6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Today is the day........

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2020, 06:44 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,204 Likes on 578 Posts
Tom, I'm not a whisky drinker either. However, I got into Crown maple a few years back. Sadly they discontinued it. The reasoning was, maple is kind of a Canada / New England thing. The whole country likes honey but maple syrup is a bit more of a regional thing. After that, I tried everything I could find and didn't like a darn one of them. All the while, I passed over Jim Beam Maple because... well... it's Jim Beam and just yuk. Finally, after seeing it on the shelves for a couple years, I grabbed a bottle. HOLY LORD, it's the best! Better than all the others I tried to replace Crown with and better than Crown Maple too! I was blissfully happy with my find for about a year until one day there was none on the shelf at my local big store. I asked and they said it was likely just out of stock. I looked everywhere and couldn't find it. I finally wrote JB and you guessed it... Discontinued! Well, didn't I find that my local small shop had some one the shelf. I cleared them out. 6 x 1.75 liter bottles. Hey, they won't go bad so I've got a stash in the cellar for a long time now. Recently I saw a couple more bottles in another shop and I'll likely grab them the next time I'm in. So, if you see it anywhere, buy it. If you like the sweet stuff, you'll like it...

Good work on the suspension! Getting those plastic bushings out along with swapping the standard shackles is a great upgrade by itself. Adding the new 4000 equalizers is just the icing on the cake...

Old 03-09-2020, 11:55 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,993 Likes on 2,823 Posts
Home Depot has a decent sale on 20v Dewalt tools. I can get HD gift cards from Discover Card as my cash back bonus, so that makes the tools easier to buy. I picked up a reciprocating saw and a circular saw, each with 2 5ah batteries and a charger. Any additional tools I buy from now on will be tool-only, without buying batteries with it.

Just doing my part to keep this economy stimulated.

Old 03-09-2020, 03:43 PM
System
Prolocutor
Had a productive day as my retirement crashed and burned along with Jim's. Got my TPMS sensors installed in my trailer wheels. It was a good thing I pulled them as I found the manufacturer never tightened the castle nut on one of my hubs! Thing was wobbling like crazy! It would have sucked when that sucker grenaded on the way to Nova Scotia this summer! Anyways, sorted that, greased everything, and back together so that job is done. Just have to pair it with my truck another day.

Next was, I got my new tires and wheels mounted up on the truck. I am VERY happy with these. They look amazing and the ride improved yet again above and beyond where it was from the Sulastics. I cleaned up the old ones and popped them on CL. Hopefully they go quickly. I have found a bunch of sold sets on eBay for about $1500 plus $300 shipping. I'm hoping to get around $1500 for mine...

Lastly, my new MTI enclosure with a JL sub landed today. I'lll likely tackle that install tomorrow. Then the refresh of the 2017 will be complete. The only other thing I may do is get a pair of Odyssey AGM batteries. My second battery that the dealer didn't replace was leaking over the weekend and starting to corrode the hold down. I cleaned it up but it's only a matter of time. Maybe if I get a new pair, I can sell my new Motorcraft one for $100? I'm not impressed at all with these leakers....

Old 03-09-2020, 08:38 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
I like the new look Rodney! I wasn't really sold on the look from the pics you posted on other trucks, but seeing them on your truck definitely changed my opinion.

My electrician came out today so we have (well had, lol) power in the second bedroom. Killed the breaker and finished connections in junction box in the basement. Just need to rewire switch box in Michael's room, flip on the breaker and that project is done! Starting to shop for a bed and carpet remnant and then we can move him in. Looks like he will get an amish made bed from a local store. Their stuff doesn't compare to the box box junk and that's a good thing......................we just hope he's completely over his furniture eating stage!

Tom I really want to go grab the BX just to try it, but then I realized my trailer is half filled with fill dirt...............sometimes having a jack of all trades trailer bites me in the ***.

Old 03-09-2020, 10:18 PM
fordmantpw
Cargo Master
Received 450 Likes on 142 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Tom, I'm not a whisky drinker either. However, I got into Crown maple a few years back. Sadly they discontinued it. The reasoning was, maple is kind of a Canada / New England thing. The whole country likes honey but maple syrup is a bit more of a regional thing. After that, I tried everything I could find and didn't like a darn one of them. All the while, I passed over Jim Beam Maple because... well... it's Jim Beam and just yuk. Finally, after seeing it on the shelves for a couple years, I grabbed a bottle. HOLY LORD, it's the best! Better than all the others I tried to replace Crown with and better than Crown Maple too! I was blissfully happy with my find for about a year until one day there was none on the shelf at my local big store. I asked and they said it was likely just out of stock. I looked everywhere and couldn't find it. I finally wrote JB and you guessed it... Discontinued! Well, didn't I find that my local small shop had some one the shelf. I cleared them out. 6 x 1.75 liter bottles. Hey, they won't go bad so I've got a stash in the cellar for a long time now. Recently I saw a couple more bottles in another shop and I'll likely grab them the next time I'm in. So, if you see it anywhere, buy it. If you like the sweet stuff, you'll like it...

