Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

00 Excursion on 38s w/10" lift HUGE system build log!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 10:09 AM
RACERX7775
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Eeehhhhh. Someone stole your front driveshaft.... Kidding. It doesnt look like it was built well. It obveously had maybe air bags on the front because of the bracket bolt holes. It has double stacked blocks in the rear... A BIG no no. It has front spring drop brackets and shackles. Shocks look like generic replacements that fit the lift. It had dual steering stabalizers because the center bracket is still there. The previous owner took a bunch of stuff off and then sold it. The setup wasnt right or else he would have kept the front driveshaft in unless he didnt want to spend the money for a good driveshaft. Or he took it out before he sold it. The leaf springs arent that much of a lift because of the added blocks....ect. Sorry. I dont mean to down your X. But you should do some rebuilding of it to make it right. Its not your fault. The PO looks like he tore it apart and slapped something together to sell it. I wonder what gears are in it.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:12 PM
ExSKARsion
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RACERX7775
Eeehhhhh. Someone stole your front driveshaft.... Kidding. It doesnt look like it was built well. It obveously had maybe air bags on the front because of the bracket bolt holes. It has double stacked blocks in the rear... A BIG no no. It has front spring drop brackets and shackles. Shocks look like generic replacements that fit the lift. It had dual steering stabalizers because the center bracket is still there. The previous owner took a bunch of stuff off and then sold it. The setup wasnt right or else he would have kept the front driveshaft in unless he didnt want to spend the money for a good driveshaft. Or he took it out before he sold it. The leaf springs arent that much of a lift because of the added blocks....ect. Sorry. I dont mean to down your X. But you should do some rebuilding of it to make it right. Its not your fault. The PO looks like he tore it apart and slapped something together to sell it. I wonder what gears are in it.
Well I knew all of that originally. Few diff things led me to believe it used to be better than it is now lol. Any idea where I could go for a step in the right direction? Really looking to get it a little higher so I can go the 44s route.

EDIT: Without spending a million dollars lol. It is high enough and rides fine for me now compared to my Malibu. Just looking to spend a few bucks

Old 08-06-2012, 02:55 PM
Cactus Jack
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would replace the double block set up immediately with a one piece block and/or new springs. After that I would address the missing driveshaft and missing steering stabilizer. I wouldn't wheel in it at all with that two piece block, that makes me a little nervous. Just my two cents.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:02 PM
ExSKARsion
Senior User
Originally Posted by Cactus Jack
I would replace the double block set up immediately with a one piece block and/or new springs. After that I would address the missing driveshaft and missing steering stabilizer. I wouldn't wheel in it at all with that two piece block, that makes me a little nervous. Just my two cents.
geeze.....is it unsafe or something?

Would be kind of annoyed if the guy knew it was dangerous prior to selling it to me and just said F it.

And ya it being 2wd now I am just a driveshaft and new axle away from 4wd right?

Old 08-06-2012, 03:56 PM
Cactus Jack
Junior User
I haven't lifted a truck other than a level kit in a few years, but I was always told that there were two things you didn't do with blocks, you do not ever have them on the front axle, and you do not stack them. Now that was years ago, maybe things have changed with the two block deal. I can't say that they aren't safe without knowing who built the kit. I would have to have more information.
Yes with another driveshaft you should be 4x4 capable. I am wondering why it was removed? Was it as simple as the U-join went out, or a problem with the angle of the shaft, or something wrong with the shaft itself?

Old 08-07-2012, 06:51 AM
ExSKARsion
Senior User
I haven't lifted a truck other than a level kit in a few years, but I was always told that there were two things you didn't do with blocks, you do not ever have them on the front axle, and you do not stack them. Now that was years ago, maybe things have changed with the two block deal. I can't say that they aren't safe without knowing who built the kit. I would have to have more information.
Yes with another driveshaft you should be 4x4 capable. I am wondering why it was removed? Was it as simple as the U-join went out, or a problem with the angle of the shaft, or something wrong with the shaft itself?
The guy told me it was always 2wd and he was going to eventually make it 4wd?

Old 08-07-2012, 07:17 AM
Cactus Jack
Junior User
That looks like the mount/yoke for the driveshaft going into what looks like a transfer case but it is hard to tell on my phone. Does it have the 4x4 selector shift on the dash? I assumed maybe wrongly on my part that the truck was a 4x4 with just the driveshaft missing.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:55 AM
ExSKARsion
Senior User
That looks like the mount/yoke for the driveshaft going into what looks like a transfer case but it is hard to tell on my phone. Does it have the 4x4 selector shift on the dash? I assumed maybe wrongly on my part that the truck was a 4x4 with just the driveshaft missing.
No it doesn't it has a red custom switch that I would assume controls the 4x4 being on or off.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:38 AM
ExSKARsion
Senior User
Anyone have a link to the bushwackers like these?

Custom Bushwacker Project pictures by TANKS250 - Photobucket

Can't seem to find them.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:18 AM
ExSKARsion
Senior User
no1 knows where to get those?

Do I need to get them from a F-250 or something?

Old 08-08-2012, 09:27 AM
goodmatt2002
Senior User
I think I read a post where they are no longer in production. They would be for a superduty.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:06 AM
ExSKARsion
Senior User
Originally Posted by goodmatt2002
I think I read a post where they are no longer in production. They would be for a superduty.
I need to hurry up and find some then

Old 08-08-2012, 10:22 AM
ExSKARsion
Senior User
Old 08-15-2012, 07:03 AM
ExSKARsion
Senior User
? Anything guys?

Old 08-15-2012, 08:30 AM
RACERX7775
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The fronts are the same from 99 to 07. the rears are a different story. you will have to cut them where they meet at the doors. Then fab something up to seal it.

Quick Reply: 00 Excursion on 38s w/10" lift HUGE system build log!