Australia Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: ChunderDownUnder

Motor Build

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 10:11 PM
ChunderDownUnder
Cargo Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
update - motor is in. Pan is leaking truck wont start . At least I have good oil pressure now. 45psi while cranking read from the hpop reservoir. Cant build more than 250psi icp tho. I have swapped in my old ipr with no change. Disconnected icp, no change. Now I have put my old hpop in. Just waiting for my brand new batteries to charge. For the luv of pete, give us a break.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:24 AM
ChunderDownUnder
Cargo Master

well it has been established before but I will repeat it for those who missed it. IM A IDIOT. Apparently the EBVP and IPR have the same plug. And guess what I had plugged into the IPR. Thats right, the EBPV plug. So its up and running. Will spend the next day putting the front end back on, but suffice to say I can feel the beginning of a perma grin

Old 10-13-2012, 08:29 AM
BadDogKuzz
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Brian I am sorry to hear you have had a tough good at it. But I am glad to hear you got it running

Old 10-13-2012, 09:50 PM
tiny1
Moderator & CL
Received 308 Likes on 283 Posts
Good to hear that you got her running.

Old 10-13-2012, 10:25 PM
ChunderDownUnder
Cargo Master

Yep, Im happy. Its got a heap more go in da pedal. The engine isnt as noisy and definitely smoother. Need to check the collector behind the turbo. I dont think its sealed right.

Old 10-14-2012, 04:55 AM
SSSimon
Posting Guru
Congrats Brian. It is hard to be 100% perfect when you're putting in the hours getting everything right. The good thing is that you were able to track the fault down and fix it which really proves you AREN'T an idiot, you just felt like one for a short perid !

Old 10-14-2012, 05:22 AM
ChunderDownUnder
Cargo Master

Amen to that bruva

Old 10-14-2012, 06:03 AM
aussie_f350
Senior User

Glad you got it happening, where's the bloody video?????

Old 10-20-2012, 04:51 AM
ChunderDownUnder
Cargo Master

Well its been a hectic week. I have got into it every night after work and its now 8.30pm Sat. Pulled the engine and fixed the oil pan. Fired up pretty much straight away. Sound real sweeeeet and no leaks. Got a video on da phone just gota work out how to put it on the pwuta.

happy with those numbers at idle. Will put the front end on 2morrow and take her for a spin.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:05 PM
ChunderDownUnder
Cargo Master

heres ya video of the 3rd time first start up. Now I have wroked out how to the the video thing I will take another during daylight

Old 10-20-2012, 11:31 PM
aussie_f350
Senior User

Sounds awesome mate, defiantly quieter in the engine than most I hear. So can we get a drive video now??

Old 10-21-2012, 12:27 AM
ChunderDownUnder
Cargo Master

Originally Posted by aussie_f350
Sounds awesome mate, defiantly quieter in the engine than most I hear. So can we get a drive video now??
Just did 70 km trip. Its starts pretty much first crank now. Didnt do one of the intercooler clamps up tight enough and of course it blew off. Need to get some miles on it before I bump up the tuner. Must say first impressions of Matts toons are very favorable. Im only in "economy" but it has great throttle response and you can tell it wants to go. The only gripe and this could be that I need to get use to it, is first gear is holding a little to long. Although a lot of engine failures are low in the rev range when you are loading up the rods, he maybe letting the engine rev a little higher before it goes into second.
Oh and what are you looking for in the drive video ??

Old 10-21-2012, 06:30 AM
SSSimon
Posting Guru
Fantastic Brian, Great effort. In the vid, add a bit of a commentary on how it feels compared to previously.

I'm definitely interested in one of those 6 pos tuners. I find with the Superchips on top setting, the throttle is just too touchy around town. I would love to just dial it down into a cruise mode.

Clamp those IC boots up and see what boost figures you can pull!

Old 10-21-2012, 03:20 PM
artie49
New User
so pleased to see the light at the end of the tunnel for you. Never had any doubts. Cannot wait to hear how good it goes and to catch up with you and your lovely wife.
Best regards Artie

Old 10-21-2012, 05:34 PM
aussie_f350
Senior User

Originally Posted by ChunderDownUnder
Just did 70 km trip. Its starts pretty much first crank now. Didnt do one of the intercooler clamps up tight enough and of course it blew off. Need to get some miles on it before I bump up the tuner. Must say first impressions of Matts toons are very favorable. Im only in "economy" but it has great throttle response and you can tell it wants to go. The only gripe and this could be that I need to get use to it, is first gear is holding a little to long. Although a lot of engine failures are low in the rev range when you are loading up the rods, he maybe letting the engine rev a little higher before it goes into second.
Oh and what are you looking for in the drive video ??
That's awesome mate, can't wait to see some numbers, got plans for a dyno pull?
With the gearbox, will that be a tune thing or valve body? I've never driven anything like yours but they defiantly pull better when they go up a gear with the tc locked up.
Just a couple drive bys and a in cab video, if you can do it? Thanks mate I love reading about your stuff.

Quick Reply: Motor Build