6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Dpf & egr rookie questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 12:07 PM
SultanGris
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SavageNFS
Couple of questions.
you said it worked fine before you updated the firmware...
-Do you not have a copy of the original firmware?
-Was this sent to you by SPE or did you get this from H&S?
-What version were you running and what version are you running now?
-Street tuner or race tuner...what is the sku on the tuner?
No copy of original and I'm not sure what version it was, whatever was on the last batch they produced I presume, got from h&s website. It's impossible to go back though due to the auto update software used to flash, I couldn't find a manual version that lets me pick the file. Have latest version now.

Mini max street tuner I think. It asked if emissions were present when installing the tune pre flash, now it does not. What's a sku and where do I find it?

Old 03-24-2015, 02:58 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,178 Likes on 2,243 Posts
The sku would be on the box or you can find it on the info page in the tuner menus. If it is a street tuner, I don't know if my software will work or not. I have v.26 and v.28 available if you want. I am running v.28, but mine is the race tuner or sku#1009003. I have no idea if you can fun that firmware or not.

Old 03-24-2015, 03:01 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by SultanGris
No copy of original and I'm not sure what version it was, whatever was on the last batch they produced I presume, got from h&s website. It's impossible to go back though due to the auto update software used to flash, I couldn't find a manual version that lets me pick the file. Have latest version now.

Mini max street tuner I think. It asked if emissions were present when installing the tune pre flash, now it does not. What's a sku and where do I find it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stock_keeping_unit = part number.

Old 03-24-2015, 03:02 PM
SultanGris
Elder User
The sku would be on the box or you can find it on the info page in the tuner menus. If it is a street tuner, I don't know if my software will work or not. I have v.26 and v.28 available if you want. I am running v.28, but mine is the race tuner or 1009003. I have no idea if you can fun that firmware or not.
How would you even load it? The only program I found is automatic and checks version,

109007 on the box

Old 03-24-2015, 03:51 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
You have to manually load it, but it's not a good idea if you are not familiar with the process. I have no way to determine if the versions I have will work on a street tuner. I will say that buying a new card, formatting out and doing a full clean install is worth trying. Cards are cheap. Not sure if you use the upload from H & S or from SPE.

Old 03-24-2015, 04:16 PM
SultanGris
Elder User
You have to manually load it, but it's not a good idea if you are not familiar with the process. I have no way to determine if the versions I have will work on a street tuner. I will say that buying a new card, formatting out and doing a full clean install is worth trying. Cards are cheap. Not sure if you use the upload from H & S or from SPE.
From h&s, spe doesn't have anything to do with firmware as far as I know.

I've found no info anywhere dealing with manual firmware updates. Can you point me to the process please?

Old 03-24-2015, 04:57 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Originally Posted by SultanGris
From h&s, spe doesn't have anything to do with firmware as far as I know.

I've found no info anywhere dealing with manual firmware updates. Can you point me to the process please?
It's not really a process it's going on the card, removing the old files and inserting the new ones. You can go to here:

https://hsperformance.com/manual-updates/

and download a complete new card. Just buy a new memory card and install it to the new card. Install into your MM and update.

Old 03-24-2015, 05:04 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I drew the rep gun, pulled the trigger, and it clicked....
Reps intended Andre', folks like you make this a great place!

Old 03-24-2015, 05:08 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Thanks Mitch...I just can't stand that he is in the spot he is in. It's driving me crazy

Old 03-24-2015, 05:59 PM
Glittle
Senior User
I'm not trying to hijack the thread..., but I just purchased the MCC software and am about to pull the trigger on some custom tunes from Gearhead. With all the non-support from H&S, I am a little nervous about this process and having something go wrong. I am trying to ensure that everything is up to date with my MM before I start. I am not experiencing any issues. I just want to make sure all is good before I start this process.

Can anyone confirm the latest version for the MM for a 2014? I am showing that I have 6.8.14 and the MCC instructions are stating that if I don't have 6.8.32, I need to update the firmware. I have successfully went through the automatic update process a couple times and the updater is stating that everything is up to date with TV 6.8.14 as my current firmware version. I am debating doing a full install on a new/formatted card to see if that'll get it to TV 6.8.32. I had 6.8.14 when I purchased my MM.

Anyone have any input or advice here?

Thanks!

Last edited by Glittle; 03-24-2015 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Edited to clarify a couple things.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:14 PM
SultanGris
Elder User
Hrm, on the h&s forum they said it was impossible to go back to previous version. I thought the firmware was on internal memory separate from the card, like a computer bios. Been scared to mess with the files on the card cause I'm 1500 miles from my parts and don't want to brick it worse. Can't afford to be left with a non drivable truck

Old 03-24-2015, 06:40 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
@ SG...Firmware is stored on the MM, but the source is the card and it's extracted from the card during the firmware upgrade. That's why I suggested to copy a full new card to a new card and try updating the firmware that way. If it works, great. If it doesn't then you can always reinstall the card in there now and reflash back to what you have now.

@Glittle...I wish I could confirm for you, but I can't. I stopped updating at v.28 and haven't kept track beyond that. I would follow the instructions they sent you to the letter is the best advice I can give you.

Old 03-24-2015, 06:50 PM
Glittle
Senior User
@Glittle...I wish I could confirm for you, but I can't. I stopped updating at v.28 and haven't kept track beyond that. I would follow the instructions they sent you to the letter is the best advice I can give you.
Thanks Andre. So, when you are saying you are at v.28, does that mean you are at 6.8.28? I am not aware of how the versions progressed. Did the last two digits increase as the later releases were available?

Old 03-24-2015, 10:34 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Glittle

Thanks Andre. So, when you are saying you are at v.28, does that mean you are at 6.8.28? I am not aware of how the versions progressed. Did the last two digits increase as the later releases were available?
Yes and yes....sorry.

Old 03-26-2015, 08:00 AM
Glittle
Senior User
Yes and yes....sorry.
I may be just fine. The only thing I can think is that your tuner is a previous part number and mine is newer. Thus, not as many versions out for it as yours. I don't know my part#, but it does not have a serial number.

Quick Reply: Dpf & egr rookie questions