Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: April 23, 2013|
|2011-2013 Mustang, Expedition, F-150|
Some 2011-2013 Expedition, Mustang, F-150, and Navigator vehicles may exhibit a delayed forward or reverse transmission engagement condition when cold.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
- Remove the main control. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 307-01.
- Replace the clutch exhaust valve and the converter drain back valve. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 307-01.
- Removal of the shift solenoids and the valves internal to the upper and lower main control sections is not required for this procedure.
- Assemble main control using a new separator plate. Refer to WSM, Section 307-01.
- Check balls must be installed in proper location to ensure correct transmission operation.
- Install main control and fill transmission. Refer to WSM, Section 307-01.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|CL3Z-7D142-A||Valve – Exhaust / Drain Back Valve (2 Req)|
|CL3Z-7Z490-A||Separator Plate (2011-2013 F-150/Mustang – 2012-2013 Expedition/Navigator)|
|6L2Z-7Z490-C||Separator Plate (2011 Expedition/Navigator)|
|XT-10-QLV||Motorcraft®MERCON® LV Automatic Transmission Fluid|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
|130415A||2011-2013 Expedition, Navigator, F-150 And Mustang: Follow Service Procedure To Repair Mechatronic (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||2.7 Hrs.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|