1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

What have you done to your truck today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 07:40 PM
KingBigJoe
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bruno2
Well I am tooling along hwy 169 doing 65 like the rest of the world. Then I look and up and some bimbo is stopped in the middle of the 4 lane hwy. Then I plan my escape route only to notice the reason she is stopped is b/c some idiot in a Dodge Ram was carrying a mini schnauzer in a plastic kennel and it blew out and a 5 lb dog is running around on the shoulder of the busiest hwy in Tulsa. So pull back behind her so I dont accidently kill him and his dog . By this time the person who is texting and running up on me doing 65 mph suddenly notices that I am doing an emergency braking procedure. So he whips over and almost kills the idiot dog owner and his undeserving pet in the route I backed out of. Unfortunately the person behind him was suddenly exposed to myself and the bimbo that feels like saving a 5lb dog is worth killing multiple innocent commuters over and he smashes me into her . Then some little blue SUV looking thing smashes into the Mercury Mountaineer that smashed me into her. Then I start pushing on the skinny pedal to push her stupid mentally retarded *** out of the way so I dont get hit again by cement truck or an OTR truck doing 70. I finally get over to the side of the road and the others follow. I got out immediately to see everybody involved was alright except for the PETA member bimbo (who I was hoping was injured in the back of my mind).

I walked by her car and yelled a few things that would make a long shoreman blush and offend an athiest. The others were alright thank goodness . I look across the 4 lanes of traffic to find the idiot that shouldnt ever be trusted any kind of animal,plant,microbe or bacterial life form only to see him about to flee the scene he just caused with his improper load securing tactics. I try to wave him down and scream"Do not leave, do not leave". So he gives me the finger and speeds away. I tell everyone else to stay put b/c I have to at least try get his tag number. So I jump in the powerstroke and dial the tuner all the way up. I rolled a cloud of smoke that may have even caused another 5 car wreck. The Ram had about a mile on me before I could even get out in traffic. He had to be doing over 100mph. I realized there was no way I could catch up to him w/o reenacting the chase scene from the movie Bullit. So I keep going a few more miles hoping that he passed through a speed trap and was being pursued by the OHP, but , he wasnt anywhere to be found. I looked down every exit ramp to see if he got off the hwy. I didnt see him anywhere.

So I get off the hwy and turn around to get back to the scene. Then I discover that everybody else had left already. So I get off on the next 2 exits to see if they moved the police/ins party to a safer location, but , cant find hyde nor hair of them. So everybody is gone, the police werent called and that was that. Which I dont know if it was good or bad b/c usually everybodies ins. gets hit with something in a pile up situation like that. Regardless of how many people did some truly life threatening ignorant moves or not. I have what looks to be about $750.00 in body damage to my truck. Which is an absolute blessing b/c I didnt have front bumper on it at the time. If i did I would have had about $75.00 damage. I have a $1000.00 deductible. So I would have lost either way. I would have lost the $750 win lose or draw and could have had an increase in rates as well..
Man... I feel sorry for you. I hate stupid people like that . You always secure a light load .

& back on to this topic... I did nothing to my truck today because I still don't have one yet .

Last edited by KingBigJoe; 03-12-2012 at 07:40 PM. Reason: I made a slight error.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:44 PM
1983F1503004x4
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That's about absolutely nuts, man!

Are you even going to try and bother calling the cops?

He better be lucky he didn't give me the finger and try to run off like that. I would've chased him until the air ran out of my tires! I would've been hitting the phone too.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:50 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by bruno2
I wrecked my 96 F 250 today. Really stupid scenario also. I should have started beating everybody involved like my instincts told me.
Bummer! You weren't hurt?

Old 03-12-2012, 07:54 PM
Fordzilla80
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Sounds like you shared the road with some less than respectable drivers today Bruno.

Sorry to hear about your truck. Sounds like it's pretty fixable however.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:58 PM
ArdWrknTrk
pedant

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
That's really nuts!

I'm glad no one got hurt. (even the PETA bimbo and the little dust mop)

Sounds like your truck didn't make out too bad, for all that happened.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:26 PM
bruno2
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My neck and back are a little stiff, but , thats it. The F-250 (Whitey) is tougher than a yr in a Turkish Prison. If he would have had on his full battle dress he would have fared a lot better. However, I busted the grill (that I just had painted and polished) as well as the headlights on the passenger side and the headlight bezel(that I just had painted and polished also). I was suprised that the angle I hit her at didnt do more damege to my truck than it did . I had an Intercooler that I just retrofitted and I was sure it was smashed, but , it wasnt. The Mountaineer that rear ended me was hardly drivable, but , they made the escape also. The Mercury put a big dent in the apron of my flatbed. I t looked as though my class V receiver hitch and 2-5/16" ball hitch took most of what he was bringing.