Good work on the suspension! Getting those plastic bushings out along with swapping the standard shackles is a great upgrade by itself. Adding the new 4000 equalizers is just the icing on the cake...
That sucks everybody quit making the maple! I'll keep my eyes peeled for some.

Our fiver actually came with wet bolts and brass sleeves. My sole purpose was the 4000...couldn't afford to go IFS nor disc brakes. We're planning 3 out-of-state trips this summer, so hopefully this will help on the *****ty roads that are everywhere!

Originally Posted by HRTKD
Home Depot has a decent sale on 20v Dewalt tools. I can get HD gift cards from Discover Card as my cash back bonus, so that makes the tools easier to buy. I picked up a reciprocating saw and a circular saw, each with 2 5ah batteries and a charger. Any additional tools I buy from now on will be tool-only, without buying batteries with it.

Just doing my part to keep this economy stimulated.
I saw the sale today. Was considering the weed eater because my wife wants an electric one, but held off. All my cordless are Dewalt.

Had a productive day as my retirement crashed and burned along with Jim's. Got my TPMS sensors installed in my trailer wheels. It was a good thing I pulled them as I found the manufacturer never tightened the castle nut on one of my hubs! Thing was wobbling like crazy! It would have sucked when that sucker grenaded on the way to Nova Scotia this summer! Anyways, sorted that, greased everything, and back together so that job is done. Just have to pair it with my truck another day.

Next was, I got my new tires and wheels mounted up on the truck. I am VERY happy with these. They look amazing and the ride improved yet again above and beyond where it was from the Sulastics. I cleaned up the old ones and popped them on CL. Hopefully they go quickly. I have found a bunch of sold sets on eBay for about $1500 plus $300 shipping. I'm hoping to get around $1500 for mine...

Lastly, my new MTI enclosure with a JL sub landed today. I'lll likely tackle that install tomorrow. Then the refresh of the 2017 will be complete. The only other thing I may do is get a pair of Odyssey AGM batteries. My second battery that the dealer didn't replace was leaking over the weekend and starting to corrode the hold down. I cleaned it up but it's only a matter of time. Maybe if I get a new pair, I can sell my new Motorcraft one for $100? I'm not impressed at all with these leakers....

Seeing those wheels and tires on the big screen is so much more impressive than on the phone. WOW! Nice!

Originally Posted by Ferguson65
Tom I really want to go grab the BX just to try it, but then I realized my trailer is half filled with fill dirt...............sometimes having a jack of all trades trailer bites me in the ***.
Just dump the dirt and go get it. Once you get back, you'll have a loader to move it around!

Old 03-10-2020, 11:13 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,477 Likes on 2,305 Posts
Those look great Rodney!

Old 03-10-2020, 12:02 PM
System
Prolocutor
Thank you sir. They just look more proportionate to the truck size than the OE 275's to me...

Old 03-10-2020, 01:40 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Hey a little Forscan update. It's as easy as everyone stated. I'm all sorted! Confirmed connection error between Bluetooth MX OBDII connector and laptop. I deleted the prior truck profile I had and it reloaded all the modules. I’m all good now. Everything is showing up as it should now! Just wanted to follow up. Thanks to all the tips and tricks!

Old 03-10-2020, 03:28 PM
System
Prolocutor
Good deal Andre! I have to update my Forscan license tomorrow and lower my TPMS threshold...

Old 03-10-2020, 04:41 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
I can help you with that, lol. Thanks buddy!!!

Old 03-10-2020, 08:31 PM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts

Like the tires. They look great!

Bruce

Old 03-10-2020, 08:46 PM
fordmantpw
Cargo Master
Rodney, I know you won't be towing heavy anymore, but I'm curious what the larger tires due to towing stability. Does it give a bit more bounce or side-to-side wobble or sway? i don't really tow that heavy (13k ish lbs), but really like the stability my truck has with the fiver hooked up.

Old 03-10-2020, 08:53 PM
System
Prolocutor
Thanks Bruce.

Tom, the tires are actually rated higher than the 275 size. (4080# vs. 3750#) So, while I have no personal experience, I'm guessing they would be just as stable if not more when aired to 80 psi and towing heavy.

Old 03-10-2020, 08:58 PM
fordmantpw
Cargo Master
Excellent...thanks Rodney!

Old 03-11-2020, 07:06 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Looking great!! Now for stacks

Quick Reply: Today is the day........