Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Happy 15 yo (now 16) son's 94 restoration w/PICS

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 04:50 PM
Boss08v10
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tomorrow we are going to drop the truck off at his high school for him to show off and work on in power mechanics. The teacher is pretty fond of him both because he is mechanically inclined and because he taught with my sons grandfather for about 25 years. My late father in law taught welding and machining. They are going to put it in the air and run though it making list of priorities. This will help a lot having someone with his years of experience look it over for us.

He is out in the shed right now with a wire brush working on the chassis. Tomorrow we are going to order new shocks, coil springs and manuel lock outs. he already found a rear bumper, receiver hitch and stereo on craigs list.

Old 12-19-2011, 04:54 PM
justforkicks
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Redneckfordf2502002
I am sure he will be very happy with that truck. I am 15 myself and own a 1988 F150 4x4 great truck. I ended up trading my 1987 Plymouth Reliant for this truck it was my dad's truck. I believe if you are to start out on a vehicle it needs to be a old run down ford truck that way you learn how to fix it and you know that truck very well. Mine we paid 400 for and it didn't run and was kinda beet up now it is great.
Trav
Couldn't agree more. My first truck I bought was when i was 14. it was an 87 Bronco II and i was able to drive it home. body was totally shot (paid $225 for it) and when you'd hit a bump, you could see the entire back half of the truck move around. panels were busted, body was rotten, door wouldn't shut half the time, but it ran and had 4wd so i didn't care! loved that truck. then i got my 77 f150 4x4 for free when i was 15 because it sat on blocks for 13 years, and the bronco ii wasn't so high on the list anymore. haha two great trucks right there. and nice ford there, Boss. why couldn't you be my dad haha jk

Old 12-19-2011, 05:26 PM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Boss08v10
Can you be more specific here as to the particular harness you are referring and its function?
Can't miss it, it is literally on the main front of the cylinder, where the front/rear brake lines go....Directly in front of the brake fluid reservoir...

Old 12-19-2011, 05:50 PM
Scndsin
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 760 Likes on 542 Posts
It should look like this:

If not, you need unplug it & take it to a dealer.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:09 PM
F350Kid238
Senior User
is that wire problem just 150s or what cause my 350 doesnt have that

Old 12-19-2011, 07:50 PM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
im 24 and the 95 is officially my first vehicle that I own 100% to my name, the beater my parents gave me was theres so i had no real decision in the matter (nor could I do what I wanted to it to fix it up my way) so yea I am happy with my Ford and I know he will be too! also I can't believe no one said this but get the boy on here so he can introduce his ride and him self, and show us some more ****...err pictures of the truck and maybe as he works to fix it...were all pic wh0res here anyways

on a side note, what year did ford officially make the recall part correct (ie did they change it so any thing from X year to 96 was fixed or what? i need to see if i need to be concerned, and the picture is not showing up for me for some reason...

Old 12-19-2011, 08:10 PM
danr1
Lead Driver
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by F350Kid238
is that wire problem just 150s or what cause my 350 doesnt have that
Yes you need it take it to any ford dealer have em put it on, recall and only takes a couple minutes to install it. You just won't be able to use cruise with it unplugged, truck will function normally in every other way until its corrected.

Unplug it, it can start your truck on fire even while sitting parked and shut off nobody around. Check for fluid in the switch, sure sign you where real close to loosing it if you see any.

The harness they add is fused, stops it from starting a fire.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:18 PM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
Originally Posted by danr1
Yes you need it take it to any ford dealer have em put it on, recall and only takes a couple minutes to install it. You just won't be able to use cruise with it unplugged, truck will function normally in every other way until its corrected.

Unplug it, it can start your truck on fire even while sitting parked and shut off nobody around. Check for fluid in the switch, sure sign you where real close to loosing it if you see any.

ok I will check into my truck and that to see if its been done, how can I tell if its already been done or not? should there be noticeable difference? IE fuses? or will it look the same in the pic? (guessing thats the fused one?)

Old 12-19-2011, 08:34 PM
Thumper19
Elder User
seeing how you said you guys plan to put new front coils on it. I have near mint Moog set of coils for an F150 with the 302. I'm sure they would work for his truck.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:49 PM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Sadly, I cannot give you anymore reps for a while...

Old 12-19-2011, 08:51 PM
danr1
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Jaime74656
ok I will check into my truck and that to see if its been done, how can I tell if its already been done or not? should there be noticeable difference? IE fuses? or will it look the same in the pic? (guessing thats the fused one?)
Yea you'll see the fuse holders, see it there in the left cable tie that's one of the fuses. My 95 F250 has two fuses in it however I only see one in his shot?
To install it the trucks harness connector is unplugged from the switch and connected to the premade fused harness, then the fused harness is plugged into the C/C cancel switch and cable tied in place.

You really should go look now if you're not sure, sure would hate to see you loose that one to fire.
If you see no fuse/s just unplug it.

You can check with any dealer to, have em run your VIN number and they'll be able to tell you if its effected (I bet it is) and if it was taken care of or not. That is if you're just not sure after looking at it.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:09 PM
danr1
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by SideWinder4.9l
Sadly, I cannot give you anymore reps for a while...
Thanks for the attempt, I run into that problem every time I try doing so too for just about everyone.

And while you're right here want to mention I did get your message I did notice it was there (always forget check for that sorta thing and completely miss them) any way wasn't ignoring ya just was not able to respond. Sits there with the little spinning thing going round and round but never actually goes through.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:09 PM
IowanStraight6
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What springs are you guys ordering for it? If you mind me asking.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:17 PM
SideWinder4.9l
FTE Chapter Leader

Thanks for the attempt, I run into that problem every time I try doing so too for just about everyone.

And while you're right here want to mention I did get your message I did notice it was there (always forget check for that sorta thing and completely miss them) any way wasn't ignoring ya just was not able to respond. Sits there with the little spinning thing going round and round but never actually goes through.
Ya know, I remember sending you A message....What it was about, hell if I know....LOL

Old 12-19-2011, 10:30 PM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
Yea you'll see the fuse holders, see it there in the left cable tie that's one of the fuses. My 95 F250 has two fuses in it however I only see one in his shot?
To install it the trucks harness connector is unplugged from the switch and connected to the premade fused harness, then the fused harness is plugged into the C/C cancel switch and cable tied in place.

You really should go look now if you're not sure, sure would hate to see you loose that one to fire.
If you see no fuse/s just unplug it.

You can check with any dealer to, have em run your VIN number and they'll be able to tell you if its effected (I bet it is) and if it was taken care of or not. That is if you're just not sure after looking at it.
yea Id hate to loose it too, thanks!

Quick Reply: Happy 15 yo (now 16) son's 94 restoration w/PICS