Technical Service Bulletins
|Publication Date: October 4, 2013|
|2011-2012 F-Super Duty|
This article supersedes TSB 12-7-1 to update the Issue Statement and Service Procedure.
Some 2011-2012 F-Super Duty vehicles equipped with a 6.7L diesel engine may exhibit a Stop Safely Now instrument cluster message with the MIL on with DTCs P200E and P200C.
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.
- Using the Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS) or equivalent scan tool, retrieve all continuous memory DTCs. Are DTCs P200E and P200C present?
- No – this article does not apply. Refer to the Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) manual for normal diagnosis.
- Yes – proceed to Step 2.
- Obtain the exhaust gas temperature (EGT) readings from freeze frame data when DTCs P200E or P200C were set. (Figure 1)
- If only one EGT sensor is reading 850 °C (1562 °F) or higher, replace that sensor. Refer to Workshop Manual, Section 303-14B.
- If two or more EGT sensors are reading 850 °C (1562 °F) or higher, this article does not apply. Refer to PC/ED manual pinpoint test RC to diagnose the concern. EGT locations are different for chassis cab (narrow frame and pickup truck (wide frame). (Figure 2)
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage And Emissions Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.
|131002A||2011-2012 F-Super Duty 6.7L: Diagnose, And Replace One (1) EGT Sensor (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations)||0.5 Hr.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|
Figure 1 – Article 13-10-2
Figure 2 – Article 13-10-2