Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 11:52 PM
ROKRAWL
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shot for buying a kit? Thats funny. Maybe I'm so tired from doing body work and wiring for the past month and working 50-60 hours a week that scavenging for parts is not an option. If there is a way to save some time and money I'm all for it. I'm tired of riding my bike to work and am looking to speed my project up a bit. Maybe you could help me. Can I borrow your welder? Actually, what are you doing tomorrow? Want to come and help me put it together? Well, if you want to I'll be in my garage, where you'll find me 4-5 days a week after work until the toothpicks won't hold my eyelids open any more.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:53 PM
keiths78f150
Posting Guru
Haha Just ignore that guy, he is ignorant. Anyway, just go to your local muffler shop. You will speed up your project and shouldn't be that costly.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:26 AM
Filthy Beast
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by keiths78f150
I think you are delusional.

Well, Sonny Boy...I suppose you were never told not to pass judgement on something of which you know...nothing. So I will try to put my last post in proper context and as succinctly as possible for you to try and comprehend.

Hypothetical case: You say you're going to build a "bad azz" motor. Fine, go for it. Time passes....you show up with a nice sounding vehicle. Pop the bonnet to reveal a Boss 429 mill with Jon Kaase's name all over it. You wrote a check...a paper mechanic. You didn't build it. All you did was put a couple nuts & bolts together and call it yours.

In my world, one doesn't take credit for someone else's idea, labor and end result and walk away fat, dumb and happy.

So, with that said, and keeping in the G rated spirit of this forum, I will concede that you appear to have more pride in (for example) paying $200.00 for pre-bent, cut to length, brake lines from LMC than buying a roll of line and fittings for $50 and doing it yourself.

That's all I have to say to you on this subject.

To the OP....if you're in my area, I'd be glad to help out.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:30 AM
Filthy Beast
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by HIO Silver
Cuz it's already done for them and it doesn't require much effort other than inserting tube A into tube B. Me? I got tired of ill-fitting and expensive "kits" in my younger days and bought a welder.

Heck, some in here apparently don't even know how to use Google to find the most mundane information like decoding a VIN or the data plate. I post the link for them to look it up themselves because I subscribe to:

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime".

Go fish.

Could not agree with you more, my friend!

Old 08-06-2013, 08:40 AM
keiths78f150
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Filthy Beast
Well, Sonny Boy...I suppose you were never told not to pass judgement on something of which you know...nothing. So I will try to put my last post in proper context and as succinctly as possible for you to try and comprehend.

Hypothetical case: You say you're going to build a "bad azz" motor. Fine, go for it. Time passes....you show up with a nice sounding vehicle. Pop the bonnet to reveal a Boss 429 mill with Jon Kaase's name all over it. You wrote a check...a paper mechanic. You didn't build it. All you did was put a couple nuts & bolts together and call it yours.

In my world, one doesn't take credit for someone else's idea, labor and end result and walk away fat, dumb and happy.

So, with that said, and keeping in the G rated spirit of this forum, I will concede that you appear to have more pride in (for example) paying $200.00 for pre-bent, cut to length, brake lines from LMC than buying a roll of line and fittings for $50 and doing it yourself.

That's all I have to say to you on this subject.

To the OP....if you're in my area, I'd be glad to help out.
Oh wow, big words. Cool. You are still delusional "Sonny Boy." We are talking about an exhaust kit and you are talking about people being SHOT...What a joke.

You try to act like some sort of true grit hard a$$, when in reality, you are just full of it. Why don't you just pull the gun and shoot the OP for wanting a kit...or is that only when you are barefoot, walking uphill both ways to get to school in the snow?

Old 08-06-2013, 08:49 AM
keiths78f150
Posting Guru
And I don't know why you are bringing up something about a motor build. We are talking about some bent exhaust tubing here. Did you slip and hit your head?

Old 08-06-2013, 08:58 AM
LI250
Senior User
Well there you go. Simple as that. I work 12-14 hour shifts 6 days a week and have kids to see on the seventh so I can take no credit for my truck. Good to know.

If you didn't strip the minerals from the ground and process them in your own foundry to make the iron that you poured into your self made casting to make your motor your a fooking ***** and should be shot.

I work my *** off to make the money I spend on my truck. Does that work count? If not Ill come by and clip your electrical service to your home seeing as how I made that electricity, so it's not yours. Fool.

Old 08-06-2013, 09:04 AM
keiths78f150
Posting Guru
Glad I am not the only one who thinks this guy is a fool.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:02 AM
ROKRAWL
Junior User
My home made, picked up by hand, stone fire pit can melt down rubber and I can make a form for some bad *** tires out of wood I cut and down and glue together with spit and dirt but to me it makes more sense to just go buy some new tires.

Found a local guy who does exhausts all day every day and can turn my truck around in a day. I'm going to go that route. My pride won't be hurt. The smell of gear oil when I walk into the wind and constant black under my fingernails will remind me every day that my truck was built and not bought.

Old 08-07-2013, 12:19 AM
MontanaboyDesigns
Senior User
I don't know about YOU people, but I straight up mined the ore and produced and rolled my own steel in my awesome steel factory out back. And then bent my own super rad dual pipes and bolted them onto my ground up Ford pickup that I also fabbed out back. Then Ford stole my ideas. So there.