6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 03:03 PM
CarlT100
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good one, Brett.

Roy, glad you arrived safely in the Seattle area.

Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee
The point earlier about everyone in a panic over this one, was that they waited until there was a storm in The Gulf, watched sensationalized news reports, got in a panic and stormed the stores as if there was something catastrophic on the way. One should always have a hurricane preparedness kit on standby and freshen the supplies every year at the beginning of the season. People around here are acting like chickens with their heads cut off over a weak tropical storm, and the news is reporting it as though a huge asteroid was heading directly to Houston from the farthest reaches of space.

Any rain we get will turn into runoff and cause more flooding, but the tides are only expected to increase about 2', and the winds MAY reach 35 mph sustained and 45 mph gusts in our area. We have stronger thunderstorms than that pretty routinely and the rain won't be much worse than what you just got.
Originally Posted by Dakster
Storms in Florida are no different. I too don't understand why most people don't have a kit and just refresh it. I've lost power at times for almost a month. In AK they tell us to have 3 weeks of food and supplies because if a quake or volcano happens it could take that long to get things back up there.
Doug and Dak, you are spot. Being prepared is simple and requires just a little bit of discipline. The news media is making this current disturbance seem like another Katrina.

Hi, Gerry. Hope you are having a good. It is beautiful here.

Old 06-16-2015, 03:37 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Carl, they were showing empty store shelves on the news this morning from all of the panicked sheeple here. So far, I have gotten 2" of rain, and one severe cell passed over with a tornado warning accompanying it. I never saw the tornado though. Mostly, it is a light and steady rain with mild winds at my place. They have practically shut down the city of Houston though, and officials have asked all businesses to allow their non-essential employees to go home. My company let all the wusses leave about 3 hours ago.

Old 06-16-2015, 04:20 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
LOL Doug on the wussies. I think you mispelled that word though, shouldn't it begin with another letter?

In Mitch's case, no so sure I want to be out on a rig during even a mild Tropical Storm.

Let us know on the Flash Iowa...

Old 06-16-2015, 04:49 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,664 Likes on 2,342 Posts
Prayers for all of you facing bad weather...

Old 06-16-2015, 05:10 PM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 83 Likes on 16 Posts
You all in the path of all this rain have my prayers going with you. The power of water can be amazing and destructive at the same time. Thought I'd do a little catching up on the reading. Tried to over the last couple of days, but was really busy at work. Only slept about 6 hours out the 50 hour shift, but there was NOT ONE TRUE emergency call both days! Just a bunch of BS. We love for people to call us out now for BS that doesn't need an ambulance, just so they will be seen faster if they go in by ambulance. So, to combat that, we now call the ER and tell them that the patient is able to go to "triage"! That really torques them, because they now get an enormous ambulance bill on top of the ER bill. It takes a big load off of the ER personnel to have only the really sick ones in the back. Had to take a nap today needless to say. About to go eat with the family. Have a good night guys.

Old 06-16-2015, 05:29 PM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,368 Likes on 1,732 Posts
Have a safe one Savage

good evening y'all

Old 06-16-2015, 06:19 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
They started doing that a long time ago here Monty....

Stay safe and dry everyone in the path of Bill...

Old 06-16-2015, 06:39 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Howdy again gang!

Monty, hope you get plenty of rest.

Thanks all for the support for the storm. Update here: The rain has stopped, as I'm between feeders right now, but also just about 15 mph sustained wind at my place. I got indoor chores done today and am able to relax and watch the reports of widespread panic among the awesome citizens in the area.

My brother just arrived at home in OK from Brazil a little while ago. He flew into Atlanta, and then to DFW. My parents picked him up there. I encouraged them not to hang out in Dallas tonight, but to go ahead and get home as the weather in north Texas and Oklahoma could get pretty nasty by noon tomorrow (or sooner as some of the feeders are already in their area and are famous for dropping tornadoes). They passed through a pretty ugly storm cell about 30 miles from home and were grateful they decided to go home today instead of waiting.

Mitch, is the fishing a little rough for you? I hope you're staying safe and can check in soon.

Catch you guys again in a bit!

Old 06-16-2015, 07:14 PM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Received 287 Likes on 132 Posts
Hi guys !
Big day today. I'm shot....
Took the truck in for 14 E 03.
Quick and easy. I think it shifts smoother now than ever before, but I haven't pulled heavy with it yet. No regens, No Def messages, Same as before.

Old 06-16-2015, 07:15 PM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Helped My parents with a remodel project.
(Did the heavy lifting)....

Old 06-16-2015, 07:24 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Howdy Tim. Are the fields still under water?

Your trans should be in relearn now, so you get to teach it how to shift again. Drive it like you want it to run! When I bought my truck, I was taking it easy during the break in, so the shifting was silky smooth - almost to the point of being boring. I pulled the fuse after 12,000 miles to do a relearn and drove it like I stole it, so the shifts were aggressive and almost harsh. After I had the recall f lash done, I tried to aim for somewhere in the middle, and now the transmission is great!

Old 06-16-2015, 07:32 PM
CarlT100
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mitch, I hope you are safe out there.

Andre, have a good trip and a great time.

Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee
Carl, they were showing empty store shelves on the news this morning from all of the panicked sheeple here. So far, I have gotten 2" of rain, and one severe cell passed over with a tornado warning accompanying it. I never saw the tornado though. Mostly, it is a light and steady rain with mild winds at my place. They have practically shut down the city of Houston though, and officials have asked all businesses to allow their non-essential employees to go home. My company let all the wusses leave about 3 hours ago.
Doug, that is sickening. What would they do in a major hurricane? I believe in being prepared for a storm - in advance!

Old 06-16-2015, 07:44 PM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Doug, Some of the fields are still under but the creek is back in its banks.
How long does the relearn take ? I don't think I have ever heard any one say.

Old 06-16-2015, 07:44 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Iowa Ford
Helped My parents with a remodel project.
(Did the heavy lifting)....
Awesome. I bet they really appreciated that.

Glad the flash went well.

Doug glad your kin got home OK.

Old 06-16-2015, 07:45 PM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Carl, how is it going today ?
Hope you got some riding in.

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most