El Camino Man
Logistics Pro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
O boy... Lol

Old 12-22-2014, 10:28 PM
ProjectDually
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, I don't have internet for a few days and It would appear I've been the one to miss all the fun this time around!

Old 12-22-2014, 10:39 PM
JWC 3
Lead Driver
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by El Camino Man
Only cool kids pee their pants!

Some Billy Madison quotation for ya
Yes , way cool , in the winter ...

Old 12-23-2014, 07:25 AM
TheTowingCowboy
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And who is having said dream about Billy Maddison peeing his pants? Lol I know walk right in, in the middle of something.

Old 12-23-2014, 10:44 AM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
No kidding! What's up Jesse?! Long time, no see man! Good to see you stopping by.

Old 12-23-2014, 12:43 PM
ProjectDually
Postmaster
I just had a dream I was really late, woke up to the alarm on my watch showing 02(must have gotten switched while I was taking a nap)

Needless to say, I made it to my company in record time! 4 hours early! haha! That was my dream of the day.

Old 12-23-2014, 02:51 PM
coreyallan01
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
For most of you I know this may not be interesting as your not of the demographic that this would appeal to. Attached is my recient conversation with Patti at Interco Tire Corp.. Chronological order starts from the bottom...

Good morning Pattie, thanks for the Holiday wishes. I appreciate you getting back to me, its rare these days.. If theres anything i can do to help let me know! Im a member of the Western Maine Jeepers who put on the Maine Jeep Jamboree every year in Bethel Maine and a good friend of mine is an Interco dealer in Warren Maine (Copelands Garage), we've got good resources and a great group of people around us for petitions, tire testing, feed back etc etc.. Please keep me in the loop. Maybe it'd prove feasible to run some sort of feedback ad in Petersons, 4wheeler, JP about bringing these back. The Hawgs were always known in the community affectionately as "round hogs" because of their "unround" nature I assume because of the old manufacturing process tho I would think with the tech at hand currently some subtle changes while not taking away from their classic pattern would be welcome and embraced. Remember, these rivaled the TSL in their prowess and respect. + being a 16.5 guy (and I'm not alone) our choices are numbered as now Interco (thankfully) is the primary source for anything 16.5; thank you so much for that. BFG just introduced their AT KM2 and word is they'll eventually drop the classic AT line which is currently the other 16.5" available.. I know pitbull has a few and their may be a couple others but none of them come close to the inspirational Hawg.. Remember, the US GOV has been liquidating the old hummer rims 16.5s for a few years now and they are VERY popular in the offroad community; 1000s of people are running a derivative of these now.. I suppose i could continue to air my plight but you see where im going with this.. Again, feel free to pass this on and keep me posted and i'll in turn do what i can to spread the word about a possible comeback...
A thought, if interco would entertain doing a few test sets built with new technology i could get these in the publics eye for 2015 Maine Jeep Jamboree, the owner of Copelands Garage, TJ Copeland with me as his Co-Driver run some of the toughest trails over the two day event; those who follow in our group take notice of every little detail of the trail leaders vehicles.. Thanks again Pattie, have a wonderful Christmas!
Best Wishes, Corey Allan

On Dec 23, 2014, at 10:36 AM, Pattie Campbell <PCampbell@intercotire.com> wrote:

We were hoping to bring some of these back in 2014 but never could get the factory to build such low volume items. We will continue to push.

Wish it was better news.

Thank you for your email and have a Merry Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 22, 2014, at 11:23 PM, "Corey Allan

Merry Christmas, I'm sure since you own the rights to the Groundhawg molds there has been a little talk over the years about bringing a few sizes back at some point. Is there any current consideration for bring some back on the market; say in some 15s 16s and 16.5s? Guys who use to run these on a regular basis are now restoring the trucks they ran as young men and they (we) need those period correct Hawgs to make these trucks look right... Please consider bringing some back.. Thank you for your time and consideration..
-Regards, Corey Allan

Old 12-23-2014, 03:49 PM
MOOSE_MACHINE
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
That's pretty cool Corey. I remember seeing those on 4 by's years ago

Old 12-23-2014, 03:53 PM
coreyallan01
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by MOOSE_MACHINE
That's pretty cool Corey. I remember seeing those on 4 by's years ago

Yeah, i thought so.. Theres a little light at the end of the tunnel.. The radial IIs were actually a very good street tire that you could put some miles on..

Old 12-23-2014, 05:16 PM
mjunk1
Fleet Mechanic
MY wife and daughter just left the house in a whirlwind of female craziness. They are off to see The Nutcracker together. Is there anything better than knowing you have 4-5 hours to do whatever YOU want without interruption? Merry Christmas, ME! lol

Old 12-23-2014, 05:18 PM
MOOSE_MACHINE
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Lol. For me that would be uninterrupted remote time.

Old 12-23-2014, 05:24 PM
coreyallan01
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by mjunk1
MY wife and daughter just left the house in a whirlwind of female craziness. They are off to see The Nutcracker together. Is there anything better than knowing you have 4-5 hours to do whatever YOU want without interruption? Merry Christmas, ME! lol

Haha, thats awesome! Whenever my GF and kids leave i hop in the couch, read all my swap&sell it mags, mototcycle maga, take a nap, wake up, watch tevo episodes of gas monkey garage, mototcycle racing and whatever else i can cram in there.. Then if i have more time ill go out and lock myself into the garage w a project...

Old 12-24-2014, 01:35 AM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 398 Likes on 269 Posts
Originally Posted by mjunk1
Lucky man there Dan.what I wouldn't give.

Old 12-24-2014, 06:33 AM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
That's pretty cool Corey! I clearly remember a buddy of mine in high school's truck. It was a dark green '79 F350 with about an 8" lift and a set of 38" Hawgs on it. What a great truck. Those were some pretty rugged tires for sure. If Interco could bring them back and make them drivable, I'm sure they would have a decent seller on their hands for all the reasons you list.

Dan, I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm like a little kid in a candy store when the wife and kids are away for a few hours. I generally end up elbow deep in some project in the shop. Every couple years my wife and the kids will spend a week with her family in MI and I'll stay at home (someone has to be a responsible adult and bring home the bacon, right?). Those weeks, I sure do miss them, but I sure do get an awful lot done!! I guess it comes with the territory.

Quick Reply: the official OBS diesel off topic thread