Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: June 5, 2013|
|2008-2012 F-Super Duty|
This article supersedes TSB 10-25-3 to update the model years, production fix date and Service Procedure.
Some 2008-2012 F-Super Duty vehicles built on or before 5/1/2012 may exhibit a pop or clunk noise heard/felt under floor pan when turning, and may be more noticeable when cold.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
The following procedure should only be performed on the side of the vehicle exhibiting the noise and/or bump concern as reported by the customer.
- Install Chassis Ear JSP97202 in Rotunda Technician Tool Program or equivalent to the left and/or right hand side of number 1 body support mounts. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 502-02.
- Road test the vehicle and attempt to duplicate customer concern by making left and right turns at low speed in an uneven parking lot.
- Does vehicle exhibit pop or clunk-type noise and/or feel a bump from the floor pan?
- Yes – proceed to Step 4.
- No – this article does not apply. Refer to (WSM), Section 100-04 for normal diagnostics.
- Determine vehicle model year and built date.
- 2008-2010 vehicles proceed to Step 5.
- 2011 and 2012 vehicles built on or before 05/01/2012 proceed to Step 13.
- Loosen all body support mount bolts from the affected side except the front end sheet mount located behind the front bumper.
- Raise vehicle cab slightly approximately 25 mm (1″).
- Remove the number 1 body support mount(s) on the affected side of the vehicle only. Refer to WSM, Section 502-02.
- Use a wire wheel to clean all threadlock material from the threads of the bolts.
- Install a shim between the floor pan and number 1 upper body support mount that exhibits the noise. (Figure 1)
Figure 1 – Article 13-6-7
- Lower vehicle cab.
- Apply Motorcraft® Threadlock and Sealer to the threads of the body support mount bolts.
- Reinstall the body support mount bolts number 2, 3 and 4 and torque to 103 N-m (76 lb-ft). Refer to WSM, Section 502-02.
- Replace the No. 1 lower body support mount(s). Refer to (WSM) Section 502-02.
- Apply Motorcraft® Threadlock and Sealer to the threads of all body support mount bolt(s).
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
|7C3Z-1000155-AA||Lower Body Mount Number 1|
|TA-25||Motorcraft® Threadlock and Sealer|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
|130607A||2011-2012 F-Super Duty: Follow Service Procedure To Diagnose And Replace The Number One Lower Body Support Mount On One (1) Side||0.7 Hr.|
|130607B||2011-2012 F-Super Duty: Follow Service Procedure To Diagnose And Replace The Number One Lower Body Support Mount On Both (2) Sides||0.9 Hr.|
|130607C||2008-2010 F-Super Duty: Follow Service Procedure To Diagnose And Replace The Number One Lower Body Support Mount Includes Time To Remove Remaining Body Mount Bolts To Install Shim On One (1) Side||1.3 Hrs.|
|130607D||2008-2010 F-Super Duty: One Lower Body Support Mount On Both (2) Sides Includes Time To Remove Remaining Body Mount Bolts To Install Shims On Both (2) Sides||1.9 Hrs.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|