Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: October 10, 2013|
|2013 F-Super Duty|
This article supersedes TSB 13-7-12 to remove the production fix date.
Some 2013 F-Super Duty 6.7L diesel equipped vehicles may exhibit the malfunction indicator light (MIL) illuminated with any of the following diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs): P2002, P208E, P06EA, P06EB. A calibration is available to improve the monitors for the listed DTCs. Additionally, this calibration includes content to simplify the process for exiting the diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) anti-tampering strategy forced-idle mode. This mode is indicated by the message center displaying Exhaust Fluid System Fault.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
- Using an Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS) or equivalent, check for DTCs. Are any of DTC's P2002, P208E, P06EA or P06EB present or is the vehicle in forced idle mode with the message center displaying Exhaust Fluid System Fault?
- No – this article does not apply. Refer to Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) Manual for normal diagnostics.
- Yes – proceed to Step 2.
- Reprogram the powertrain control module (PCM) to the latest calibration using IDS release 84.03 or higher. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraft.com.
- Reset/clear the diesel particulate filter (DPF) parameter tables: Resetting/clearing the adaptive learn tables can be accomplished with IDS by selecting the following: Toolbox, Powertrain, Service Functions, Diesel Particulate Regeneration System, DPF Parameter Reset.
- The adaptive learn tables for the DPF are not reset during PCM reprogramming and will need to be reset/cleared to prevent the code(s) from being set falsely.
- Is the vehicle in forced-idle mode after reprogramming?
- No – repair is complete.
- Yes – the vehicle is in forced idle mode after the calibration has successfully updated and DTCs have been cleared. Remove the vehicle from forced idle mode by cycling the key.
PLEASE ADVISE THE CUSTOMER THAT THIS VEHICLE IS EQUIPPED WITH AN ADAPTIVE TRANSMISSION SHIFT STRATEGY WHICH ALLOWS THE VEHICLE'S COMPUTER TO LEARN THE TRANSMISSION'S UNIQUE PARAMETERS AND IMPROVE SHIFT QUALITY. WHEN THE ADAPTIVE STRATEGY IS RESET, THE COMPUTER WILL BEGIN A RE-LEARNING PROCESS. THIS RE-LEARNING PROCESS MAY RESULT IN FIRMER THAN NORMAL UPSHIFTS AND DOWNSHIFTS FOR SEVERAL DAYS.
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage And Emissions Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
|131011A||2013 F-Super Duty 6.7L: Check DTCs And Reprogram The PCM. Includes Time To Reset DPF Parameter, Remove The Vehicle From Forced Idle Mode And Clear Codes (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||0.6 Hr.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|