General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

mad just begins to explain it

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2002, 08:26 PM
Rcmgiasson
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 08-Oct-02 AT 09:33 PM (EST)]Today, while at school, somebody ripped off my stereo and CB radio(among other things that were in the truck). They also buggered up my door when they pried out the lock. The truck was parked on a busy street too. This enrages me so much I could snap, there was close to 1000 dollars worth of stuff taken not to mention the bodydamage. The only thing I can say is they are lucky I didn't catch them as I am back and forth to the truck through out the day. It would have almost been worth them doing it if I could have caught them in the act.

Old 10-09-2002, 08:10 AM
zimman20
Senior User

Feel for you, many of us have had this happen to us. I had my F150 broken into (they broke the wing window) with the truck IN MY DRIVEWAY, set about 100' back from the road, tucked in behind the house. Some of these guys are pretty brazen. They took my $400.00 Sony CD player, I thoughtfully left the removable face in the glove compartment for them, since it was in the driveway and all.

Hurts, but time dulls the pain, if that makes you feel any better.

zman

Old 10-09-2002, 09:42 AM
ralphie123
New User

I understand your feelings, and you're probably more upset about being a victim (and not being able to do anything about it) than the lost dollars and inconvenience.

Old 10-09-2002, 10:29 AM
jim henderson
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get a good alarm and use it.

I have been car burgled twice. Once an alarm prevented the purp from getting further than just opening the door.

My worst experience was when I had a Datsun truck with a new stereo in it. I loaned it to my Dad who parked it way in the back of the apartments so no one would see it and be tempted. Great, a place where a thief could work unmolested, thanks Dad. Stole the stereo, my tools, spotlight, accessories, and busted the window to boot. Man do you feel violated.

I am probably lucky I never caught either of the two thieves in either incident. I would probably have spent more jail time they they would have, if I caught them.

Jim Henderson

Old 10-09-2002, 10:30 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster

Sorry to hear about your loss. Thieves suck. I bet you might find your stuff in the local pawn shops or on ebay soon; you never know just how dumb the crooks might be.

Also, I was wondering if ya'll had car alarms on your trucks?

Old 10-09-2002, 04:40 PM
Graffe
Senior User

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 09-Oct-02 AT 06:26 PM (EST)]I feel your pain. A few years back I was hit two nights in a row in two different vehicles. One of the vehicles was just finished with a 4k sound system the day before. The third night I layed out for them and they did show up (5 of them) but they didn't get out of their car. Lucky for me because my vengeance was running so deep, I would have done something stupid.

I do have a link that might make you feel a bit better. This topic just came up on a motorcycle forum that I frequent and although these guys are in the UK, it still feels good to know that some scumbag thieves are getting what they deserve:

[link:www.fahncahn.com/test/bikethieves/bikethieves.htm|The Equalizers] (caution for language)

Enjoy the reading,
Graffe

Old 10-09-2002, 05:19 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

>Also, I was wondering if ya'll had car alarms on your
>trucks?

After being violated 5 times.

You betcha I do.

I have an audible alarm :for the hood & all the doors.

Automatic electrocution device when the doors are touched.

A loaded shotgun (with a trigger actuation device) pointed at every window.

An activated Heat Seeking crossbow & arrow in the truck box under the canopy.
A Barry Manilow Loaded CD player with the volume turned way up,just in case they find a way to still intrude under the canopy.

Plus,
A huge wooden pile driving hammer than you would see Wylie the Coyote try and use on the Road Runner that monitors humans within a 5 ft perimeter of the truck.

[font color=red]Dennis

FTE Assistant Administrator
[/font]

[link:www.ford-trucks.com/guidelines.html|Club FTE]

[link: motorhaven.autoanything.com|How YOU Can Support This Site]

http://www.clubfte.com/users/mil1ion/canada_flag_animated.gif

[link:www.clubfte.com/users/mil1ion/Mil1ion.html|My Website,"North Of The 49th"]

Old 10-09-2002, 05:29 PM
mgazak
Laughing Gas

I saw a funny bumper sticker the other day that might cheer you up.

DON'T STEAL
The Government
Hates Competition

Old 10-09-2002, 07:05 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I plan eventually to get two systems installed in my F-100. The first being a silent alarm that sends an alert to a pager lookin' unit that can be carried with me, and the second one is going to be "LOW JACK".

It will mean that any thief that got away with my wheels would be tracked down no matter what, but the first option means I HAVE THE FIRST SHOT AT THEM!

- And I like that idea...

Besides, audible alarms don't even attract curiousity anymore.

Old 10-10-2002, 10:45 PM
Rcmgiasson
Senior User

After cooling down a bit I've come to a solution. First of all, after talking to several people around the university, they all have had or know someone who have had a similar experience since school started in september. So with that in mind if I get the truck fixed and stereo and equipment put back in chances are its just a matter of time before someone is in there again. So what I plan to do is get the truck fixed and leave it at home while at school. I'm going to drag out my 69 chevy that is completely rusted and which I care little about and drive that. If someone wants to break into that all the power to them, there isn't even a radio in it. It's a shame that a person can't even drive something nice these days with out someone trying to mess is up.

Old 10-11-2002, 11:28 AM
tw
More Turbo
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 10-11-2002, 10:05 PM
groundrat
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After having my truck broken into in my yard, I put an alarm system in it with a paging unit. I also went ahead and put a 133db siren in the cab. Good luck concentrating with that going off all around you. I plan on instaling a hood lock so you cant disconnect the battery. I also have two separate cutoffs for the engine. One for the solenoid and one for the fuel pump. To the criminals all I can say is if you want it that bad,,, EARN IT!!!!

Bill

Old 10-13-2002, 11:10 PM
BuiltToughF250
Posting Guru

our house got broken into one time, though a window which had to be pryed on. good way to leave fingerprints right? and do you think the police were concerned enough about catching these *******s just to run a fingerprint check? heck no theyd rather give out speeding tickets to honest people so the police station can pay for their un- needed expenses. like donuts for example.

funny thing is, i KNOW who it was and found out that they WERENT in school at the time.

the better part is how stupid they are !!!

i had my 9mm. glock pistol in a dresser drawer the runnaged through, as well as $ 700.00 cash in the same drawer, AND THEY DIDNT EVEN NOTICE IT !!! they were too busy winding up the power cord for my fifty dollar cordless phone, and a $ 150.00 stereo to notice these things in my underware drawer !!! hahahahhahha !!! losers !!!

just goes to show... crime doesnt pay when you look stupid !!!

BuiltToughF250

Old 10-13-2002, 11:12 PM
BuiltToughF250
Posting Guru

i just though about it, i dont blame anyone for not digging too deep in my underware drawer !!!

Old 10-13-2002, 11:34 PM
TorqueKing
Posting Guru

I have a hidden single-pole, double-throw switch in the grill of my truck which disables the MSD ignition box. Unless they're pretty serious performance ignition guys, there's not much chance they'll be able to figure that one out. In fact, if they're smart enough to figure out how to start my truck around that, they would make a pretty good living under the hood of a car! It doesn't keep them from breaking stuff on the outside though. I like the Lo-Jack idea, because we all have to accept the fact that if a theif wants your stuff, unless he's a total idiot (as BuiltTough pointed out), then he's gonna be able to get it. The Lo-Jack thing can find it wherever it is, which is the only way to catch 'em.

'77 F100, 302 (the aftermarket Prodigy), C4
Cadet Second Lieutenant John F. Daly III
South Carolina Corps of Cadets, The Citadel
The TorqueKing

Quick Reply: mad just begins to explain it