive-Relay-Harness-5-Pin-SPDT/dp/B0002ZPUMG/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_263_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=C7ZFZRWGDN2E7GK067A5 https://www.amazon.com/Automotive-Relay-Harness-5-Pin-SPDT/dp/B0002ZPUMG/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_263_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=C7ZFZRWGDN2E7GK067A5

Tim M

Old 07-24-2018, 02:33 PM
efiguero
Senior User
I had it all hooked up properly but something in the mirrors just didn't get it to power fold properly, I tried to re-sync them but I just couldn't get them both to fold properly. They needed a little bit of help. I believe many of the early models of the mirrors had issues and some of those with issues flooded the used market. I believe I got some of those. I pulled a mirror apart to try and fix it but I wasn't successful.

The wiring harness you can pick up at any automotive store. I didn't get anything special from Ford. Here is one on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Automotive-Re...WGDN2E7GK067A5

Tim M
Understood, thanks for the info on the harness, was not sure if it was something specific. Seems like on the Mouser site, they have minimum order amounts for some of the pins you noted. The female ones have a minimum order of 100 now, sheesh. Lol

Old 09-07-2018, 10:18 AM
efiguero
Senior User
I believe this may be the part number you are looking for the power extend button.

Mouser Part #:
571-1924639-2

Tim M
Tim still trying to get everything I need for this project had a couple of more questions I was hoping you might be able to chime in on. The quote above, is this for the equivalent for the ford part number you ordered, "Part #3U2Z-14S411-DAAC – Motorcraft #wpt-1219" for C577 power telescoping switch? I searched on ebay for that part number and the parts that kept coming up did not match the picture, so I am assuming it may have changed over the years. So wondered if I could just get a mouser equivalent.
That brings me to another question, how do you figure out the mouser part number for the corresponding Ford plugs and pins needed? I am thinking about trying to find the mouser plugs and pins that fit my existing wiring so I can try and make some sort of pig tail to avoid cutting my wires in my door in the case I need to go back to my original mirrors. I know they sell adapters that I could probably customize, but since the plugs on mouser are pretty cheap, it seems better to make my own then spend $25 on a pre-made adapter.
Lastly, the replay set up, where did you end up wiring that to for power, did you just run it to an open spot in the fuse box? Thanks again for your help!

Old 09-08-2018, 11:06 PM
timf150
Laughing Gas
For the part number 3U2Z-14S411-DAAC I went to the ford dealership directly, I didn't order it online. This connector part number is the same as c577 which I mentioned as being the switch but its actually the connector. The switches I ordered on Ebay as used. I believe NicMike posted some samples in an earlier post.

I thought I had posted a new part number from mouser so I looked back and on Post #21 I have the part number as 571-1924639-2

I found some of the part numbers on another thread from another site but i wanted to create a mirror install guide for FTE so I created this post for it. So I can't take credit for finding all the part numbers. The other thread was super long but I was able to pull what was needed to create this one.

There is a connector parts number book if your lucky you can find your connector and get the part number
https://www.motorcraft.com/content/d...-Book-2016.pdf
I believe there is another thread that has the part numbers for the older connections and i believe it was from member W2KW57. I will try and find it.

I don't remember where I tapped into to power for the relay but I believe I used one of the unused power wires under the dash. There is one to the right of the trailer plug, its just sitting there unused. Took me awhile to find it but it was right there.

Hope this helps
Tim M

Old 09-08-2018, 11:38 PM
timf150
Laughing Gas
I found the thread ..... https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-w-pics-2.html

And someone posted a part number for one side and looks like rockauto carries it. 4U2Z-14S411-EB
https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/mo...onnector,13104
and maybe this for the other side...
https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/mo...connector,2616

It also looks like rockauto has the connector wp1219
https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/mo...onnector,13047

TIm M

Old 09-09-2018, 09:15 AM
efiguero
Senior User
Tim, thanks for the information and continued support on this thread! As mentioned I’m going to try and make some sort of pigtail so I don’t have to cut any of my existing wires in the case I need to go back to the old mirrors for some reason. Especially if there is something wrong with the new mirrors I bought off Craigslist, never had a way to test them. If I could figure out how to do that, that’d be cool. I’ve got more pressing issues that just popped up, door ajar light coming on and the wd-40 trick isn’t working. So gotta get that fixed. Anyhow thanks again!!

Old 09-27-2018, 04:52 PM
efiguero
Senior User
For the part number 3U2Z-14S411-DAAC I went to the ford dealership directly, I didn't order it online. This connector part number is the same as c577 which I mentioned as being the switch but its actually the connector. The switches I ordered on Ebay as used. I believe NicMike posted some samples in an earlier post.

I thought I had posted a new part number from mouser so I looked back and on Post #21 I have the part number as 571-1924639-2

I found some of the part numbers on another thread from another site but i wanted to create a mirror install guide for FTE so I created this post for it. So I can't take credit for finding all the part numbers. The other thread was super long but I was able to pull what was needed to create this one.

There is a connector parts number book if your lucky you can find your connector and get the part number
https://www.motorcraft.com/content/d...-Book-2016.pdf
I believe there is another thread that has the part numbers for the older connections and i believe it was from member W2KW57. I will try and find it.

I don't remember where I tapped into to power for the relay but I believe I used one of the unused power wires under the dash. There is one to the right of the trailer plug, its just sitting there unused. Took me awhile to find it but it was right there.

Hope this helps
Tim M
Tim,
Have some more questions, slowly trying to get ready for this project. I think I am scratching the pigtail idea, as I realized I would have to make a pig tail at the switch as well, not just where the mirrors plug into. So I will be cutting wires, but keeping my plugsfor sure. lol
1. So where can I find additional wiring diagrams such as the ones you posted? I was comparing yours to the mirrors I have and the colors don't match the diagrams (Which I know happens), the good thing is the pin locations on the diagrams seem to match my mirrors, with the exception of the Drivers side mirror. It seems to be missing 4 wires in slots 18-21. Hence the question on where I might be able to find more wiring diagrams to see if I can find a match or something close? The passenger side seems to match the diagram with the exception of the wire colors. I would assume they are the same functions since the pin locations are the same.
Here is a picture of my drivers side plug, see that only 22 has a wire nothing next to it.

Here is my passenger side, matches just not the colors.

Also, I hadn't really inspected the mirrors when I bought them, but seems like they are from different years. See below:

I have ordered all the parts you specified, so once they arrive, I will begin trying to wire my own harness as you did. Just need to make sure I know what pin does what.

Quick Reply: 08+ mirrors wiring up PF/PT using stock parts