Sponsored by: Moser

WeatherTech Floorliners...thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 10:37 AM
OTL_himself
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WeatherTech Floorliners...thoughts?

Payday is coming up in a couple days, and I expect to have enough extra to invest in WeatherTech Floorliners for the front and back of my SCab. Before I pull the trigger, I thought I'd ask if any of you guys have any experience with their products, or if there may be any other more cost-effective alternatives? So far the only thing I've found in the way of rubber/vinyl floor mats are like what you get at your local parts store, and they don't stay in place nearly as well, nor offer the complete floor coverage as do the WeatherTech mats. Any thoughts, opinions, or experience-related testimonials are welcome. Thanks!

Old 03-29-2017, 11:17 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm cheap, and only seem to get stuff when it's a sweet deal. But, if I had money to go and pick out any set of floor mats for my Super Crew, it would be those same mats.
My truck had just the carpeted mats, and I snagged a set of factory F150 floor mats, front and rear. They do look nice, but they aren't near what that Weather Tech mat is.

Unk Bob

Old 03-29-2017, 11:29 AM
Robbgt
Logistics Pro
Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts
I have the weathertech floor mats (not the liners) and have been very happy with them. Have had installed since a couple miles on the truck and have been through winters since '13 with them. Trap dirt / water / snow well in the grooves and can easily dump them outside the truck. They clean up quick with a stiff bristle brush and some car soap.

Old 03-29-2017, 02:50 PM
OTL_himself
Elder User
Originally Posted by ubereal2
I'm cheap, and only seem to get stuff when it's a sweet deal. But, if I had money to go and pick out any set of floor mats for my Super Crew, it would be those same mats.
My truck had just the carpeted mats, and I snagged a set of factory F150 floor mats, front and rear. They do look nice, but they aren't near what that Weather Tech mat is.

Unk Bob

I've tried to see if anybody offers the WeatherTech mats at a discount, and it appears Amazon does, but the reviews they receive are iffy. Some say they're great, while others express issues with fitment as well as warranty-related issues, so I'm guessing maybe the Amazon sellers are functioning like an outlet store of sorts? I dunno, but the difference in price doesn't seem worth rolling the dice with them honoring the warranty if it ever comes to that.

Our first road trip on the new truck is planned for this June, and I have two young daughters (ages 8 and 1 1/2), and small children plus road trips typically equals Cheetos and juice...lol. What we're investing in buying this truck is almost equivalent to what my wife and I have spent on the two most expensive vehicles we've ever bought combined, so I'm definitely approaching this from the "protect the investment" standpoint. I know I COULD get the rubber mats from O'Reilly for a fraction of the cost, but I hate how they slide around, and the protection they really offer is limited at best. The WeatherTech liners all but cover every inch of carpet on the floorboard.

Originally Posted by Robbgt
I have the weathertech floor mats (not the liners) and have been very happy with them. Have had installed since a couple miles on the truck and have been through winters since '13 with them. Trap dirt / water / snow well in the grooves and can easily dump them outside the truck. They clean up quick with a stiff bristle brush and some car soap.

This carries a lot of weight particularly because you also have a '13 STX SCab. I can't really get a more "closer to home" testimonial than that

Old 03-30-2017, 08:09 AM
Robbgt
Logistics Pro
Received 83 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by OTL_himself
This carries a lot of weight particularly because you also have a '13 STX SCab. I can't really get a more "closer to home" testimonial than that
Happy to help. I'm sure that the liners have much better coverage than the mats, but these were less expensive and have been working fine for me. I should mention however, that the ones for the back seat prevent the rear cup holder from fully folding down. This isn't an issue for me as there are rarely people in the back seat. I'll take a pic later so you know what I mean by this if that helps.

Old 03-30-2017, 10:54 AM
OTL_himself
Elder User
Originally Posted by Robbgt
Happy to help. I'm sure that the liners have much better coverage than the mats, but these were less expensive and have been working fine for me. I should mention however, that the ones for the back seat prevent the rear cup holder from fully folding down. This isn't an issue for me as there are rarely people in the back seat. I'll take a pic later so you know what I mean by this if that helps.

I think I want to opt for the coverage the liners offer, particularly considering I have two young kids who ride in the back. I played around on the website with the idea of maybe going with the liner in the back, and the mats up front, or vice versa to try to save money, but I can't get past the fear that if I do that, eventually something's gonna spill and find its way to the unprotected areas per Murphy's law....lol. I gotta have my coffee in the morning, so that over-the-hump protection offered by the liners would offer a lot of extra peace of mind for me

Old 03-31-2017, 05:11 AM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,221 Likes on 803 Posts
I have the Husky liners in mine. I'm happier than I thought I would be. Excellent protection for the front and rear of the cab. I think you'll do fine with the weathertech products.

