Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: April 22, 2009|
|2008 F-Super Duty|
Some 2008 F-Super Duty vehicles equipped with a factory trailer brake control (TBC) system may have a wiring fault on trailer in the message center and/or diagnostic trouble code (DTC) C2806 stored in the trailer brake control module. DTC C2806 is set when a short exists between any circuit and the output line.
Refer to the following Service Procedure to correct the condition.
|NOTE:||PLEASE PERFORM EVERY STEP TO AVOID REPEAT REPAIRS:|
- All circuits in 7-pin connector bundle, right/left turn signal, back up lamp, brake lamp, and tail lamp should be activated in turn, while checking for voltage on output line.
- Check aftermarket wiring, especially on 5th wheel hitches. All wiring must be soldered and shrink wrapped. Use of Scotch locks or other connectors is not recommended.
- Check for water intrusion in connector C4099 and round 7-pin connector.
- If water intrusion is found – Replacement is necessary for both connector C4099 with a new pigtail and the round 7-pin connector. Add Motorcraft® Silicone Brake Caliper Grease and Dielectric Compound to connector pins.
- If no water intrusion exists, follow Workshop Manual, Section 206-10 pinpoint test.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|XG-3-A||Motorcraft® Silicone Brake Caliper Grease and Dielectric Compound|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.
|090901A||2008 F-Super Duty: Replace Connector, Includes Time To Check Voltages (Do Not Use With 14200A)||1.1 Hrs.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|