Sponsored by: DP Tuner

ISSPRO vs Autometer

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 04:14 PM
A/Ox4
9 ECHO 1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
ISSPRO vs Autometer

I know lots of people think Autometers are inferior to ISSPROs. Why is this?

I got my ISSPROs from clay today. Just curious why autometer has a bad rep.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:25 PM
F-250 Super Duty
Laughing Gas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have both. Isspro EV2 and AutoMeter Z series. During the day I love the Autometer Gauges, Boost and EGT all have 1 lb. increment marks while the Isspro only list every 5lb. The AutoMeters are crisp and clear to see and have a brighter day time face.

Now for night time, I can't see the AutoMeter Faces for crap with green LEDS in them. The Isspro's look like they were installed from the factory they match so good.

My AutoMeter's are about six years old, I just added a Isspro Fuel Presure. My Pyro is acting up and when it goes I'm going to go with the Isspro, but Man do I wish they had the face of the Autometer's with the needle and lighted brightness of the Isspro's. That would make the perfect gauge in my book!

Old 07-07-2011, 04:26 PM
snakedoc
Postmaster
i dont think auto meter are bad i have had them on other trucks i just like the way isspro looks. and i dont know if auto meters are made in the USA like the isspros.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:27 PM
A/Ox4
9 ECHO 1

Originally Posted by F-250 Super Duty
The Isspro's look like they were installed from the factory they match so good.
I heard that the lead engineer for the EV2s drives an F250 and thats why they match so well.

Old 07-07-2011, 04:45 PM
429 f-100
Laughing Gas
i dont agree ive used autometers for over 30 years in all my cars and trucks as a matter of fact i just installed 20 year old auto meters liquid filled race gauges that i had from an old bronco into my 65 f100 and they still work flawlessly.i have never had one fail! also i installed new autometer gs series in my 99 f350 they are awesome they are very readable buy day white numbers and a red pointer and led green at night they were three times brighter than the factory light so i bought there dimmer turn them down and they match perfect!day or night i also just installed some issopros for a fellow member here and i wasnt very impressed with the connector on the back of the gauge kinda like the old blue squeeze type of connectors like the uhaul people would put on if you bought a hitch from them . and years later they had to be redone.guess its like the ford chevy thing though its what you want . i vote for the autometers!

Old 07-07-2011, 04:52 PM
A/Ox4
9 ECHO 1

I'm not bias either way. I just got my first gauges so I have nothing to compare it to. I've just heard people say "oh no not autometers.." so I was curious.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:22 PM
DieselHardware
Elder User
Originally Posted by TreySpooner65
I heard that the lead engineer for the EV2s drives an F250 and thats why they match so well.
Michael Pliska is a great guy. Has an OBS dually that he races in sportsman in NHRDA. He is a long time bracket racer and also pilots the Dirtymax part of the time.

Old 07-07-2011, 06:55 PM
megawatt00
Hotshot
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
When I got my guages I got Autometer because a friend owned a shop that built replica Cobras and I got them wholesale. I am very pleased with them they have not given me a smidgen of trouble.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:04 PM
superduty4x4
Hotshot
Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts
I like Isspro because:
They are USA made
They have a great reputation
They have great customer service

I just recently installed a set of custom built Isspro EV2's in my 97- color coded pyro, fuel psi and boost. Mine are basically a one of a kind set... for now at least. White face/red pointer/chrome bezel with built in warning lights. Isspro built them and shipped them straight to me, I bought them through the guy everyone loves to hate, good 'ol CSIPSD.

Old 07-07-2011, 07:13 PM
megawatt00
Hotshot
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by superduty4x4
I like Isspro because:
They are USA made
They have a great reputation
They have great customer service

I just recently installed a set of custom built Isspro EV2's in my 97- color coded pyro, fuel psi and boost. Mine are basically a one of a kind set... for now at least. White face/red pointer/chrome bezel with built in warning lights. Isspro built them and shipped them straight to me, I bought them through the guy everyone loves to hate, good 'ol CSIPSD.
Sooooo any pictures???????

Old 07-11-2011, 10:12 AM
superduty4x4
Hotshot
Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts
Old 07-11-2011, 11:42 AM
A/Ox4
9 ECHO 1

Mine:

Old 07-11-2011, 12:14 PM
Shake-N-Bake
Post Fiend

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by TreySpooner65
I know lots of people think Autometers are inferior to ISSPROs. Why is this?

I got my ISSPROs from clay today. Just curious why autometer has a bad rep.
I have always thought that Autometer sells quality gauges. We used them in our race cars all the time and they seem to hold up well. Never a failure that I can recall.

I have ISSPRO EV2 on my truck while my wife's truck has Autometer Phantom gauges. My only complaint on the Phantom gauges is that they are much harder to read then the EV2s, especially at night. The EV2 pyro gauge is really nice because it has the color code bands where the Phantoms do not. This is especially convenient when towing a 16k lb fifth wheel up a 7% grade. During the long uphill pulls, I like to scan my gauges more frequently but I don't like taking my eye off the road for very long so having a gauge that I can read at a quick glance has some extra value to me.

Old 07-11-2011, 04:44 PM
429 f-100
Laughing Gas
[QUOTE=gchavez;10561683]I have always thought that Autometer sells quality gauges. We used them in our race cars all the time and they seem to hold up well. Never a failure that I can recall.

I have ISSPRO EV2 on my truck while my wife's truck has Autometer Phantom gauges. My only complaint on the Phantom gauges is that they are much harder to read then the EV2s, especially at night.

greg isnt that phantom gauge a incandescent reg style light bulb?

[QUOTE=F-250 Super Duty;10547286]I have both. Isspro EV2 and AutoMeter Z series. During the day I love the Autometer Gauges, Boost and EGT all have 1 lb. increment marks while the Isspro only list every 5lb. The AutoMeters are crisp and clear to see and have a brighter day time face.

Now for night time, I can't see the AutoMeter Faces for crap with green LEDS in them. The Isspro's look like they were installed from the factory they match so good.

mike, isnt the z series gauges incandescent light bulbs to and i thought you said with the green led in another thread . i thinking you ment the green cover for the bulb.

the only thing i know that my autometer gs series are just as bright or brighter than the ev2s i helped joe put in last month. i am not trying to bash issopro just comparing apples to apples and throwing in my 2 cents.

Old 07-11-2011, 04:54 PM
VegasFordSD
Laughing Gas
Personally I don't like the aesthetics of the ISSPROS. Just my .02, not bashing anyone for having them, I just think the Autometers are more pleasing to the eye and I like the way they read out. I don't have any problems seeing my gauges, day or night, only complaint I have is they are a little TOO bright for me at night, going to be installing some resistors or a dimmer on them soon. As far as matching stock, that wasn't really an issue for me, I plan to replace stock gauge face with a white face and will probably change the bulb colors too, maybe to blue

Quick Reply: ISSPRO vs Autometer