Nevada's March BS Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 01:10 AM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by 700hauler
Hey everyone. So what are the good spots to pick some parts around these parts? (Reno/Carson area) I was at the Reno Pick N Pull today and was quite dissapoiinted in their "selection". I'm looking for a tailgate for my 77 as well as some trim items. Any suggestions?
Good Night Nevada

From my experience Reno Auto Wrecking, Gentry Auto Wrecking in Reno. Then as Donna said Mound House. & Carson City Pick & Pull the last time I was there was way better than Reno.
I have done a lot of business with Reno Auto Wrecking on 4th St.
FWIW I lived in Northern Nevada for over 55 years.

Old 03-27-2014, 02:28 AM
700hauler
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kermmydog
Good Night Nevada

From my experience Reno Auto Wrecking, Gentry Auto Wrecking in Reno. Then as Donna said Mound House. & Carson City Pick & Pull the last time I was there was way better than Reno.
I have done a lot of business with Reno Auto Wrecking on 4th St.
FWIW I lived in Northern Nevada for over 55 years.
Thanks for the input Kermmy. My experience with Reno Auto Wrecking on 4th is that they deal primarily with new(er) trucks. I have gone their for my 01 F350 but I have never seen 70s model trucks there. I will definitely be checking out Carson and Moundhouse. The Reno Pick & Pull was a joke. Hopefully the Carson area produces. I don't want to have to order bigger ticket items online...

Old 03-27-2014, 08:06 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Goodmorning Nevada & FTE friends

YEAH...it's Thursday! How's my guys this morning?
The weekend's almost here (thank God) & it feels like this week has been draggin' on forever.

What are your plans for today?

I really should wrap Kaedons birthday gifts & get the house/carpets cleaned before her party this weekend, but I keep procrastinating. LOL!
*Can you tell I'm not looking forward to doing housework?*

Oh yah... Buck, are you coming in this morning? If so, does anyone want to meet up at Mills Park or Carson Pick n Pull for a small GTG? We could all meet there & then decide what to do if our schedules allow?!

Have a great day

Attached Images   
Old 03-27-2014, 08:53 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 224 Likes on 182 Posts
Good morning Nevada, happy Thursday! Damn wind yesterday ripped some of the aluminum cladding off of our house, so I need to call around to get that fixed. UG.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:31 AM
700hauler
Mountain Pass
Donna I wont be able to make it over there until about 2pm today. The wife worked last night so I am watching the little one while she gets a little sleep. I am good with meeting up then if anyone is available.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:41 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 128 Likes on 123 Posts
Happy Thirsty Thursday Nevada FTE and friends.

Well, the birthday party this weekend has been cancelled, so I will just go over today and giver her the gifts I bought her. Wrapped them all up in a Derrel's Mini Storage box. She is eight, I doubt she will care, she will most likely be more interested in what is in the box, not what it says on the outside.

Jim

Old 03-27-2014, 10:52 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Originally Posted by Nighteyez
Happy Thirsty Thursday Nevada FTE and friends.

Well, the birthday party this weekend has been cancelled, so I will just go over today and giver her the gifts I bought her. Wrapped them all up in a Derrel's Mini Storage box. She is eight, I doubt she will care, she will most likely be more interested in what is in the box, not what it says on the outside.

Jim
Aaawww, sorry to hear that. Well, send Birthday wishes to her for me please.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:58 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Donna I wont be able to make it over there until about 2pm today. The wife worked last night so I am watching the little one while she gets a little sleep. I am good with meeting up then if anyone is available.
Ok, I'm sure we can figure something out. I have to watch my 2 y/o granddaughter later today, so maybe I can just pick her up in Dayton & bring her with me. How old is your lil' one? Maybe if they're around the same age, they could have a play date?!

Old 03-27-2014, 11:33 AM
700hauler
Mountain Pass
My little one is only 4 and a half months old. It would be kinda tough to take her part pickin with me so that's why I am kinda stuck until mommy gets some rest. ...One day she will be helping daddy pull parts though

Old 03-27-2014, 02:40 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

My little one is only 4 and a half months old. It would be kinda tough to take her part pickin with me so that's why I am kinda stuck until mommy gets some rest. ...One day she will be helping daddy pull parts though
Aawww...how precious! What a fun age. I miss those days! Is she your 1st?
I have 3 kids...Cambria - 23 (married), Karl - 15, & Kaedon - 14 tomorrow Plus Athena , my 2 y/o granddaughter.

Boy, do I feel old. LOL!

Old 03-27-2014, 03:06 PM
700hauler
Mountain Pass
Yep shes our first. So much fun.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:59 PM
Raleigh1
Elder User
I got a crap load of parts yesterday, this weekend I and going to be putting those parts on the Bronco, super excited!

A shot of my wife and the Bronco...

Old 03-27-2014, 10:03 PM
700hauler
Mountain Pass
Welp, I was able to pick up a tailgate for my troubles today. It wasnt cheap but I was able to snag a pretty decent shape tailgate with the "FORD" stamped into it (instead of the aluminum FORD panel setup)and all of the needed hardware. Pretty happy about it. And its white to boot so it will go with the current paint on the truck....Now to just unload this bulky Caravan Camper thats on the truck

Also got to meet Donna (olfthfl) as I was passing through Stagecoach. It was nice meeting you today Donna! Look forward to future get togethers.

Old 03-28-2014, 07:44 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 224 Likes on 182 Posts
Good morning Nevada, it's finally Friday!!!

Oh, and a big happy 14th Birthday to Kaedon!!

Old 03-28-2014, 08:08 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Good morning guys,

Wakey, wakey...rise n shine
Woohoo! It's finally Friday.

Buck -It was great meeting you yesterday. Thank you for stopping in Stagecoach on your way to Fallon. I'm glad you were able to find a tailgate for your truck. I hope Little John didn't charge you a whole bunch. I know he's pricey compared to others, but like I mentioned...when other places don't have what you're looking for, he's probably got it.

On a different note,
Kaedons 14th birthday is today!

I did manage to get her gifts wrapped & pick up around the house yesterday. Now I just have to actually clean. BLAH!

Have a Fabulous Friday & a fun filled weekend.

Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Nevada's March BS Thread