6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Duallys Only

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 08:02 PM
dualwheels66
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The 66 in my user name is the year I was born, so that means I am 50 today!!!!!! I feel the need to buy some LEDs.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:02 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Happy Birthday young man!!!

Old 01-08-2016, 09:17 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,997 Likes on 1,600 Posts
Originally Posted by dualwheels66
The 66 in my user name is the year I was born, so that means I am 50 today!!!!!! I feel the need to buy some LEDs.
Happy Birthday..........

Old 01-08-2016, 09:18 PM
hoseclamp
Elder User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Indeed happy birthday!!!!

Old 01-09-2016, 07:17 AM
dualwheels66
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes still young and young at heart. I firmly believe that positive thinking and not dwelling on the negative things in life, has a benefit to a healthy life. Of course hard work and exercise play a part but not stressing about things you can't control is a great benefit. Avoid the drama.

Old 01-09-2016, 07:43 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,160 Likes on 1,689 Posts
Ah yer gonna make me cry ^^^^^^

Old 01-09-2016, 07:45 AM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,630 Likes on 1,644 Posts
Originally Posted by dualwheels66
Yes still young and young at heart. I firmly believe that positive thinking and not dwelling on the negative things in life, has a benefit to a healthy life. Of course hard work and exercise play a part but not stressing about things you can't control is a great benefit. Avoid the drama.
👍👍👍👍Happy birthday, young timer!

Old 01-09-2016, 08:44 AM
17 Oaks
Logistics Pro
Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by dlibson
You should have a rider for it. Many times, you won't get paid for it otherwise.
You should not need a rider. I haul my Truck Camper in the bed of my truck. A new one like I own would run well over $60k. I contacted my ins co and they stated no problemo you are covered, no extra cost. Then I just did not really believe that and I elevated it to higher level in Mgt and he concurred...then I started running different scenarios past him if things that could happen...ALL covered at no additional cost.

BUT what he did say: Which I learned (the hard way) many years ago...Take lots and LOTS of pics. Front, back, bonus points of you have pics of it being installed and take a pic of the sales receipt.

Several years ago we had a hard freeze, it overcame my heater I had out in the well house. Everything froze and I ended up spending over $3000 large to get it fixed. But in today's iPhone world I got a camera and as I always do I took lots of pics of the damage and pics of the company that did all the repairs and pulled the pump motor from 628 feet down the well.

Time goes by and I am reading about allt he insur claims a couple of years ago for home water well damage...WHAT??? So I call my ins company and they say sure, but time has passed and it will be difficult to honor your claim for ice damage with no ice (this is summer time). I say no problem, I got pics, LOTS of pics.. I sent them about 50 fotos and got everything covered and had no out of pocket costs anymore...

Take away: Your camera is your friend and a pic is worth a 1000 words...

Old 01-09-2016, 09:49 AM
dlibson
Hotshot
Originally Posted by 17 Oaks
You should not need a rider. I haul my Truck Camper in the bed of my truck. A new one like I own would run well over $60k. I contacted my ins co and they stated no problemo you are covered, no extra cost. Then I just did not really believe that and I elevated it to higher level in Mgt and he concurred...then I started running different scenarios past him if things that could happen...ALL covered at no additional cost.

BUT what he did say: Which I learned (the hard way) many years ago...Take lots and LOTS of pics. Front, back, bonus points of you have pics of it being installed and take a pic of the sales receipt.

Several years ago we had a hard freeze, it overcame my heater I had out in the well house. Everything froze and I ended up spending over $3000 large to get it fixed. But in today's iPhone world I got a camera and as I always do I took lots of pics of the damage and pics of the company that did all the repairs and pulled the pump motor from 628 feet down the well.

Time goes by and I am reading about allt he insur claims a couple of years ago for home water well damage...WHAT??? So I call my ins company and they say sure, but time has passed and it will be difficult to honor your claim for ice damage with no ice (this is summer time). I say no problem, I got pics, LOTS of pics.. I sent them about 50 fotos and got everything covered and had no out of pocket costs anymore...