I have been in a couple of wrecks in this truck and it never gets damaged much at all. Thats why I keep it. I should buy one for my little girl to learn how to drive in.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:38 PM
bruno2
Postmaster
No I didnt bother calling the fuzz. I was going , but , I ran the story I was about to tell them over in my head a couple of times and it went something like this: There was the Dumb @## MF'n SOB on the shoulder with a little dog and then Stupid dumb &%$ GD B(*#h and she was stopped in the road. Along comes a Hispanic gentleman in a Mecury who smashes me and then some poor unfortunate soul in a blue SUV thing that hit him.

I started to think they probably would have sprayed with pepper spray b/c I was in a walleyed tantrum and also I just barely had vague descriptions people vehicles. The first thing I did was get out with a pen and paper to start taking tag numbers down. About that time I realized the moron that caused all of this was starting to flee. So that screwed all of that up. Maybe the lady that put multiple people and families lives in danger took mine down and I will be hearing from her. I can only hope.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:58 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
I guess we won't see you on the 10:00 news? Everybody left so there wasn't anything to film. At least it wasn't the Bronco.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:15 PM
bruno2
Postmaster
No it wasnt the Bronco, but it was the other truck I have poured thousands into. I put it on hold with just a couple of things left to do so I could get the Bronco running and driving for Meghan since she has her drving permit.

So I suppose I am not bringing a smashed up Bronco to the CCONEOKFTEGTG. I have the next yr to get "whitey" back together again so he can go to the next ____CCONEOKFTEGTG(I left the blanks b/c who know who else from where might attend).

In case you guys have been wondering

CCO= Central Colorado
NEOK= Northeastern Oklahoma
you guys know the rest.

I sort of put that together from an old "Simpsons" episode where they had a TV commercial advertising the "Bi Mon Sci Fi Con" (Bi Monthly Science Fiction Convention). I thought it was funny and it has stuck with me for a lot of yrs.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
I hadn't worked out the CCO, but figured you'd finally tell me if I waited long enough. I win!

Truly am sorry to hear about Whitey though. It really is a bummer when you work on something, pouring money and sweat into it, and then some ..... less than intelligent driver causes it to be torn up.

By the way, RW is going to try to bring his son - Chris. Hope Chris gets to meet Kris.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Rogue_Wulff
Post Fiend
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Wow. Things like this happen everyday, because of stupid people.
Think about how stupid the average person is.......
Now, realize that 1/2 of them are stupider than that.....

Back on topic (somewhat).
Not my truck, but my son (Chris) and I replaced the rear shoes and wheel cyls on my son-in-law (Chris) and daughter's Bronco II. Tomorrow, we will tackle the loose front wheel bearings. I'm hoping someone just didn't have the correct socket for the bearing retainer nuts, and they've backed off.

Yes, my son and s-i-l are both named Chris. If that doesn't get confusing enough, the buddy who helped me with the welding on dad's truck, is also named Chris....... One day, we were all standing around talking, and my phone rang. It was for Chris.... Yes, I had to ask "Which Chris?"......

Old 03-12-2012, 10:07 PM
1983F1503004x4
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Rogue_Wulff
Yes, my son and s-i-l are both named Chris. If that doesn't get confusing enough, the buddy who helped me with the welding on dad's truck, is also named Chris....... One day, we were all standing around talking, and my phone rang. It was for Chris.... Yes, I had to ask "Which Chris?"......
My father, brother, dog, and grandfather are all named Ralph.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:16 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by 1983F1503004x4
My father, brother, dog, and grandfather are all named Ralph.
Hi, I'm Larry; this is my brother Darryl, and this is my other brother Darryl.

Old 03-12-2012, 10:25 PM
85lebaront2
Old School Hot Rodder

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Are you sure you're not in West Virginia?

Old 03-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Rogue_Wulff
Post Fiend
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Gary Lewis
Hi, I'm Larry; this is my brother Darryl, and this is my other brother Darryl.
LOL, I remember that show. Just that part, and not much else about it.....

Quick Reply: What have you done to your truck today?