Arizona Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

2014 Daily Chat

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 01:58 AM
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Posting Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Also, only Chicago-land and East St Louis are the only areas that require smog checks and such. No inspection needed for me

-THe Great

Old 01-24-2014, 11:35 AM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by CLINT-THE-GREAT
You're exactly right. Everywhere outside the Chicago-land area is pretty conservative. But like other big cities, they just outvote the rest of the state. Even tho its a small part (landwise). ACtually when they passed the law in Jun for conceal and carry, there were a bunch of counties that were ALLOWING it even tho it hadn't been set up. But of course you won't be able to carry in Cook (Crook) County aka Chicago. LOL even tho you need a gun there out of anywhere!!! lol

-The Great
Good Morning Clint & Everyone.

That is the situation in many States. Nevada is a Blue State because of Las Vegas & Reno. The rest of the State is Red but is outvoted. There are more people in the Las Vegas Metro are than the rest of the State. I was talking to a snowbird here from Indiana & he said pretty much the same thing there.
Isn't it funny that the places that outlaw guns are the most violate & have more shootings than anywhere. How can a place like Chicago have any gun murders? I thought guns were illegal?

Old 01-24-2014, 12:50 PM
Bill W
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ugh... I have been having some serious allergy attacks the last 24 hours. i don't know which is worse? the allergy or the allergy PILL.

Old 01-24-2014, 03:42 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Howdy az gang tons of fun going on over here trying to find what I need.
Trav

Old 01-24-2014, 03:59 PM
vwfreak
More Turbo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bill, an allergy pill AND some bourbon will induce a wonderful night's sleep!

Trav, I'm getting ready to collect a few items myself. Thinking of adding disks to the front of my F250.

JIM

Old 01-24-2014, 05:21 PM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Didn't 67 trucks have disk brakes up front?
I just happen to have a part that only 2 places that I have found can get ahold of. 1 is a local trans shop for $35 then bronco graveyard for $22 both include shipping to wherever. Just a little plastic gear that goes on the transfer case to drive the speedometer. I am hoping the local scrap yard has one when I go.
Trav

Old 01-24-2014, 05:25 PM
vwfreak
More Turbo
Trav,

Nah, disks weren't on trucks until '68 I don't believe. Either way my '67 has 2.5" drums all around. They work and have been recently gone through, but I think disks would be best especially since I have to rebuild the front anyway with new bushings and king pins. Might as well while it's all apart.

JIM

Old 01-24-2014, 07:57 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Good Evening Bill, Jim & Trav.

Heading out in the morning to bargain hunt at some yard sales.

Bill, eat a couple of Habanaro's & you'll forget all about the allergies. Signed Dr Craig.

Jim, tighten up the seat belt a notch or two after you install a set of front discs.

Trav, I hope the yards up there are better than here. They want half of high new price.

But prices for almost everything here in Bullhead are high except gas. propane $3.39/gal.
Ash Fork $2.49/gal. Office visit at the Vets here $57 in Kingman $20.

Old 01-24-2014, 10:03 PM
vwfreak
More Turbo
Craig,

I'll need to once i build a 445 stroker for this thing....

JIM

Old 01-25-2014, 09:31 AM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Smile

Originally Posted by vwfreak
Craig,

I'll need to once i build a 445 stroker for this thing....

JIM
Good Morning Everyone.

Jim, Yea, along with a neck restraint. LOL

Old 01-25-2014, 10:17 AM
Redneckfordf2502002
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by vwfreak
Trav,

Nah, disks weren't on trucks until '68 I don't believe. Either way my '67 has 2.5" drums all around. They work and have been recently gone through, but I think disks would be best especially since I have to rebuild the front anyway with new bushings and king pins. Might as well while it's all apart.

JIM
That's cool hopefully you can get everything. Then again you are in phoenix area so more junkyards available.

Originally Posted by kermmydog
Good Evening Bill, Jim & Trav.

Heading out in the morning to bargain hunt at some yard sales.

Bill, eat a couple of Habanaro's & you'll forget all about the allergies. Signed Dr Craig.

Jim, tighten up the seat belt a notch or two after you install a set of front discs.

Trav, I hope the yards up there are better than here. They want half of high new price.

But prices for almost everything here in Bullhead are high except gas. propane $3.39/gal.
Ash Fork $2.49/gal. Office visit at the Vets here $57 in Kingman $20.
They usually are better but it helps that I know and sometimes work with the scrap yard owner so I can get things better. I got from him one time 2 87-91 headlights and 2 91 fuel tanks all for free. There is one up here though that wants store prices then they charge restocking fee (and throw it on the ground) plus they have the worse customer service available. I went one day looking to possibly get a complete truck that is close to all together and I asked the price on a 80s ford and never got a response.

Howdy Az gang. Hopefully today will figure out a few other things. Yesterday the chevy ran out of gas and we put more in and it didn't want to start till halfway home. We had it towed halfway home by a buddy of ours. Then my dad stopped for a second tried starting it and drove the rest of the way home no problems. Sometimes this chevy can be a pain. (but then again it is carbed and I do hate carbs more then EFI.)
Trav

Old 01-25-2014, 07:45 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,757 Likes on 1,150 Posts
good evening all,

wasn't too happy today, had to go on a service call this morning (I hate weekend service calls) ( I do like weekend service call prices though) anyhow this was for a mine I do maintenance for, they have a CAT 245B series 2 track hoe and a D8 cat. the track hoe would only run for a few minutes and than bog down. found the problem, patched it up until Monday when CAT is open to get parts. so we decided to run it a while and see how it would run.
we started moving material and looking for gold and in 3 hours this is what we found! about $4,000.00

Old 01-25-2014, 11:38 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Good Evening Everyone.

Nice find Bart, did you tell them that aught about cover the call out & repair? LOL

Old 01-26-2014, 09:09 AM
Az_Ray
Senior User
Good morning AZ

Went to Four Peaks with my brother yesterday. Hike 4.5 miles to the saddle, ran out of daylight to go all the way to the top. It was a little slow going with all 3 little ones(7,4,and 2) they all did really well.

While coming home the back way via 188 to 87 south had a valve stem fail on the left rear tire. The steel wheel cut the tire up while getting pulled over. Looks like I'll be call that guy in Cali to order a couple more 37's. Wow that's a drop when you had 10in+ of side wall. Glad I had highlift with me. Factory jack was about an inch short. Took about 45 mins to change a 37, no to bad I think

Been looking around for someone that sells bolt-on metal valve stems.

Old 01-26-2014, 12:16 PM
Bill W
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice find Bart!

Howdy Everyone... still plugged up on the top end, i would try the hot peppers but there hard on the bottom end. I just can't win

Quick Reply: 2014 Daily Chat