Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: February 3, 2005|
|2004-2005 F-Super Duty|
Some 2004-2005 F-Super Duty 4×4 vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission and manual transfer case, may exhibit the transfer case jumping out of 4H or 4L and into 2H or neutral position.
Use the following Service Procedure to adjust the transfer case shift linkage. It may necessary to replace the shifter bracket assembly as well.
- Remove the transfer case control rod at its connection with the shift linkage pivot pin.
- Loosen the two (2) 9/16 bolts connecting the shift bracket to the transmission.
- Move the bracket as far rearward as possible, torque the bolts to 85 lb-ft (115 N-m).
- Move the shifter into the 4H position and hold the linkage against the 4H detent wall of the shift gate.
- Without applying any further force rearward on the transfer case lever, try to reconnect the transfer case control rod to the shifter pivot pin.
- If the transfer case control rod can be reattached to the shifter pivot pin, return the vehicle to the customer.
- If the control rod cannot be reattached to the shifter pivot pin, remove the shifter bracket assembly and replace with new, following Workshop Manual Section 308-07B.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|4C3Z-7210-BA||Shift Bracket Assembly|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
|050306A||2004-2005 Super Duty F-Series: Adjust Manual Transfer Case Linkage||0.3 Hr.|
|050306B||2004-2005 Super Duty F-Series: Adjust Manual Transfer Case Linkage, And Replace Shift Bracket Assembly||0.7 Hr.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|