1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

What have you done to your truck today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 10:03 PM
Gearfloater
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
installed new FTSV, replaced 2 bad glow plugs, prayed as I started the old girl up and watched as she roared to life. after about 30 seconds or so of feathering and mashing the accelerator the motor smoothed out as the air purged from the Fuel system, got lucky with that.

Just gotta put the skid plate back on under the front tank.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:01 PM
00Boss
Elder User
I got my passenger window workin right now I need a new motor for the drivers side. Fixed my tie-rod end. and replaced the left side headlight bezel. Next is the carbs turn for attention.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:45 PM
CamoLaw
Senior User
Replaced my fuel pump. MUCH easier than I ever imagined. No more fuel leaks!

Went to the JY and picked up a heat stove pipe (expandable aluminum hose that runs from inlet on the manifold up to the valve on the air cleaner intake).

While at the JY, I also found two under-dash courtesy lamps. I un-bolted them from the parts truck and brought them home. Now I cant find the plug-ins anywhere in my truck (removed the dash pad). Any insight as to where these may be? If I cant find them by Monday morning, I assume I'll be returning to the JY to retrieve the plugs and black/blue wiring for them.

Old 12-04-2010, 09:06 PM
00Boss
Elder User
If there the ones Im thinkin of there right at the bottom corners by the doors. The kick panel screw is near them sorta.

Old 12-04-2010, 09:10 PM
CamoLaw
Senior User
Thanks for the heads up, I'll slip out and a take another look.

Old 12-04-2010, 11:38 PM
ctubutis
Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
The under-dash lighting was part of an optional Courtesy Lighting or some such package. If
your truck doesn't have those lights, you'll need to get an add-on wiring harness (will also
include an ashtray lamp) from the JY, it will be connected to the main harness on the lower
RH side down near the ash tray and HVAC controls.

Might as well grab a clock while you're there, it (and its extension cable) plugs into another
connector in the same location underneath.

Hell, why stop there, grab an interval wiper switch & governor (small black box screwed
underneath the dash near the wiper switch that fits inline between the main harness &
switch).

Old 12-05-2010, 01:08 AM
Gearfloater
New User
Tracked down a 14g fusibile link from NAPA (too bad it was after they were closed), as I noticed that one from the glow plug relay wasn't really hooked up to the glowplug loom. Connector shows sign of a meltdown at some point in its age, but never re-connected. Hope it solves the cold-start problem, Tired of using a heater block in the mornin when its only 40 out.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:38 AM
ctubutis
Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
Hey, Gearfloater, do me a favor and fill out the the rest of your profile so we can see where
you're at? Click User CP in the upper LH corner, the next page will have a list of things on
the LH edge you can adjust.

40 is my daytime high temp recently........

Old 12-05-2010, 12:11 PM
CamoLaw
Senior User
Found the black/light blue wires under the dash and by the kick-panels, but they end abruptly -- no connector on the end. I think I will hard wire the under-dash courtesy lights into those wires as they seem to be getting power when need (door ajar, interior lights on). Any foreseeable problems with that?

Tinkering with the idle settings. The truck is still idling pretty low but she's starting every time.

Old 12-05-2010, 02:01 PM
00Boss
Elder User
Mines weird, i assume its got to do with a dirty carb. The longer it runs the higher it idles but never above 1000rpms, starts at bout 500rpms. a little odd but I want to tear my carb apart and clean it

Old 12-06-2010, 02:11 AM
Gearfloater
New User
Originally Posted by ctubutis
Hey, Gearfloater, do me a favor and fill out the the rest of your profile so we can see where
you're at? Click User CP in the upper LH corner, the next page will have a list of things on
the LH edge you can adjust.

40 is my daytime high temp recently........
I had filled it out, but I didn't scroll down to fill out the fields that YOU can see lol. I took care of the location tho, that info should be public now as in my other thread I did, I mentioned I lived in Las Vegas, NV. (pretty sure I did)

Old 12-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Wicked Endings
Elder User
Well, left the house this morning and blew a radiator hose.

Talk about fun times)

Took my knife, cut it, slapped it back on and tightened her down and kept on going.

It's getting REALLY COLD.

We're fighting to get out of the 30's...

Not good for my ol' girl!

Old 12-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Anafiel
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's a day for hose blow-outs.

Heading into town to get some packing supplies, and blew a half inch rip into that little bypass hose that goes from the intake water neck to the water pump.

Didn't have a dang thing behind my seat to fix that one. Spent the morning walking back to the house. Good thing the parts store was on the way home....

(Have to start carrying duct tape)

Old 12-06-2010, 08:17 PM
00Boss
Elder User
Thats a darn good idea

Old 12-06-2010, 08:24 PM
pintoches
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Anafiel
It's a day for hose blow-outs.

Heading into town to get some packing supplies, and blew a half inch rip into that little bypass hose that goes from the intake water neck to the water pump.

Didn't have a dang thing behind my seat to fix that one. Spent the morning walking back to the house. Good thing the parts store was on the way home....

(Have to start carrying duct tape)
That hose is new on both my trucks, if it comes of for any thing I aways put a new one there!

Quick Reply: What have you done to your truck today?