1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my truck had another facelift! Pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 09:31 PM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
285/75R16 E loads

Old 11-04-2011, 10:45 AM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Those look great Scaler, im going to do this after winter to freshen mine up a bit, i have two questions for you, How do the Recon lights look i was thinking about adding them to mine and i was debating because i wasnt sure how bright or how well the color would match my other lights, also how well did the Eastwod Rust Converter work? mine needs some attention after this winter it was a plow truck up until this year so naturaly its got some rust in areas and i was gonna do like a full restore and im looking at that or POR-15

Old 11-04-2011, 02:19 PM
F250CCowner
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used the black dupicolor on the same areas as you did. Did you use the cleaner they sell too to remove road grime and tars? I did and It smells like oranges but removed the gummy substances without bleaching the plastic. So far (6 months) it has held up really well with repeated washings and raining. Rocks will knock off a bit of the black but i just touch it up every once in awhile. I love your truck.

Old 11-04-2011, 02:32 PM
acf6
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperDutyScaler
one thing i cant figure out is why my XLT doesnt have the door protectors from the factory? Almost ever truck i see has them but mine?
im worried about what might be behind mine. i can see the tape holding it on behind them and it just looks like it absorbs mositure. there is a little brown dot with a run going down from it on one piece too

Old 11-05-2011, 11:05 PM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
that sucks acf6, i guess everything has its downsides huh. Yea its weird how i seeolder 03,02,01,00 SD trucks that have the door trim and fog lights but my 04 XLT doesnt have either? Even though it came with the tow package, fX4 package?

Old 10-17-2013, 09:05 PM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
did some interior upgrades a few months ago and today i installed dynamat on my doors so i figured id just keep adding to my old thread......

Old 10-17-2013, 09:13 PM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
couldn't stand the tan and taupe color scheme any longer so i took the big leap to remove and paint all the taupe parts in my truck. side mirror covers, window button plastic, dash, door panel side molding was washed with simple green then scrubbed with a green scotch brite pad then sprayed with dupicolor prep spray and then coated with four coats of dupicolor bumper trim paint. the rubber elbow pads were prepped like above but painted with dupicolor interior trim paint because the bumper paint wouldn't stick to the rubberness. I also installed a OEM Ford six cd radio from a 2008 Ford Escape

Old 10-18-2013, 05:49 AM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Did you have to install anything special for the 08 radio? Panels look nice

Old 10-18-2013, 05:53 AM
jasonmartin206
Junior User
the way i see it, you need to treat ur truck like a truck and not a picasso painting... I know it sounds rude, but if you aint willing to scratch up ur ride, then why have a truck?

Old 10-18-2013, 07:32 AM
jstnromero
Postmaster
Looks good bud. I am glad to see that people really take care of their vehicles. I always cringe when thinking about buying a used vehicle (had bad experiences before, much less educated), but after seeing how you have taken care of your old girl, makes me believe there is hope!

Either way. Good looking rig. Should be good for a couple more years now!

Old 10-18-2013, 08:25 AM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by jasonmartin206
the way i see it, you need to treat ur truck like a truck and not a picasso painting... I know it sounds rude, but if you ain't willing to scratch up ur ride, then why have a truck?
why i treat my truck so good? Because i was nineteen when i bought the truck, i got a second job at night after my full time job to be able to pay it off within three years so i could get a low interest rate at the time. I treat ever thing i own dirt bikes, boats etc the same way i treat my truck, why should you spend 30-40k on a truck and literally beat it to death? I don't have money to pee into the wind and if you do then all the power to you. You treat your truck like a POS and ill treat mine like i do and in thirty years when mine still drives and looks brand new ill be sure to send you tons of pictures

Old 10-18-2013, 08:31 AM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
thanks jstnromero i know how you feel about used trucks, my first truck was a SUPER CLEAN 1997 F250 heavy duty. About six months after buying it the trans starting banging into reverse and drive took it back to the dealer and they rebuilt the trans under the warranty i bought, after getting the truck back asked the salesmen what the heck happened because the truck only had 36k on it. He said the owner traded it in and when he did the dealer removed the westin plow for him and touched up the under coating where the plow bracket was! Well after the trans not a month later front ball joints starting banging front wheel bearings were toast also and so on...... after two grand i installed all new front end, after that i said i would never buy another used truck no matter how well kept it looked on the outside, undercarriage, inside whatever

Old 10-18-2013, 09:13 AM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
Looks great man, Do you have any pics of the dynomat? I also treat everything I own like gold, i treat it like a truck when i need to but i make sure to take car of her while treating her like a truck. I got lucky how i acquired the truck, I basically finished the payments for my dad and he bought his new truck but I've been working since I was 12 landscaping with my dad as well as working now at my current job so I learned the value of a dollar young which in my eyes is a good thing but everyone tells me I'm too old for my age though lol.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:43 AM
MDSuperDuty
Cargo Master
Received 49 Likes on 17 Posts
Can one of you guys come and wash, wax, clean, patch paint, vacuum the interior, remove stain on rear seat, rotate my 4 rear tires, polish the aluminum wheels, shine up the ball on my draw bar (total jab here), polish all the chrome, fix the leaks in my cap, clean the inside and outside of each window, and then shine EVERYTHING up for me each week?

I have absolutely zero time to spend 3-5 HOURS cleaning my truck each week let alone one time per month! Trust me, I like when my truck is clean and looking it's best and I wash it regularly and vacuum the interior. But the waxing, clay, polishing, painting tires, and probably using q-tips to clean everything, I've just got too many other important things to do to allow time for that nonsense. But more power to those that do! No reason to let your high dollar purchases rot.

Seriously though when are one of you guys coming over to clean my truck to a mirror finish each week.......?

Old 10-18-2013, 10:53 AM
xmontex4
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by MDSuperDuty
Can one of you guys come and wash, wax, clean, patch paint, vacuum the interior, remove stain on rear seat, rotate my 4 rear tires, polish the aluminum wheels, shine up the ball on my draw bar (total jab here), polish all the chrome, fix the leaks in my cap, clean the inside and outside of each window, and then shine EVERYTHING up for me each week?

I have absolutely zero time to spend 3-5 HOURS cleaning my truck each week let alone one time per month! Trust me, I like when my truck is clean and looking it's best and I wash it regularly and vacuum the interior. But the waxing, clay, polishing, painting tires, and probably using q-tips to clean everything, I've just got too many other important things to do to allow time for that nonsense. But more power to those that do! No reason to let your high dollar purchases rot.

Seriously though when are one of you guys coming over to clean my truck to a mirror finish each week.......?
Pay for gas and I'm there lol. I don t go that overkill but i try to take care of it when i can like once a month on a weekend when I'm free (not often lol).

Quick Reply: my truck had another facelift! Pics