6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Unbelievable

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 10:31 AM
randito
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok guys, here's the deal. The dealership called me this morning and told me "come get your check" What???? I asked what was going on, the General manager said they had been struugling with this, and met about it several times, and decided I was too good of a customer to to be treated this way.????? He told me the dealership was going to eat this one because a lot of mistakes had been made....ya' think??? I wondered if it was them or Ford, who had gotten pressure from you guys, so I called Ford. They told me I had to talk to Fleet. This Fleet thing turns out to be important. I run my truck through my company, and my wife's is personal. The ford guy said, the dealer is paying for it, because they made a mistake on the vin. He said they pulled up the vin, and the vin didn't show fleet??? BS There's something wrong here. Don't get me wrong here, I'm extatic about getting my $23K back, but I still have a bad taste in my mouth. I asked the ford guy, "so, if it had of been my wife's truck, would this had been a bad outcome? " He said, well, we just handle fleets differently, and the dealer didn't realize that it was fleet because the tech called it up by name, and had the wrong vin. WHEWW!!! Anyway, I took the motor down to the dealer, he handed me my check, and I told him how crappy they had treated me, and although I appreciate them stepping up, I was still aggrivated about the whole trumped up water thing and the 2 months I was out of my truck. I also got a chance to tell the service advisor how #@!@%$#$@ he was. They tried to kiss up and tell me it would never happen again, but hey, I think it's time to move. The real rub now is, what about the next guy, like some of ya'll who has just bought their first 6.7, or any ford??? What will happen when ya'll go in, just because you're not fleet, do you get kicked to the curb??? I've still got a very bad taste in my mouth about this whole deal, but at least , thru ya'll's help, I got my truck back at no charge. Hopefully the ford guy was just trying to reason why it all went so bad, but telling me I was a fleet guy and should have been treated differently, well, that's just wrong. I'm no more important than anybody. Once again I can never thank you guys enough for helping me thru all this crap. I will be on this board from now on, hopefully giving back some of the support you guys gave me. Randy

Old 01-18-2012, 10:35 AM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad to hear it. Best outcome you could have gotten at this point.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:36 AM
Byram
Posting Guru

Congrats man! That's great....

Old 01-18-2012, 10:40 AM
darren32
Lead Driver

Received 816 Likes on 153 Posts
Great to hear Randy!
I am thinking the fleet thing is just an easy out excuse for them....

Tom and all that helped, thanks!!!!

Old 01-18-2012, 10:45 AM
CascadeF250
Tuned
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
That is great news. I never could understand how it could cost $23,000.00 for a replacement motor installed. I am glad they finally treated you right. You went through a lot of grief that you didn't deserve. Good luck with your new motor and lets hope this type of engine failure turns out to be an isolated event.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:46 AM
B&LLandscaping
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well let me be the first (maybe?) to say congrats Randito. You deserve it. Congrats to everyone here that applied pressure and worked behind the scenes as well, you did great work.

I get Randito still being PO'd, and I'd never darken that dealership's door again either if it were me, but here's my take on it.

Randito and everyone should breathe a huge sigh of relief and be pretty darn happy about this outcome. Don't get bogged down in the details of fleet, not fleet etc..., the fact is FORD stepped up and made this right. I'm not willing to give the credit to the dealership, my read on it is that Ford made the call here. There has to be a reason given for the sudden change of heart. Ford isn't going to throw the dealership to the wolves, and the dealership isn't going to lay blame on anyone (or admit blame), the fleet aspect is just a "reasonable explanation" for the choice to cover the repairs without placing blame that lets everyone try to save face. I don't really like it, but I understand it.

The bottom line is, one way or another, Ford stepped up and made it right. As far as I'm concerned, that was about as good an outcome as anyone could have hoped for, and while I'm sure it won't please everyone, I think it should go a long ways towards easing people's fears about their trucks.

P.S. I am not now, nor have I ever been, connected with Ford beyond being a satisfied Ford owner. These are just my (hopefully) objective thoughts on the whole thing, I have nothing to gain by them.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:46 AM
cummins cowboy
Elder User
pretty amazing that the heat generated here netted 23 grand back to one of our members.

my feelings is the whole fleet thing is BS the dealer is not eating it, ford is paying for it, we might be able to check that BTW if its in oasis, but at least the story allows the dealer to look like the hero. if you think about it what else would they say.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:47 AM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
What a great outcome and a formal welcome to FTE! Lots of great folks on here.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:50 AM
bookem15
Senior User
Congrats man I am glad to hear it all worked out. I think I would be looking for a different dealer after all that and then using the whole fleet excuse....

Happy trails with the new motor..

Old 01-18-2012, 10:52 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 296 Likes on 153 Posts
Awesome news!!!!!!

Glad they did the right thing and took care of you!

Now go cash that check before they change their minds!!!!!!

Old 01-18-2012, 10:52 AM
v10superduty
Freshman User
Great news Randy..
I e mailed you some info...

Even though dealership taking credit for covering cost, I truly believe Ford must have "strongly suggested" it be done. Ford may not have written Randy a cheque but I doubt full cost will fall on dealer?

Way to go Ford Truck Enthusiast guys

Old 01-18-2012, 10:53 AM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Randy...good news for you no matter how Ford wants to spin it...Congratulations on making the "Shameful Ford Event" club lose one of it's members.

Regards

Old 01-18-2012, 11:07 AM
marchare011
Posting Guru
Great news, Randy!

Old 01-18-2012, 11:25 AM
jim48
Elder User
Hey Randy, congratulations on the GREAT outcome. I have read every page of this thread. I also added my 30+ years of Ford ownership to the Ford Customer Service email address. I have no idea it did any good, but tried to make Ford realize what a self-defeating policy they were using in refusing engine warranties.

My truck is a chassis cab, and though I have had ZERO issues I now live in fear that I could be next. I wish Rick's outcome could be reversed as well. I think he is a quality man who was done dirty as well. I talked to my dealer again yesterday, they have had NO engine or valve issues at all. A few sensor replacements, and that's it. They sell a lot of chassis cabs as I'm in the middle of farm and cattle country.

Anyhow, I'm thrilled with your outcome, now you can get back to your normal life.

PS

That cycle even makes my valkyrie look small!!

Jim

Old 01-18-2012, 11:26 AM
aaronbrace
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by v10superduty
Great news Randy..
I e mailed you some info...

Even though dealership taking credit for covering cost, I truly believe Ford must have "strongly suggested" it be done. Ford may not have written Randy a cheque but I doubt full cost will fall on dealer?

Way to go Ford Truck Enthusiast guys
I agree with you. I can only assume that was Ford's way of letting the dealer save a little face. I don't see a dealer eating 100% of $23k for this. Ford would have had to step up. Dealer may have ate the labor and Ford the part.

I would like to think that the pressure you all exhibited on Ford had nothing to do with this and that Ford WILL step up and do the right thing on their own but I doubt it.

The dealer definitely dicked you Randy but they made good on it in the end and that does need to be recognized.

Glad this turned out all right for you. I have been watching this with keen interest since I have a new 2012 on order.

---Aaron

Quick Reply: Unbelievable