6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Today is the day........

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 04:00 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Attaboy Steve!

I look at it this way - anything at all that I did to my camper (which was a lot) was a rather substantial improvement over how the factory did it....

Old 05-15-2017, 04:03 PM
STOF-FORD
Fleet Mechanic
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Big-Foot
Attaboy Steve!

I look at it this way - anything at all that I did to my camper (which was a lot) was a rather substantial improvement over how the factory did it....
AMEN BROTHER!! I know for a fact that no body at the factory took as much time and was as careful as I'm being.

Assuming all goes well with this project, it will be a significant improvement!

Old 05-15-2017, 06:21 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
I may do this myself. The access compartment to my water pump and outdoor shower handle is impossible to get a hand in when needed. Watching!!

Old 05-15-2017, 06:26 PM
djousma
Cargo Master
Received 934 Likes on 336 Posts
Originally Posted by STOF-FORD
AMEN BROTHER!! I know for a fact that no body at the factory took as much time and was as careful as I'm being.

Assuming all goes well with this project, it will be a significant improvement!
Which water panel are you going with, Steve?

Old 05-15-2017, 06:30 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,200 Likes on 574 Posts
I think waiting for the actual panel to land before cutting is wise Steve. I'd want to measure it quite a few times before cutting...

On my project, I got my Equalizer clocked correctly, wet bolt installed, and ready to go in tomorrow morning. I was going to skip all that as it won't be in forever but I can't help but do things right. Even if they are only going to be in short term.

Old 05-15-2017, 06:41 PM
STOF-FORD
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by BBslider001
I may do this myself. The access compartment to my water pump and outdoor shower handle is impossible to get a hand in when needed. Watching!!
Believe it or not, that was initially the primary driver for this project. My boys like to jokingly refer to my fingers as sausages and my hands as "fists of furry". Bottom line, I could not get my fingers or hands into the original compartment to tighten the water connections. It drove me crazy. As I considered options, I finally said "well, if I'm going to do it, why not make it big enough for filtration and pressure regulation as well?"

Originally Posted by djousma
Which water panel are you going with, Steve?
I've decided to build my own instead of using a prefab. I really don't need a lot of the functionality that comes with them unless I undo a lot of other plumbing in the rig. It didn't seem to make sense to me to tear out stuff that is working fine just so that I could use a prefab unit. I already have factory installed winterizing and heater bypass valves in the pass through storage compartment and they have worked fine. This panel will essentially be inlet, filtration, pressure regulation, outdoor shower and black water flush.

Old 05-15-2017, 06:43 PM
STOF-FORD
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
I think waiting for the actual panel to land before cutting is wise Steve. I'd want to measure it quite a few times before cutting...

On my project, I got my Equalizer clocked correctly, wet bolt installed, and ready to go in tomorrow morning. I was going to skip all that as it won't be in forever but I can't help but do things right. Even if they are only going to be in short term.

Looking good. We'll anxiously await the next set of pics with it installed.

Old 05-15-2017, 06:47 PM
System
Prolocutor
Surgery scheduled for about 12 hours from now Steve. What I'm awaiting is the moment when the whole thing is gone. I'm very patient while making a decision. Once I've made the decision though, I have the patience of a gnat. I'm hoping MorRyde get's me in sooner than Aug 8th. I have 2000 miles worth of trips before that and another 800 miles to IN to get it done. I'll be waiting for something to go boom the whole time...

Old 05-15-2017, 06:56 PM
PlayersZ28
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Big-Foot
Attaboy Steve!

Lol, ain't that the truth!

Old 05-15-2017, 07:04 PM
STOF-FORD
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Surgery scheduled for about 12 hours from now Steve. What I'm awaiting is the moment when the whole thing is gone. I'm very patient while making a decision. Once I've made the decision though, I have the patience of a gnat. I'm hoping MorRyde get's me in sooner than Aug 8th. I have 2000 miles worth of trips before that and another 800 miles to IN to get it done. I'll be waiting for something to go boom the whole time...
I hear you brother! I spent almost the entire day today on my back under our rig. I was installing the back two Barker valve actuators on my rear holding tanks and then running the wiring harnesses for them. That project will be finished and ready for testing tomorrow .... finally! I figure I then have another 1.5 days under the rig fixing and cleaning up s..t wiring that was done at the factory on everything else before I can start putting coroplast back on. That will easily take another full day at least in order for one person to do it right. By then my new compartment door should be here and I'll switch to that project.

To be completely honest, I wish I had enough confidence in some pros out there to have done this electric holding tank valve conversion. It has been a much more labor intensive project than I had anticipated. I just know that someone else would not have done it as carefully as I have, particularly the wiring.

Old 05-16-2017, 07:52 AM
Chad149
Lead Driver
Received 508 Likes on 172 Posts
Alright guys, looking at TPMS for the wagon. Any thoughts/recommendations/ experience over this?
One I'm looking at.
https://tsttruck.com/product/tst-507-internal/
The picture has stems for dual wheels, but 1" stems are available.

Old 05-16-2017, 07:55 AM
djousma
Cargo Master
Received 934 Likes on 336 Posts
Originally Posted by STOF-FORD

(snip)

I've decided to build my own instead of using a prefab. I really don't need a lot of the functionality that comes with them unless I undo a lot of other plumbing in the rig. It didn't seem to make sense to me to tear out stuff that is working fine just so that I could use a prefab unit. I already have factory installed winterizing and heater bypass valves in the pass through storage compartment and they have worked fine. This panel will essentially be inlet, filtration, pressure regulation, outdoor shower and black water flush.

Good for you, and a good choice. I'll be looking forward to seeing photos of the finished project.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:39 AM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 83 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Chad149
Alright guys, looking at TPMS for the wagon. Any thoughts/recommendations/ experience over this?
One I'm looking at.
I've used TST monitoring system for years. Just replace battery once a year. I did get the external antenna though. Didn't need the repeater.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:48 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Chad149
One I'm looking at.
I don't know anything about their internal senders, but I had the external sender TST510 systems.
I have 2 things to say -
1) They are a PITA to program
2) Get the ones with user serviceable batteries

Old 05-16-2017, 08:57 AM
System
Prolocutor
I too run the external Chad just in case I have to change the battery.

I guess Dave was right about the plastic bushings.

Quick Reply: Today is the day........