6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

She's gone.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 10:01 AM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
She's gone.

After my recent turbo scare, I made the decision to sell her even though she felt like she ran better after the new turbo, it scared the crap out of me to say the least.

Since the only toys I have now are a Bass Cat Cougar FTD (bass boat) and a 4 wheeler, I decided to pick up a 2013 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited, which will haul my toys just fine. I "plan" to leave her pretty much stock, we will see how that goes

When we were in St. Croix for vacation, we rented a Jeep and the kids loved it. I owned a 97 Wrangler years ago and it was primitive to say the least. The 13 Rubi is amazing. Comfortable as all can be, Alpine Nav system/stereo, every option other than leather which I just don't want in a Jeep. I brought the Jeep home yesterday and my son said, "this is the best day ever!".

Am I going to miss that big beast of an F250, yes. I did her up right and received more compliments on that truck, it was unreal. I remember going to the Bass Pro Shops opening in Peoria and parking next to Tony Stewart's NASCAR, I had a swarm of people come look at the truck, more than the NASCAR The AC seats were one of the best features to make it to a non Bentley.

Anyways, I met some great people on here and will stop in from time to time. I appreciate everyone's help throughout my time here. There are some great people on FTE.

I also have a few performance parts to list if anyone is interested. Here are a few pics of the Rubi.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:11 AM
Tomahawk
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You did what!

Old 08-12-2012, 10:14 AM
5.4T
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry we dont speak dodge

Old 08-12-2012, 10:29 AM
_red rocket_
Senior User
Originally Posted by 5.4T
sorry we dont speak dodge
I do...at least when it comes to Jeep.

Jeeps are awesome off-roaders. Only problem is I don't have one right now. Enjoy it. I'd love to have that where I am now living but I still need a worthy tow vehicle.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:29 AM
darren32
Lead Driver

Received 736 Likes on 141 Posts
Have fun with the Rubicon buddy. nice chatting with you for the last couple of years. All the best to you and your family.
Stay in touch

Old 08-12-2012, 10:37 AM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Originally Posted by _red rocket_
I do...at least when it comes to Jeep.

Jeeps are awesome off-roaders. Only problem is I don't have one right now. Enjoy it. I'd love to have that where I am now living but I still need a worthy tow vehicle.
I don't know how you couldn't have one in CO! I agree completely, you need one. We usually make a CO trip every summer but didn't this summer. Next summer we will be back out! You live in the most gorgeous continental state period. Estes park is my fav area although a little busy now.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:39 AM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Originally Posted by darren32
Have fun with the Rubicon buddy. nice chatting with you for the last couple of years. All the best to you and your family.
Stay in touch
Darren, you are amazing. I will never lose touch with you. The family and I almost came to visit this summer. If we didn't have this surgery coming up, we would have been there for sure. You are and always will be a friend.

I'm just glad you don't have a Rubi as well as you would certainly talk me into spending a small fortune in parts

Old 08-12-2012, 10:42 AM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Tomahawk
You did what!
Gavin, yes it happened, I know, I know. You never even got to see her in person and we live pretty damn close. You have to love "busy".

On a side note, I have a brand new fuel filter assembly with your name on it. Maybe an oil filter as well, I just can't remember if I have an extra or not.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:45 AM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
It's a sad day but I understand.

The new Jeeps are amazing vehicles and I came super close to keeping my '05 F-250 and buying a new Rubicon. Those things are great vehicles and I know you'll enjoy it.

Great looking Rubi brother. Stay safe out there and drop in often. You're still in the brotherhood whether others outside this forum like it or not.

Old 08-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Originally Posted by powerstroke72
It's a sad day but I understand.

The new Jeeps are amazing vehicles and I came super close to keeping my '05 F-250 and buying a new Rubicon. Those things are great vehicles and I know you'll enjoy it.

Great looking Rubi brother. Stay safe out there and drop in often. You're still in the brotherhood whether others outside this forum like it or not.
Thanks John, very nice words.

I traded her in and was given a great price, still amazed at what they gave me but I can imagine some rich SOB will pay a premium for that truck in Chicago.

I must say it is nice being able to park easily and fit in a parking garage

Old 08-12-2012, 10:58 AM
5.4T
Elder User
hey when you park your jeep in the garage does it say "is it in yet"?

Old 08-12-2012, 11:02 AM
powerstroke72
Super Moderator
Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Sgt93
I traded her in and was given a great price, still amazed at what they gave me but I can imagine some rich SOB will pay a premium for that truck in Chicago.

I must say it is nice being able to park easily and fit in a parking garage
I imagine a truck like that would definitely draw a pretty good penny there for sure.

On the parking garage thing, I can relate. I had to take my '05 and a twelve foot U-Haul trailer to Philly one time and there was nowhere else to park except the parking garage. Talk about white knuckles.......five levels to turn around at the top and then back down again to the third level. Time to change pants.

Old 08-12-2012, 11:15 AM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Originally Posted by powerstroke72
I imagine a truck like that would definitely draw a pretty good penny there for sure.

On the parking garage thing, I can relate. I had to take my '05 and a twelve foot U-Haul trailer to Philly one time and there was nowhere else to park except the parking garage. Talk about white knuckles.......five levels to turn around at the top and then back down again to the third level. Time to change pants.
Just driving across I94 yesterday was a pain. The city and big ol trucks don't go together well.

Old 08-12-2012, 11:16 AM
Sgt93
Postmaster
Originally Posted by 5.4T
hey when you park your jeep in the garage does it say "is it in yet"?
Haha, funny! My garage could never fit the F250 in it, even before the lift.

Old 08-12-2012, 11:29 AM
AMEC Electric LLC
More Turbo
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Nooooooooo! Sorry to see you go but I think the guys here that know you have a feeling you'll be back! Good luck man...stay in touch. Good luck with the Rubi

Quick Reply: She's gone.