6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Today is the day........

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 07:17 AM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,660 Likes on 1,653 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Skil SPT99-12 Doug. The Bosch had MEH reviews and I'm not a huge fan of Dewalt. This sucker is their newest and comes on a rolling base with large wheels. HD wanted $619 plus tax for it. Got it for $495 delivered from Acme Tool with a 12% off Labor Day promo code. She hasn't landed yet but pics after assembly will be posted... https://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools...-saw-and-stand

Today is the day I continue to prime the second floor. Should be able to move on to ceilings over the weekend. Finish carpenter wrapped the second floor and has moved to the bonus room over the garage. 1st floor next Monday. Cabinets get delivered Wed and he'll be on them as soon as they land. HVAC coming to finish most on Monday and Tuesday. Alarm and cameras get finished Tuesday. Gutters on today. Electrician in next week to knock out some more. Plumber doing LP next week. We're moving and shaking. Starting to get scary racing the weather. Last year we had snow in the beginning of NOV up here and don't want it building up on the slide toppers. Got to get this pig done....
Acme Tool. AKA “Tool Crib of the North”............they had a store about 40 miles from my house when I still lived in ND. Used to be they just had a few stores in MN and ND(I think), they must be expanding now. They always had good stuff.
And back in the day, when power tools were repairable, they also did great work.

Things are looking good, Rodney.

Old 09-06-2019, 09:29 AM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Received 3,628 Likes on 1,449 Posts
Rodney, Sounds like your place is coming together! Nice table saw!

Old 09-06-2019, 09:57 AM
Paw's 150 Lariat
Logistics Pro
Received 2,182 Likes on 681 Posts
House coming along great Rodney...nice saw also!!

Old 09-06-2019, 08:51 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,028 Likes on 1,607 Posts
Good saw...... I really like the stand !!

We are at a LOVES Truck Stop East of Rapid City SD....... Nice place. The temps are cool and not too noisy......

Good travel day

Old 09-07-2019, 07:42 PM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,200 Likes on 574 Posts
Howdy fellas. So, another tool is in my sights. I've had any number of Milwaukee cordless drivers over the years. But since I started my build, I've noticed that all the subs aren't using drill/drivers anymore. They are using 1/4" impact drivers instead. I grabbed one once and was blow away at the difference. For drilling, sure... the traditional cordless drill/driver is the way to go. For anytime you are fastening, a small impact is the only way to go. Going to grab a Milwaukee 2853-20 bare tool. Current batteries and charger will do fine. $85 brand new delivered on eBay....

Old 09-08-2019, 12:09 AM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Received 3,628 Likes on 1,449 Posts
You are going to love that thing, I bought one when we bought the greenhouse it's been a great tool. I also have a DeWalt cordless drill so yesterday I picked up a new jig saw. I kind of wanted to stay with Milwaukee but I think this unit will work just fine.

Name:  20190907_154700.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  3.04 MB

Old 09-08-2019, 06:16 AM
System
Prolocutor
As I get new or different tools, I generally stick to Milwaukee for battery commonality. My corded stuff is a mix of Milwaukee, Bosch, Mikita, Delta, Dewalt, and Skil. Porter Cable never mad it into the crib for some reason. They seem to be pretty much done these days though...

Old 09-08-2019, 06:22 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
I hope to some day pick up a set of cordless impacts. My concern is that my lack of frequent use will ruin the battery.

Old 09-08-2019, 06:26 AM
System
Prolocutor
That was my concern as well Doug but the new batteries seem to last forever! I recently unpacked a few things just so they wouldn’t sit stored in a discharged state. My impact that hadn’t been out in 6 months was at full charge and it’s spare battery was still full after sitting for a year or so. In fact, I don’t think I’ve charged it since I bought it! Good stuff...

Old 09-08-2019, 07:03 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
That was my concern as well Doug but the new batteries seem to last forever! I recently unpacked a few things just so they wouldn’t sit stored in a discharged state. My impact that hadn’t been out in 6 months was at full charge and it’s spare battery was still full after sitting for a year or so. In fact, I don’t think I’ve charged it since I bought it! Good stuff...
That’s great news! Maybe soon I can pick some up.

Old 09-08-2019, 08:12 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Howdy fellas. So, another tool is in my sights. I've had any number of Milwaukee cordless drivers over the years. But since I started my build, I've noticed that all the subs aren't using drill/drivers anymore. They are using 1/4" impact drivers instead. I grabbed one once and was blow away at the difference. For drilling, sure... the traditional cordless drill/driver is the way to go. For anytime you are fastening, a small impact is the only way to go. Going to grab a Milwaukee 2853-20 bare tool. Current batteries and charger will do fine. $85 brand new delivered on eBay....

They are GREAT !!
I have been using them for years........ The ONLY way to go

Old 09-08-2019, 08:56 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
I've had drivers for a few year. My latest is the Gen-5X Ridgid. I like the Lifetime Service Agreement (LSA) that Ridgid offers and I keep my tools long enough for this to be an issue with the batteries. When I purchased my first drill/driver package, I didn't think I would use the driver much, I had always used the drill for everything. In actual experience, I use the driver more than the drill. Wood-shop in the basement and I enjoy remodeling around the house. My driver does not have a clutch like a drill does so occasionally, I still drive with my drill, when I need to be precise. Drivers also tend to be smaller, so they get into tight spaces better.

I have a cabinet saw stop saw but if I wanted a smaller saw, I would purchase this. Table saws are not a toy or joke. You can get injured very easily and I've seen a few instances (not in my shop) where unsafe practices produced items flying around the shop and cut-off fingers. I'm a fan of this technology. Actually, I'm a fan of any technology that makes tools safer for the user and does not cut productivity. Not saying that Rodney or anyone else should purchased this saw, just sharing a different perspective to raise awareness. Just a little more about me, I have to turn the channel at times when I watch some of the DIY, house flipping shows. The unsafe practices used and the lack of basic tool knowledge on these shows is hard for me to watch.

Bruce...

Old 09-08-2019, 09:20 AM
fordmantpw
Cargo Master
Received 443 Likes on 140 Posts
Amazing the difference an impact driver makes. I only use the cordless drill for actually drilling holes now. I use all DeWalt stuff for battery commonality, and just purchased a leaf blower that is awesome! Same batteries (20V Max Lithium) for all of them.

Old 09-08-2019, 06:45 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Bruce, that is a fantastic saw....... I read about it when it was first invented.........

Old 09-08-2019, 07:55 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
House progress sounds good Rodney! I have an M12 fuel impact driver, have not used it a ton yet. Wanted a mechanical clutch drill, and the only one I could still find available was the M12 Fuel with the impact driver. I HATE the electric clutch M18 drill/driver. It's a great drill but the clutch is far too aggressive for use as a driver IMO. I'm still eyeing up the M18 grease gun.

This weekends fun..................all the grass around the patio died, despite being watered 2x a day for a month. Dug into it and found out why, apparently they used the trash they dug out, then must've beat it with the plate compactor too. Rock solid berm of clay. No wonder the grass grew for bit and died. On top of that an inch or less of **** poor topsoil. Well dug it all the hell out. 3 yards out, 4 yards in. All by hand. Every muscle from my waist to my neck hurts like hell. I need a backhoe, too old for this ****. Lol.

Before

Trash

Trash gone

New, good topsoil, graded, seeded, and ready for water in and straw.

Another angle

Next weekend is the Hershey RV show. Then dethatch, aerate, and overseed the yard. Still have the other part behind the camper to dig all up and fix. All comes back to if you want it done right you gotta do it yourself. I'm getting a backhoe in for that!

Quick Reply: Today is the day........