1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

What has this forum become?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 07:10 PM
ZOOT
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fatfenders
Most of us that have been around long "get you". You are very knowledgeable but it isn't just about showing off. You spend an incredible amount of your time helping others. I swear I have read some of your stuff 50 times, when you coud have easily just told somebody to hit the search. I'm glad you don't because that doesn't make people feel welcome if they are new. (I know sometimes that is truly necessary so they can get the whole answer though).

So keep doing what you do. You have some strong opinions and when they are misguided or a little too passionate I will let you know just like always. Feel free to return the favor as I need it sometimes too. At the end of debate I, (and most others here I'm sure) still regard you as a good friend Chuck. I'm not callng you Chuckles cuz that's just feels weird.
I second that emotion. It just wouldn't be see same without ya, AX, Dean

Old 02-08-2013, 08:31 PM
Holehawgg
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been on this forum for only a year or so and even though my truck isn't as far along as I wished its definitely not the fault of this forum. Without this forum it would still be rusting away in the shed. I don't even bother with the other forum. You " Old timers" are a wealth of invaluable information that people like me rely on. The folks who come on here to cause trouble are missing the point and it sucks to be them. As for the rest of us, please keep up the great job of supplying the information we need to make our trucks a reality. I havent done much posting lately but I poke around here every day cause theres usually some info that I will need down the road. Keep it up boys. There's always a winer ( not winner) in every bunch.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:14 PM
kenjh
Posting Guru
OK ..with all the back patting going on here ..I gotta say you guy's have cost me sleepless nights ..skinned knuckles ,,greasy fingers..and hundred if not thousands of dollars ...I would never have rescued that damm orphan truck if you had not told me it was unique ..and special .....so one more Ford in the fleet ......and one more thing ,,what other sites are there ,,,??I found the ford barn ,,and HAMB ..an that was only cause you guy's talked about them ..so who is the competition to this place ??

Old 02-08-2013, 09:25 PM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Thanks for all the good words, knowing that what I have to say is useful to and appreciated by some of you keeps me wanting to keep posting. I only wish some of you could come here and learn hands on.

"You love me, you REALLY love me... "
S. Fields

Old 02-08-2013, 10:19 PM
Nuthin
Elder User
As long as the "keepers" outnumber the culls (and they DO); I'm OK with it. Like many have said, the ones just wanting to be an irritant will pack up and leave before long.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:56 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Nuthin
As long as the "keepers" outnumber the culls (and they DO); I'm OK with it. Like many have said, the ones just wanting to be an irritant will pack up and leave before long.
The only way I'll go if it's time to do a Willie on me.

Old 02-09-2013, 06:44 AM
jim collins
Cargo Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by kenjh
OK .. ,,what other sites are there ,,,??I found the ford barn ,,and HAMB ..an that was only cause you guy's talked about them ..so who is the competition to this place ??
This one F T E, along with "the Ford Barn , H.A.M.B. "are the only ones I know of for the 48 to 56 , the other four i belong to are for newer ones.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:19 AM
Aarons54f100
Senior User
I really enjoy reading through the forums daily. A lot of bright people and cool projects. Reading through the first couple of pages I just began to "duck for cover" as I am one of these younger new-comers. I hope I haven't offended anyone, I really do enjoy this website and will be even more active whenever I get my motor back and the weather warms up.

Old 02-09-2013, 09:54 AM
larryb346
Laughing Gas
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
This is from a reading called Desiderata and I read it every day I seems to me to put many things in perspective. I just posted a small part of the reading. I am well over 70 and been around hotrods and built them most of my life. I still know so little since there is so much to know about building cars and trucks. When someone post something irritating I just ignore it. If stupid stuff starts I try to hold my words and quit reading the post.
Larry

"Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time."

Old 02-09-2013, 10:43 AM
jniolon
old and in the way
Received 727 Likes on 259 Posts
Originally Posted by larryb346

"Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time."

Dang Larry !!!!! thanks for that !!!! it's going on the bathroom mirror. I've seen parts and pieces of that before but never the complete quote

I've got another favorite I try to remember every day and it's proven true a hundred and six times

Be kinder than necessary to all you meet for everyone has their own battle.

j

Old 02-09-2013, 11:26 AM
Sparky2531
Senior User
It appears that I'm, once again, late to the party...This is becoming a habit. I've relocated to SoCal for my winter job, and the 49' is sitting, waiting for warmer/drier weather. Meaning that I've been absent.
I think the FTE community as a whole is outstanding...but this forum specifically has the most helpful group of people around. I learn something every time I log in. Thanks to all...especially the Mods.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:05 PM
edzakory
Elder User
I have been spending time on another forum defending another freedom that I hold as dearly as that of the open road. As a respite from the hysteria, I harken back to the FTE to peruse the friendly advice and banter that I have come to enjoy and at times, engage in.

I have found this thread noteworthy as it reveals the many faces of human nature, albeit anonymously. Growing up in Pittsburgh, I learned early to sharpen my wit and grow a thick skin for insults were a part of everyday life. I quickly learned when I moved to Virginia, sensitivities ran high and that I “wasn’t in Kansas anymore”.

I try to add humor to my posts but realize that you run a risk of offending someone; certain topics are verboten and I apologize for being a bit crass. I have found the members of this forum to be helpful, compassionate, and for the most part, to have left their egos at the door.

This forum makes you proud to be a member. The respect that we share among ourselves is a dying virtue in America. For those that have not posted in a while, you fear for their well-being. You would feel safe inviting members that you never met into your home like a good neighbor (right Doc?). On other forums I have to take my blood pressure pills before I sign on; here it’s a natural placebo.

You take the good with the bad. In the long term, the good prevails.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:17 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Some very wise words appearing - Many thanks

Old 02-09-2013, 05:12 PM
ibuzzard
Panties NOT in a Twist

Received 290 Likes on 200 Posts
Originally Posted by 4tl8ford
The only way I'll go if it's time to do a Willie on me.
Not sure what you mean by that, Dick, but our U.K. Members might be guffawing about now.

The best people are here, without a doubt, and many regularly go far above and beyond duty to help others. I have been given assistance, and even parts, and have done the same for others as well. Most here gladly help others, without exploiting the generous natures of the majority of the members. Some of us are a bit old, crotchety and cantankerous, having slightly less patience than we did when younger, though we mean well. Well, usually I mean well.

The atmosphere can change from amusing,to entertaining,to enlightening, to angering , to embarrassing - sometimes all in the same thread.

FTE is different things to all its' different members, but it is a part of all their lives, in one way or another.

Old 02-09-2013, 06:19 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 843 Likes on 478 Posts
Originally Posted by ibuzzard
Not sure what you mean by that, Dick, but our U.K. Members might be guffawing about now.

The best people are here, without a doubt, and many regularly go far above and beyond duty to help others. I have been given assistance, and even parts, and have done the same for others as well. Most here gladly help others, without exploiting the generous natures of the majority of the members. Some of us are a bit old, crotchety and cantankerous, having slightly less patience than we did when younger, though we mean well. Well, usually I mean well.

The atmosphere can change from amusing,to entertaining,to enlightening, to angering , to embarrassing - sometimes all in the same thread.

FTE is different things to all its' different members, but it is a part of all their lives, in one way or another.
Somebody left the door unlocked AGAIN!

Quick Reply: What has this forum become?