Take away: Your camera is your friend and a pic is worth a 1000 words...
It also depends on the state. Here in MN, if you don't list it and cover it, you won't get paid. If it's someone else's fault, then you will,

Old 01-09-2016, 10:33 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
It also depends on the state. Here in MN, if you don't list it and cover it, you won't get paid. If it's someone else's fault, then you will,
.....and Minnesota is (unfortunately) a NO FAULT INSURANCE state which means that in the case of a wreck, your own insurance covers the damages for your own vehicle - same with the other guy. After the fact the insurance companies determine fault and will settle up between them. This is according to my insurance agent who knows his business well.. Also, they will cover personal property up to 10% of the vehicle value in "some" cases. IE if your homeowner's coverage does not cover it.

Not all states are the same the way I understand it.... Looks like I will be learning AZ and SD insurance laws pretty soon as I will likely be changing my state of residence.

Old 01-09-2016, 11:24 AM
dlibson
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Big-Foot
.....and Minnesota is (unfortunately) a NO FAULT INSURANCE state which means that in the case of a wreck, your own insurance covers the damages for your own vehicle - same with the other guy. After the fact the insurance companies determine fault and will settle up between them. This is according to my insurance agent who knows his business well.. Also, they will cover personal property up to 10% of the vehicle value in "some" cases. IE if your homeowner's coverage does not cover it.

Not all states are the same the way I understand it.... Looks like I will be learning AZ and SD insurance laws pretty soon as I will likely be changing my state of residence.
Correct, even if one person admits fault, the adjusters still determine after the fact and it gets rated as such. My wife is an insurance agent, so I hear about it all the time. Some agents or companies write in a set amount to cover personal property or add ons, some don't. Also, people think their trailers and boat (or whatever) are covered if they are towing. That's not true though. If the boat is covered, the trailer is. If the snowmobile is covered, the trailer is. Otherwise, none of it is covered. Your SXS isn't covered in the camper either just cause the camper is.

Old 01-09-2016, 11:43 AM
ZooDad
Received 591 Likes on 344 Posts
Correct, even if one person admits fault, the adjusters still determine after the fact and it gets rated as such. My wife is an insurance agent, so I hear about it all the time. Some agents or companies write in a set amount to cover personal property or add ons, some don't. Also, people think their trailers and boat (or whatever) are covered if they are towing. That's not true though. If the boat is covered, the trailer is. If the snowmobile is covered, the trailer is. Otherwise, none of it is covered. Your SXS isn't covered in the camper either just cause the camper is.
I experienced similar. In our toy hauler we had 4 quads. Creeps cut the locks, stole one. (Camped out in the trailer the next night and caught them both, they went to jail and I got my quad back) but it was not covered by trailer insurance because it had a VIN. So needless to say, everything is now insured inside and out.

Keith

Old 01-09-2016, 12:12 PM
Y2KW57
Received 3,344 Likes on 1,752 Posts
Originally Posted by ZooDad
(Camped out in the trailer the next night and caught them both, they went to jail and I got my quad back)

Sah-Wheet! Wish you had that on video! I'll bet I'm not the only person here who would like to hear more details on that story. Talk about putting a hole in those thieves' plans, I'd say they got zoodadded! Poetic justice!

Old 01-09-2016, 12:58 PM
dlibson
Hotshot
The simple rules for insurance is this; if it can be insured on its own, it won't be covered by something else.

Good to hear you busted the worthless thrives though!

Old 01-09-2016, 01:28 PM
Y2KW57
Received 3,344 Likes on 1,752 Posts
I've been with the same insurance company 35 years, with no accidents, no automotive claims, and never a late premium. Heck, my insurance agent has changed three times out of the same office, but I remain rock steady, never shopping for a better deal, when I know they're out there. Maybe they'd be understanding, but regardless, I'm taking photographs like 17 Oaks suggests. I do have all the receipts.

Quick Reply: Duallys Only