Kansas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Flip4ford

Utah Trip (AKA Kick HITR Trails Butt Thread)

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 03:41 AM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 106 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by Garden Spyder
check battery voltage, and lubricate it.
You battery needs oiled-- wow that must be some battery :-)

Old 09-02-2012, 07:02 AM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
hey.. what can I say.. its a beast!

Old 09-02-2012, 08:05 AM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Some stuff while I'ma thinkin bout it.

The GMRS radios I have take batteries. They last about a day or so on fresh batteries pending on how much jabber jawin folks do. Two take 4 AA batteries and have rechargeable battery packs. The third takes 4 AAA batteries and does not have a charger or battery pack. I have 8 AA batteries for back up and some AAA in Jr. I'd guess about 10. My flash light uses AAA also. I have one charger that will recharge both rechargeable radios. Works well for me cause I kin have one in the charger and one ta talk with. Then switch um out when one runs down. So ifin ya have some AA or AAA batteries I have a radio you can use.

Don't fergit the chapstick. Yer lips will dry out an when ya gits home yer sweetie won't wanta smooch ya. Ya kin use baar grease ifin ya like.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:18 AM
husker
Hotshot
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts
I plan on packing the CB along. It has lighter plug and easily moves from one vehicle to another.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:29 AM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
I wasn't planning on bringing a cb. But we do have one. Clint took it down stairs. GMRS are smaller and take up way less room even with charger and extra batteries.

Guess I could have Clint bring the cb back up. Course CB's can be nice to get road reports from the truckers going out an back.

Old 09-02-2012, 11:39 AM
husker
Hotshot
Either way works for me. Curtis and I need to sit down and decide who needs to bring what. No use overdoing it.

Old 09-03-2012, 06:44 AM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Just a little over 24 hours and we get to head west. Garrett turned on the big frreezer this weekend and froze up some single portions of meat for him to cook. I made up some flavored drink mix in old V-8 bottles and froze them for the ice chests. They work like block ice and last longer to keep stuff cold in the chest. Then when they melt they make good drinking.

Test loaded stuff in Jr. yesterday. Need to load some stuff in Clint's SD today and clean the house. Tomorrow will be final house cleaning and loading up.

Where I plan to be friday through sunday I most likely won't have a lot of cell service. Should be able to check in friday morning with folks but it will be very hit and miss till I get back to Blanding Sunday afternoon. Folks may have the trouble on the way out. Best to just leave messages with updates and check messages when you can.

When I get to Blanding on Wednesday I plan to unload Jr. off the trailer. Folks with a trailer might want to do the same. If I get the camp site I want to it is best to pull the trailer in and out unloaded. It will be about 18 miles from Blanding out to where we leave the highway to go back into the camping areas. I plan to have Garrett park the truck and trailer while I go look for a campsite in Jr. Depending on time sunday afternoon Garrett and I paln to buy ice and supplies and get a shower in Blanding sunday afternoon. Then maybe take Garrett to an eatin house.

From Comb Wash it is about 60 miles to Halls Crossing on the highway. About 50 miles to the turn off for the way in and some campsites. Most likely I will not load Jr. back on the trailer for that move tuesday either. Again the campsite I want is best to pull an unloaded trailer to.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:48 PM
husker
Hotshot
Gathered some of the stuff I need to bring along the last couple of days. Also have been doing some once over stuff on the SD before the trip.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:53 PM
Garden Spyder
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
Del, we still need to test trailer brakes, and figure out what we are brining for food, tools, and camping gear, do you have an evening available?

Old 09-04-2012, 09:30 PM
74 bronco
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Dad left about 4:50 to pick Garrett up from work then on their way.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:16 AM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Toe toe, we ain't in Kansas no mo.

We be in Colie Radoo. But they ain't no mountains where we are.

No troube gittin this far. Sundance is posed t leave Denver in abit an meet up with us in Blanding this afternoon/evening.

I did fer gitted Garretts lunch meat. So he has bread. I do have peanut butter. But we will stop to git some lunch meat fer Garrett and maybe some more fire wood.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:01 AM
husker
Hotshot
Reminds me to load some fire wood and to bring an axe. Do you have lucifers, Jack or just flint and steel?

Old 09-07-2012, 10:55 AM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Garrett started the fire last night with burried coals from the night before.

We has fire! No flint an steel though.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:14 AM
HappyJack
Lead Driver
Had some trouble with Jr. Not going to do the Blue mountains today. We are in Blanding for showers. Tonight we will drive the SD to Poison Spring and back tomorrow. Keep yer fingers crossed they have the part for Jr. Some pics at:http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...37#post3030637

Old 09-07-2012, 01:32 PM
husker
Hotshot
Let us know if we need to bring any parts along.

Quick Reply: Utah Trip (AKA Kick HITR Trails Butt Thread)