Old 03-31-2017, 09:12 AM
King-bRanch
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We have had several vehicles with WeatherTech Floor Liner's & I was happy with them except for 1 thing, they direct any liquid to drain directly into the doorjamb....Stupid

So when I bought the F150 I went searching for something better hopefully & what I found is awesome! I bought Floorliner's from HUSKY this time & not only do they not let liquid drain into your doorjamb, they are also more of a rubber than a plastic (like WeatherTech) basically HUSKY are much more pliable.

I suggest looking at HUSKY, see Link for Pic's...... https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post16331266

Old 03-31-2017, 09:27 AM
WXboy
Cargo Master
Received 342 Likes on 208 Posts
I'm using Michelin EdgeLiner in the front and back of mine. They've got better coverage than the WeatherTech and Husky that I've used before, and I love how they function.

Old 03-31-2017, 03:50 PM
OTL_himself
Elder User
Originally Posted by tseekins
I have the Husky liners in mine. I'm happier than I thought I would be. Excellent protection for the front and rear of the cab. I think you'll do fine with the weathertech products.
Originally Posted by King-bRanch
We have had several vehicles with WeatherTech Floor Liner's & I was happy with them except for 1 thing, they direct any liquid to drain directly into the doorjamb....Stupid

So when I bought the F150 I went searching for something better hopefully & what I found is awesome! I bought Floorliner's from HUSKY this time & not only do they not let liquid drain into your doorjamb, they are also more of a rubber than a plastic (like WeatherTech) basically HUSKY are much more pliable.

I suggest looking at HUSKY, see Link for Pic's...... https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post16331266

It's funny you guys each mention the Husky liners. I was just looking at some of those on Amazon today. They were mostly getting positive reviews, and a set runs about $100 cheaper than WeatherTech. Gonna give it further thought...

Originally Posted by WXboy
I'm using Michelin EdgeLiner in the front and back of mine. They've got better coverage than the WeatherTech and Husky that I've used before, and I love how they function.

This is the first I've heard of that product. Got any pics?

Old 04-01-2017, 08:00 AM
mueckster
Lead Driver
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I had the Husky liners in my '01 F250 CC and still have them in my '05 Explorer. Both, my '13 F150 SCrew and wife's '13 Escape have the Weather Techs. I have been happy with both brands. They both offer something a little different, but are doing the job. BTW, I asked about the floor liners when I purchased my truck, and the salesman threw them in for free. Can't beat free!

Old 04-01-2017, 09:02 AM
bigdaddyII
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also have Husky liners and am thoroughly impressed. I doubt WT could do anything better. They are worth taking a hard look at before dropping the extra money just for the ST name.

Old 04-01-2017, 10:45 AM
lee 2
New User
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Someone asked about edgeliners, just put these in the 250 last week. Thoroughly impressed. I've had huskys and seen weathertechs, these are a lot more rubberized IMO and the groove depth is insane

--but any of them are 100x better than factory.

Old 04-01-2017, 10:32 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
I use Husky liners in all my vehicles, I like them better the weathertech and they hold more water, mud and junk and don't fold/curl as much/easily.

I sold my '98 Expedition in 2015 with Husky Liners that were put in it when it was new, they still looked great, did not curl or fold up. Still cleaned up and looked like new. Huge selling point for me!

Old 05-02-2017, 09:36 AM
OTL_himself
Elder User
Ultimately, I wound up ordering the WeatherTech liners. I took a good look at both Husky and Michelin liners, too, but ultimately decided to try WT for two main reasons.

First, when you factored in an over-the-hump protector, which Husky and Michelin offer as a separate piece, the price point wasn't all that different. That leads me to "Reason 1A," which was WT offered a single piece for the front for trucks like mine with no center console, rather than segmenting it into 3 pieces for driver side, passenger side, and OTH. Second, I didn't immediately see whether Husky or Michelin offered lifetime warranties on their liners. I don't doubt that they do, but WT seemed to make it pretty clear they offered one, so that gave me a little more confidence. For what I do, I'm confident I'd have been fine with any of these products, and we're ultimately talking about varying degrees of outstanding. Thanks to all of you guys for your input. I'm expecting to receive the floorliners tomorrow (Wednesday), considering I placed my order this past Sunday morning. I'll be sure and post pics once they're in place

Quick Reply: WeatherTech Floorliners...thoughts?