6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Open Letter to Ford re HPFP failures

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 09:09 AM
cford716
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This was in the back of my mind when I sent that last response to Darren. Question is will Ford step up to the plate and take the opportunity to try and see what is going on here, if anything. (I am still not letting go of my optimism )

Old 02-03-2012, 09:14 AM
myred1
Junior User
Originally Posted by cford716
Question is will Ford step up to the plate and take the opportunity to try and see what is going on here, if anything. (I am still not letting go of my optimism )
Nope. They probably will not even take time to read it.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:26 AM
cford716
Elder User
Originally Posted by myred1
Nope. They probably will not even take time to read it.
Unfortunately I thought that too.

Old 02-03-2012, 10:27 AM
Andrew010
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ford obviously doesn't care much about customer satisfaction after the sale. I doubt this letter would even get opened, let alone read by an actual person.

This is my first and LAST Ford period. Don't get me wrong, it's a very nice truck but service after the sale has to count for something. Myself, coming from GM, I'm shocked at the utter lack of concern Ford has for customers that are spending 60k+ on a personal use vehicle. This HPFP lack of warranty thing is absolute BS and Ford should be ashamed of themselves for what they are doing. I understand it's going to cost them money to repair all these defective pumps, but they're going to loose more in future sales from not replacing the pumps.

Sorry for the rant, just how I feel about all this.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:30 PM
v10superduty
Freshman User
Originally Posted by HeckRat
On the contrary, I know Ford cares and do monitor these chats.

Think of it as a nice way of sending their Failure Analysis team a message.

They are probably working overtime trying to understand the issue as all of us are.
I agree 100% with this post.

Its too bad FMC have not made any public statement but my guess is the "legal" dept won't let the "engineering" dept say anything ???

Old 02-03-2012, 02:39 PM
jack_pine
Elder User

Originally Posted by v10superduty
I agree 100% with this post.

Its too bad FMC have not made any public statement but my guess is the "legal" dept won't let the "engineering" dept say anything ???
100$ as well. Who know what is going on behind closed doors. Even if the company is super concerned and really cares and is working hard on solution....they will never say anything publicly due to our litigious society.

Not saying they are or not.... just say'in....

Old 02-03-2012, 03:55 PM
p12483
Senior User
Originally Posted by jack_pine
100$ as well. Who know what is going on behind closed doors. Even if the company is super concerned and really cares and is working hard on solution....they will never say anything publicly due to our litigious society.

Not saying they are or not.... just say'in....
I disagree, if they genuinely cared or was concerned, don't you think they would have quietly paid Ricatics bill and kept the pump for further diagnosis? All we would have heard about was how is truck broke, and was fixed under warranty just like any other problems should be!

Old 02-03-2012, 04:41 PM
darren32
Lead Driver

Received 736 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by p12483
I disagree, if they genuinely cared or was concerned, don't you think they would have quietly paid Ricatics bill and kept the pump for further diagnosis? All we would have heard about was how is truck broke, and was fixed under warranty just like any other problems should be!

I was quite surprised Ford did not want to keep Rick's failed pump as well..... When we have equipment failures the first thing we do is get the equipment back and start working on why it failed. I guess they had a reason for failure (water) and beyond that they didn't care.

OH YA, I don't agree or disagree.......I don't know.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:02 PM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I already offered my pump up for sale, buy me a new one and I'll send you mine with 2107 hours on it. Offer still stands.

I'm not trying to get a new pump or anything, just think it would be interesting study.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Bobmurp1
Senior User
It really suck because I am wanting a new f350 but just can't buy one knowing ford will void the warranty, I have owned ford deisel pickups since 89 and even with the 6.0 mess they always covered repairs under warranty. I even have a 6.4 that has 0 problems. Amazing to me that after the ford deisel problems of the past they wouldn't make this problem go away at any cost!

Old 02-03-2012, 05:36 PM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by darren32
I was quite surprised Ford did not want to keep Rick's failed pump as well..... When we have equipment failures the first thing we do is get the equipment back and start working on why it failed. I guess they had a reason for failure (water) and beyond that they didn't care.

OH YA, I don't agree or disagree.......I don't know.
Ford did not even look inside my pump. They only sent a FSE out to give lip service to my issue because there was a lot of pressure put on them by people in places at Ford. The fuel samples were not analyzed. The parts were given a cursory look over at best.

Ford could not get the pump from me or my insurance company because they did not honor their warranty and buy the new pump. I have the pump and the parts...

The issue of fixing my truck and quieting the uproar is a two sided sword for all of us. I would not have been screwed by Ford and would have had a lot less to say. The other side of the sword is the rest of the poor suckers who have been abused by Ford...or soon will be. No one can deny that the dialog started by me and carried on through several more warranty denial stories has broadened the knowledge base here at FTE. We now know a bunch about fuel quality and additives that we would have never discovered so soon.

It is too bad that Ford has decided to take the low road in these issues. The road takes Ford and their customers to a destination quite similar to the two most recent Ford diesel engine destinations...the Land of Doubt. Ford did not need this debacle to shake the foundations of many loyal Ford buyers. This was their last best bet to get it right....product and customer wise. They almost pulled it off...but like close, almost only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades...

Peace

Old 02-03-2012, 11:22 PM
shadowSVT
Senior User
Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts
hope Ford does read this and make some changes.
we can't and won't switch our trucks over to GM products, been down that painful road.
If this 6.7 issues continue and Ford won't stand behind them, then I'm afraid we'll be purchasing Dodges.

Old 02-04-2012, 12:14 AM
mrjc
Senior User
Not again...

Ford as already recieved many of these "letters" from us users on thier customer service website. My letter to them and other FTE users contained the same points you make in an open letter. You points are right on the mark and valid points from a owners perspective, but I and others recieved the same old standard answer from Ford, which generated the same old tired threads which generates the same old tired responses. How about we smart people find a solution and start threads that are solution oriented, and not keep telling Ford in open or closed letters that they are offending us or that they are going to go bankrupt unless..So long as the F Series stays a hot seller, I doubt they are worried. I do believe they would be working hard on a cost effective solution to a problem in the fuel system if they have data from all over the US to show it is a design problem, like the DEF filler port being to close to the Diesel filler port, or water somehow getting into the fuel from the air intake. There are solutions out there as evidenced by all the genius mods invented on this forum. If someone finds a bright idea to keep the fuel pump from self destructing, take it to Ford and make some money. Join the group who are putting magnets on the filter housing. No one here knows for sure if Ford is working on a fix, but rehashing the problem we all think MAY be there is discouraging to some people who even get rid of thier new truck out of raw fear, not facts. Just my .02 worth. Enjoy life in your new truck. Be happy, not disgruntled, install a new mod or add some chrome, or lights.

Last edited by mrjc; 02-04-2012 at 12:43 AM. Reason: I had an idea
Old 02-04-2012, 08:07 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
Subscribing...

Old 02-04-2012, 09:47 AM
Snakedriver
Junior User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Since my truck is not a daily driver I would gladly allow Ford to do some trend monitoring on my F250.

Leo

Quick Reply: Open Letter to Ford re HPFP failures