6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

2015 SuperDuty PSD orders - post your info here!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 11:55 AM
porthole
Cargo Master

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by purplewg
Humm, I have seen the wide track front axle option. Is it buried in another option package?
I think when it first was announced it was listed as a heavy duty towing package etc.

On the latest build sheets there are now two options, the wide track axle package and the 4.30 rear axle option.

Now, if they would just offer the 450 with a 4.10 or 3.73 I'd be ready now to upgrade.

Old 07-31-2014, 06:41 AM
purplewg
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by porthole
I think when it first was announced it was listed as a heavy duty towing package etc.

On the latest build sheets there are now two options, the wide track axle package and the 4.30 rear axle option.

Now, if they would just offer the 450 with a 4.10 or 3.73 I'd be ready now to upgrade.
Yeah, it looks like I would have to get the 4.30 gears to get the wide track. I really didn't want 4.30's so I guess I will just forget it. I wanted Electric locker also but available in DRW F350 in 3.73. Guess I will get the Limited Slip 3.73. I guess I have about everything figured out now. I will be heading to dealer this weekend to get it on order.

Old 08-02-2014, 06:56 AM
purplewg
Laughing Gas
Place my order last night for a F350 Super Cab dually in Magnetic.
Lariat Package
6.7 Diesel
3.73 Limited Slip
A/T Tires
FX4 Package
Heavy Service Front End
Gooseneck Hitch
Tailgate step
Spray in Bed liner
Door opener
Upfitter Switches
Splash Guards

They only want to give me $13,000 for my 2004 Lariat with 81,000 after saying "wow this truck is in really nice shape".

Old 08-02-2014, 07:10 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,200 Likes on 574 Posts
Place my order last night for a F350 Super Cab dually in Magnetic.
Lariat Package
6.7 Diesel
3.73 Limited Slip
A/T Tires
FX4 Package
Heavy Service Front End
Gooseneck Hitch
Tailgate step
Spray in Bed liner
Door opener
Upfitter Switches
Splash Guards

They only want to give me $13,000 for my 2004 Lariat with 81,000 after saying "wow this truck is in really nice shape".

Congrats!! I looked at KBB and guessed at your options. They come up with 13.6 to 15.9 in good condition. In very good it goes from 14k to 16k. These are trade prices so it would seem the dealer is low. Remember though, you don't pay sales tax on the portion of the new truck that is covered by the trade so no sales tax on 13k of your purchase. Helps a little...

Old 08-02-2014, 08:07 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congratz on the order purple..

The deal on your trade might be reflective of the dollars off on the new truck. That's the way it worked out for me.. They gave me more for my trades and just a little bit off of the sticker price. In the end, it's all about how much I had to give them for the new truck.

Old 08-02-2014, 02:58 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
[QUOTE=purplewg;14552115]Place my order last night for a F350 Super Cab dually in Magnetic.
Lariat Package
6.7 Diesel
3.73 Limited Slip
A/T Tires
FX4 Package
Heavy Service Front End
Gooseneck Hitch
Tailgate step
Spray in Bed liner
Door opener
Upfitter Switches
Splash Guards

They only want to give me $13,000 for my 2004 Lariat with 81,000 after saying "wow this truck is in really nice shape".[/QUOT

So heavy service front end, dose that mean wide track? And if so, you can get the 3.73 rear end? Thanks,

Old 08-02-2014, 03:31 PM
purplewg
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by Bonanza35

So heavy service front end, dose that mean wide track? And if so, you can get the 3.73 rear end? Thanks,
No it is not a wide track. Wide track comes with the High Capacity Trailer Tow Package 535. It requires a 4.30 gear. That is why I didn't get it. What I got is 1 step up from the stock front spring rate.

Old 08-03-2014, 06:28 AM
purplewg
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Congrats!! I looked at KBB and guessed at your options. They come up with 13.6 to 15.9 in good condition. In very good it goes from 14k to 16k. These are trade prices so it would seem the dealer is low. Remember though, you don't pay sales tax on the portion of the new truck that is covered by the trade so no sales tax on 13k of your purchase. Helps a little...

