6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 08:24 AM
sbryan
Lead Driver
Received 127 Likes on 117 Posts
Good morning one pagers. Andre, congrats on passing the course. 2 out of 20 isn't a very good pass rate - guess a few folks need to study up. Sort of like in the military when we did SERE training and the instructors really worked us over. Rather be worked over by friendlies and survive when the chips are down than get an easy pass and die in the real world. Great testament to your knowledge and skill.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:29 AM
sbryan
Lead Driver
As Roy might say, "Red in the morning..."

Just started to rain and the forecast says all week long...grass will start to grow soon and then the mowing begins.

Hope you have a great day. I think I'd rather be out in the Gulf eating shrimp.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:38 AM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Glad team Andre passed. Even though I knew you would...

Old 04-20-2015, 08:40 AM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sbryan
Good morning one pagers. Andre, congrats on passing the course. 2 out of 20 isn't a very good pass rate - guess a few folks need to study up. Sort of like in the military when we did SERE training and the instructors really worked us over. Rather be worked over by friendlies and survive when the chips are down than get an easy pass and die in the real world. Great testament to your knowledge and skill & Intestinal Fortitude!.
Had to add to that Bryan!...
Looking pretty rough un the Gulf today, they actually expect a few bad squalls, 60+ knot gusts and HAIL.....that's a new one, never seen that this far out...

Old 04-20-2015, 08:49 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,138 Likes on 2,235 Posts
I was proud to pass and having Mike for a partner certainly didn't hurt. He knows his stuff. Thanks for the props. I appreciate it. I'm amazed at how many people can't find their direction in the woods. I'm flat out dumfounded how many people that claim to be outdoors experts can't follow a compass course. People these are basic necessities of the outdoors, not "advanced" skills.

I'm kind of pumped to go camping now. We have Spring Camporee with the boys in 2 weeks so I won't have to wait too long.

Great pic Shawn!

Old 04-20-2015, 08:58 AM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,646 Likes on 1,648 Posts
Congrats, Andre, for passing your course.
Mitch, your forecast doesnt dound like fun at all....maybe every thing will be just "drilling ahead" and you can be inside!
Dak...hope you get your bees taken care of.
Shawn, nice pic....and hope it doesnt get to the "Sailor take warning" part!
And to all the rest of the gang......Gooooood morning! Hope everyone has a great one!

Old 04-20-2015, 09:59 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by sbryan

Just started to rain and the forecast says all week long...grass will start to grow soon and then the mowing begins.

yep, we got lots of rain here near Austin over the weekend.. I had to help daughter/SIL move out of our house (yeh!)..

but the 5 acres will be knee high pretty fast around here.. have to start mowing AGAIN!... can't wait til August.. no rain, means no mowing..

Old 04-20-2015, 10:22 AM
Dakster
Lead Driver
We need the rain here, but after the bees are out and the house secured would "bee" nice.

Smart phones and GPSs have softened our outdoor wilderness skills. I was shocked that even the iditarod racers use GPS devices. I didnt think that those were around when the real Iditarod was run... Outdoorsy now means you walked a paved wilderness trail at a park and not overnight either.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:52 AM
sbryan
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by RigTrash601
Had to add to that Bryan!...
Looking pretty rough un the Gulf today, they actually expect a few bad squalls, 60+ knot gusts and HAIL.....that's a new one, never seen that this far out...
Hail? We got snow today - take your pick. Weather just keeps acting up.

Originally Posted by SavageNFS
I was proud to pass and having Mike for a partner certainly didn't hurt. He knows his stuff. Thanks for the props. I appreciate it. I'm amazed at how many people can't find their direction in the woods. I'm flat out dumfounded how many people that claim to be outdoors experts can't follow a compass course. People these are basic necessities of the outdoors, not "advanced" skills.

I'm kind of pumped to go camping now. We have Spring Camporee with the boys in 2 weeks so I won't have to wait too long.

Great pic Shawn!
Map skills are dying off fast with GPS and smart phones - smart phones and dumb people who rely on them. The Army taught me basic map reading skills a long long time ago and I've never forgotten them. You hear too often about people who blindly follow the GPS - right into the water.

Originally Posted by Dakster
We need the rain here, but after the bees are out and the house secured would "bee" nice.

Smart phones and GPSs have softened our outdoor wilderness skills. I was shocked that even the iditarod racers use GPS devices. I didnt think that those were around when the real Iditarod was run... Outdoorsy now means you walked a paved wilderness trail at a park and not overnight either.
Right on DAK. Up here in ski country we deal with lost skiers all the time. They ski through the boundaries, off into the trees, get lost, have no idea where they are, then call for help because they can't find their way out - and this isn't really rugged, back country terrain but these people are totally clueless and just assume someone will come and show them the way out.

Bees and kerosene are a great combo Dak. Light 'em up. Yellow jackets dug into the ground up here are the pits - aggressive little buggers that you almost have to dig out of the ground. A few scorched earth sessions usually work.

Old 04-20-2015, 11:10 AM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,582 Likes on 734 Posts
Andre, we met a couple of guys on a cruise a few years guy. Likable guys, they wanted to come hunt elk/deer out west, so we invited them to come hunt with us. Helped them get tags and picked them up at the airport the day before the hunt.hauled them out to where we camp and took. A hike to get them familiar with the area.

Next morning one of the guys had a horse that got hurt and he was heading back into town to take the horse to the vet. These guys both asked if the could catch a ride to the airport. We were like what? It's opening day and you've not even started hunting.

The one guy says. You will be legends when get back to Indiana. They were absolutely terrified of the vastness of the area we were hunting. They just could perceive of trying to hike and hunt that kind of country.

Their idea of hunting was sitting in a shack watching college football drinking a beer waiting for a deer to walk by down range
The thought of actually wondering around a mountain scared them enough to go home

Old 04-20-2015, 11:20 AM
Dakster
Lead Driver
If they were not inside the walls of the house I would.

Sounds about right PH... Vastness is what I like and long for....

Old 04-20-2015, 11:23 AM
donovan
Laughing Gas
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
Bird hunting

Yeah people don't know how to be outside anymore. I see people wearing flip flops when the snakes are out, ext.

I kind of of like it because as soon as I am 1/2 mile from a main trail I am alone. SoCAL sucks, Four more years and I am done with this state forever.

Old 04-20-2015, 11:36 AM
sbryan
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Dakster
If they were not inside the walls of the house I would.

Sounds about right PH... Vastness is what I like and long for....
Well, it was a good idea while it lasted. I guess it's bug spray then. Bees in the walls is probably not a good thing, especially if you're allergic. Keep the epipen close.

Old 04-20-2015, 11:54 AM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=sbryan;15286599]Hail? We got snow today - take your pick. Weather just keeps acting up.
QUOTE]

While hail isn't uncommon, it is in the Gulf of Mexico. Be glad when this part of the year is over, of course we go right into hurricane season.....Oh Joy!

Old 04-20-2015, 12:35 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,013 Likes on 1,603 Posts
Originally Posted by RigTrash601
While hail isn't uncommon, it is in the Gulf of Mexico. Be glad when this part of the year is over, of course we go right into hurricane season.....Oh Joy!
Do you then get Hazardous duty pay..............

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most