Michigan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Toyman

IMPORTANT Michigan BS - Required Reading!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 07:59 AM
SDElwood
Hotshot
Received 621 Likes on 337 Posts
I saw a brown F-150 outside of Mill Steel twice this week...

Old 11-01-2017, 05:35 PM
FordBlueHeart
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TheBigBee
Torr if things keep up we will have the largest beer fridge made soon. 4.5 inches in Mancelona yesterday.
I'm not ready. I still need to get the bed liner and a couple piles of rock moved out of the driveway. Also need to cut up some junk osb so it can be thrown away. Then I can start thinking about getting the snowblower ready for its first use in 4 years!

Old 11-02-2017, 07:03 AM
TheBigBee
Cargo Master
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by SDElwood
I saw a brown F-150 outside of Mill Steel twice this week...
Must not have been looking very hard it was there since October 23rd. They made me stay for a week and a half i just got home this morning.

Old 11-02-2017, 07:04 AM
TheBigBee
Cargo Master
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by FordBlueHeart
I'm not ready. I still need to get the bed liner and a couple piles of rock moved out of the driveway. Also need to cut up some junk osb so it can be thrown away. Then I can start thinking about getting the snowblower ready for its first use in 4 years!
I agree not ready i need to mow the lawn and bag all the leaves at least one more time as well as fertilize my fruit trees and get the snowblower attached to the little deere.

Old 11-02-2017, 02:00 PM
SDElwood
Hotshot
Received 621 Likes on 337 Posts
Must not have been looking very hard it was there since October 23rd. They made me stay for a week and a half i just got home this morning.
Well I work in Grand Haven now, so I don't get to pass that way very often unless I'm headed to Koenes.

Old 11-02-2017, 09:30 PM
Chad149
Lead Driver
Received 516 Likes on 174 Posts
That kinda sucks Mike, bit of a drive for you now....

Old 11-03-2017, 04:56 PM
Toyman
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
ok, people need to slow down with all the breaking of their RV's......

Old 11-03-2017, 06:30 PM
jimmyv13
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Toyman
ok, people need to slow down with all the breaking of their RV's......
If we did, you wouldn’t have a job.

Old 11-03-2017, 06:38 PM
Toyman
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
I’m a little too busy though.... lol

Old 11-03-2017, 08:02 PM
Terryd91
Laughing Gas
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Hell mines self destructing, went to winterize it and noticed antifreeze pouring out r under the sink, the jam nut on the drain was lose and the trap was lose enough to separate. Need to get plumber putty to reset the drain tomorrow. City water has a leaks somewhere because it never built pressure running off the compressor. cleaning out the gutters I found a few places in the roof that where not sealed correctly, they missed half a seam on the back slide. If it burnt to the ground in the driveway I would be not one bit sad... Never buying a Heartland again.

Old 11-03-2017, 08:23 PM
FordBlueHeart
Logistics Pro
I agree not ready i need to mow the lawn and bag all the leaves at least one more time as well as fertilize my fruit trees and get the snowblower attached to the little deere.
No bagging for me. I just need to blow them into the woods.
I've got to do some more organizing in the garage before I feel comfortable parking the truck in there every night.
I'd like to to find (and afford) a berco snowblower attachment for my rider. I saw one on CL in Holland recently, but I have some large bills due like yesterday.

Old 11-03-2017, 08:30 PM
FordBlueHeart
Logistics Pro
I guess I might as well announce it here now, but I doubt anyone will be able to show up due to deer season and the short notice. My wife has planned an "open house" for November 17th. You all are invited to attend. Just let me know if you will so I can let her know. It's BYOB. I don't even know if we are having food or what.
I figure we'll have a FTE GTG next summer and go boating and hang out.

Old 11-03-2017, 08:33 PM
FordBlueHeart
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Terryd91
Hell mines self destructing, went to winterize it and noticed antifreeze pouring out r under the sink, the jam nut on the drain was lose and the trap was lose enough to separate. Need to get plumber putty to reset the drain tomorrow. City water has a leaks somewhere because it never built pressure running off the compressor. cleaning out the gutters I found a few places in the roof that where not sealed correctly, they missed half a seam on the back slide. If it burnt to the ground in the driveway I would be not one bit sad... Never buying a Heartland again.
That sucks Terry. It really makes me 2nd guess getting an RV unless I build it myself. I'm thinking of a home built slide in to begin with. Then I can take the truck and dirt bike for overnight rides.

Old 11-03-2017, 09:07 PM
Terryd91
Laughing Gas
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by FordBlueHeart
That sucks Terry. It really makes me 2nd guess getting an RV unless I build it myself. I'm thinking of a home built slide in to begin with. Then I can take the truck and dirt bike for overnight rides.
I kind of expected it, they are mass produced and built for profit. Still irritating to keep finding stuff wrong, whole in the awning from what looks like a screw driver and the **** poor performance of the brakes. Compared to a similar camper from another brand it was about $6-8k more, but you wouldn't know it from the build.

Honestly I would look at a tiny house. Most are built more to residential standards. It would have cost a bit more, and might not be as spacious but it would hold up better I bet.

Old 11-04-2017, 09:03 AM
FordBlueHeart
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Terryd91
I kind of expected it, they are mass produced and built for profit. Still irritating to keep finding stuff wrong, whole in the awning from what looks like a screw driver and the **** poor performance of the brakes. Compared to a similar camper from another brand it was about $6-8k more, but you wouldn't know it from the build.

Honestly I would look at a tiny house. Most are built more to residential standards. It would have cost a bit more, and might not be as spacious but it would hold up better I bet.
My wife and I have followed the tiny house "movement" for about 8 years. Long before the TV shows made them mainstream.
Our new house was built as small as possible, but still larger than we needed due to zoning restrictions emphasizing minimum square footage and footprint. We finished our basement simply because it was cheaper to do it now rather than as a project later on.
We originally wanted a somewhat tiny house, but Tara wasn't keen on how we would have to skirt the zoning laws to live in it.
This is where my slide in becomes an exercise in ideas tucked away in my head. I really want the ability to expose my wife to camping w/o scaring her away from the simple pleasures it can provide if executed properly.

Quick Reply: IMPORTANT Michigan BS - Required Reading!