Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: NOVEMBER 2, 1999|
|1994-1997 F SUPER DUTY, F-250 HD, F-350|
1999 SUPER DUTY F SERIES
The transmission adapter may cause a misalignment between the flexplate and torque converter causing a pre-load condition between the two components. This concern arises during a transmission flexplate replacement.
Inspect and replace (if necessary) the flexplate reinforcement plate and crankshaft spacer when replacing the flexplate. In addition, replace the engine spacer during this procedure. Refer to the following Service Procedure for details.
|NOTE:||THIS PROCEDURE SHOULD BE USED FOR BROKEN/CRACKED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FLEXPLATES. THIS PROCEDURE IS PARTICULARLY IMPORTANT FOR VEHICLES WHICH HAVE SHOWN REPEAT FAILURES AND/OR LOW MILEAGE FAILURES.|
- Inspect the flywheel reinforcement plate for damage. The plate should be flat and free of any galling. Replace Flywheel Reinforcement Plate (F4TZ-6A366-A) if damaged.
- Inspect the crankcase spacer for damage. The spacer should be flat and free of any galling. Replace Crankcase Spacer (F81Z-6A366-AA) if damaged.
- Replace the Engine Spacer (F4TZ-6A369-A).
- Install the crankshaft spacer and flexplate reinforcement plate (less flexplate) with the flexplate attachment bolts. Tighten to specification. The crankshaft spacer and reinforcement plate should be firmly secured and bolts seated. If the bolts are not seated and/or the parts are still loose, remove the bolts, spacer, and reinforcement plate and bottom tap the crankshaft holes.
- Reinstall the crankshaft spacer, flexplate, reinforcement plate, and reinstall the flexplate attachment bolts.
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|F4TZ-6A366-A||Flywheel Reinforcement Plate|
OTHER APPLICABLE ARTICLES:
497000, 504000, 597997, 601300, 603300