Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: June 18, 2007|
|2006 Mark LT|
Some 2004-2006 F-150 and 2006 Mark LT vehicles may exhibit water leaking back into the cab and on to the passenger floor from the A/C plenum drain tube area.
Refer to the following Service Procedure to determine if the water leak is from the air conditioning drain tube.
- Verify that the water leak is from the heating ventilation air conditioning (HVAC) case drain seal and not from another source. Pull back the carpet on the passenger floorboard and feel the HVAC drain tube seal for water (Figure 1A-1B) The concern may be verified easier with the front of the vehicle slightly elevated.
- If there are signs of water or moisture at the drain tube seal, continue on with the TSB.
- If there are no signs of water or moisture, follow normal diagnosis and repair procedures.
Figure 1 – Article 07-13-5
NOTE: THE VEHICLE SHOULD BE COOL BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS PROCEDURE.
- Remove the right front wheel.
- Remove the right front fender inner splash shield. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 501-02.
- Remove the transmission dip stick tube retaining bolt and position the tube to allow additional hand clearance. Refer to WSM, Section 307-01.
- Locate the HVAC drain tube protruding from the bulk head. Clean all dirt and debris from the drain tube end. (Figure 2)
Figure 2 – Article 07-13-5
- Using Silicone Brake Caliper Grease and Dielectric Compound, lubricate the short end of the new 90 degree rubber elbow. Push the elbow onto the drain tube and orient the long end pointing straight down. (Figure 3)
Figure 3 – Article 07-13-5
- Reposition the transmission dip stick tube and tighten the retaining bolt to 9 lb-ft (12N-m).
- Reinstall the inner splash shield, Refer to WSM, Section 501-02.
- Reinstall the right front wheel.
- Verify transmission fluid level is correct.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|XG-3-A||MotorcraftÂ®Silicone Brake Caliper Grease and Dielectric Compound|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.
|071305A||2004-2006 F-150, 2006 Mark LT: Follow Service Procedure To Diagnose And Install Elbow Includes Time To Check And Top Off Transmission Fluid If Necessary (Do Not Use With 16102A, 16038A, 7228A)||0.9 Hr.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|