I forgot to mention, he said by the time my new truck gets here my old truck will worth about $1000 less. lol

He might be in for a surprise when the new one shows and he tries to low ball me. I am not beyond telling him to give me my money back and walking out. They just don't know me very well. He said my truck depreciates at about $750 per month. That would mean in a years time or so my truck would be worthless. lol

Old 08-03-2014, 06:59 AM
System
Prolocutor
I forgot to mention, he said by the time my new truck gets here my old truck will worth about $1000 less. lol

He might be in for a surprise when the new one shows and he tries to low ball me. I am not beyond telling him to give me my money back and walking out. They just don't know me very well. He said my truck depreciates at about $750 per month. That would mean in a years time or so my truck would be worthless. lol
Not that I don't agree with you 100% but remember this. Deposits on ordered vehicles can be kept by the dealer if you walk. Deposits on in stock vehicles must be returned by law. So, if the dealer wants to get nasty, you could be out your deposit. On the other hand, if your truck is that clean, you very likely can do much better selling it outright. Either way, congratulations again on the order. The waiting is the hard part. Buying some accessories can help pass the time...

PS As to your truck depreciating another 1000 by the time the new one comes in, that's not the way for a dealer to do things. When I ordered my last two Ford trucks the trade price was agreed on and put in writing at the time of order. One truck was 8 weeks out. The one before it was 11 weeks due to ordering right before a job change. Price was the price. And, according to KBB it was the value or the truck at the time of the order, not a guess of it's value in 8-10 weeks. Strange way to order with that dealer of yours. Also, if you did not get invoice or under invoice pricing, get a X-Plan pin. I joined EAA and generated a pin right from their website. Cost me $40. You just have to let the dealer know in advance that you are using a pin nod you get a slightly under invoice price with no haggling. Some big city dealers will give you the price with no pin but in smaller markets you have to work the deal a little harder and the pin helps.

Old 08-03-2014, 07:41 AM
purplewg
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat
Not that I don't agree with you 100% but remember this. Deposits on ordered vehicles can be kept by the dealer if you walk. Deposits on in stock vehicles must be returned by law. So, if the dealer wants to get nasty, you could be out your deposit. On the other hand, if your truck is that clean, you very likely can do much better selling it outright. Either way, congratulations again on the order. The waiting is the hard part. Buying some accessories can help pass the time...
I am going to try and sell it outright. You may be right but I did not sign a single paper. I did hand them a deposit check though. It took me a while to even get them to give me a receipt for the check.

They did not even show me the work up sheet. I happened to be able to see the trade in line across the table and it showed $1000 less than he had told me. I pointed to it and said, 'that is not going to happen'. The lady said, "oh we will work that out later".

I am not trying to back out it's just the principle of him wanting to give less in 6 weeks or so knowing his first offer was low to begin with.

Old 08-03-2014, 07:44 AM
System
Prolocutor
I am going to try and sell it outright. You may be right but I did not sign a single paper. I did hand them a deposit check though. It took me a while to even get them to give me a receipt for the check.

They did not even show me the work up sheet. I happened to be able to see the trade in line across the table and it showed $1000 less than he had told me. I pointed to it and said, 'that is not going to happen'. The lady said, "oh we will work that out later".

I am not trying to back out it's just the principle of him wanting to give less in 6 weeks or so knowing his first offer was low to begin with.
We were typing at the same time. See my PS above. I'd get back there and demand the order sheet and a P&S agreement. Seems crazy they just take the check and say goodbye. There may be no malicious intent and maybe they are just old fashioned, buuuttttttt.....

Old 08-03-2014, 08:45 AM
pacnorwest
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Same here. I got a receipt but signed nothing.
It works for me. Down was $500.
The dealer's sales guy is okay. . .straight to the point, all card on the table face up.

Old 08-03-2014, 09:10 AM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
Just had a friend buy a 14 F350 CC LB single rear wheels. He hates it because it has bad body roll. He came from a 06 CC LB DRW's, he took it back. He said it didn't even have sway bar's. I didn't think they made them without sway bar's. The dealer is trying to work something out. He also told me his diesel mechanic said there is know difference between the 15 and 14 engine accept tuning. I told him to try and get his money back and go else where. Don't know what's going to happen.

Old 08-03-2014, 09:27 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,166 Likes on 1,691 Posts
Originally Posted by Bonanza35
Just had a friend buy a 14 F350 CC LB single rear wheels. He hates it because it has bad body roll. He came from a 06 CC LB DRW's, he took it back. He said it didn't even have sway bar's. I didn't think they made them without sway bar's. The dealer is trying to work something out. He also told me his diesel mechanic said there is NO difference between the 15 and 14 engine accept tuning. I told him to try and get his money back and go else where. Don't know what's going to happen.
I call bs on that one, plus they all have front sway bars, does your friend have a slide in camper........

Old 08-03-2014, 10:48 AM
DomsF250
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn fine looking truck. When I hit the lottery, I will buy a new one.

Quick Reply: 2015 SuperDuty PSD orders - post your info here!