Sponsored by: Moser

Need A Little Input...

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 09:32 AM
Aaron-71
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by VocaTexas
Thanks for the input, guys. I'm going to go ahead and see what I can scrounge up. I ranch for a living, and I've got a side business too, so this can't be my main focus, but it's something I've thought about for a long time. I drove by that scrap-metal yard one day and saw a dent-side crew cab on top of the crush pile and nearly cried.

I've got some connections in the area I'll start working. I live in the country between two towns and I know the owners of the wrecker services in both. I have relatives in another town about 50 miles away, and am friends with the chief of police in another. I've already talked to one of them. With the big push to crush older vehicles the last year or so, I'm hoping that there are still enough left around to make a difference.

My main focus had been on interior and grille parts, along with badges and chrome, since a lot of them are hard to find or really expensive when you find NOS or reproductions. When it comes to the bigger stuff like body parts, I'll have to check on shipping and see how expensive it is.

This might be a dead-end, but I'm going to pursue it for now. When/if I dig something up, I'll post in here and let you guys know.

Sleepy, I'm over near Brady (Voca is 15 miles south-east of Brady). I used to drive by Axtell on my way to Tyler when I was trucking. I used to see lots of dent-sides in the Waco area. I guess the 'cash for clunkers' crap put an end to a lot of them.
How exactly are you going to go about posting this stuff up and deciding who gets what?

I would really love some of the stuff you're going to search for, but I'm sure others will too!

I'd hate to see this turning into something that you regret because us dentside lovers are tearing each others throats out to get to you first... just so we can get that part that we need!

If you really think about it, you'd have people waiting by there computer hitting the refresh button 24/7 on this thread...

Not sure how you want to work this, but I'll trust that you've got something intelligent in mind?

Old 05-26-2011, 04:09 PM
Sleepy445FE
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Aaron-71
How exactly are you going to go about posting this stuff up and deciding who gets what?

I would really love some of the stuff you're going to search for, but I'm sure others will too!

I'd hate to see this turning into something that you regret because us dentside lovers are tearing each others throats out to get to you first... just so we can get that part that we need!

If you really think about it, you'd have people waiting by there computer hitting the refresh button 24/7 on this thread...

Not sure how you want to work this, but I'll trust that you've got something intelligent in mind?
People part out trucks constantly on here. Check the classified section. It's first come first serve.

VocaTX, check out ChaseTrucks thread in the classifieds. It's a good model I think to go about doing this.